The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Advice on removing headlight support in clam

538 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cyow5 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Elise with 2005 headlights but the clam was replaced with a clam that works with the newer style headlights. (that is how I got the car, long story...) I purchased the correct headlight supports which work with the 2005 headlight and want to install them. I am looking for advice on how to remove the newer style headlight supports from my clam without damaging the clam. They seem to be bonded pretty tight! I was hoping the glue would be a little easier to work with and they would just pry off but I am scared of cracking the clam in the process.

Options:
1) change out the headlight supports which is the lowest cost. I have all the parts but risk damaging the clam
2) Purchase the newer style headlights. Uses clam and supports as is but $$$ because I need to buy new lights. May also need wire harness change.

So does anyone have experience or can someone provide advice for option 1? I REALLY need some help here folks....

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.