Beware of seller /vendor Exige 31 Johnny Sawyer - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Beware of seller /vendor Exige 31 Johnny Sawyer

Back in Jan I purchased a ECU that was advertised for a 2006 Elise from Elige31 on Lotus Talk. He had responded to my WTB inquiry here on LT. All well and good it gets sent to BOE directly to have tune installed. Three weeks later on a Saturday night at 930 I get a call from Phil that I have the wrong ECU that this is from a black dash.

Being over the barrel after this long of a wait and with track day looming I went a purchased one from Phil at twice the cost of the one I had just purchased. I contacted Johnny on Sunday and explained what happened and it first he was mad sayin it would "work" with a little work. Well I bought a product specific to the car not one to modify. He then blamed it on his son saying he must have pulled the wrong part from the shelf.

He agreed to refund my $375 once he received his old one back. I sent it as soon as it arrived from Phil and Johnny curiously had someone else refund $300 and when asked about it he said the $75 would be coming? After numerous emails, texts and phone call that were all cordial on both parts I attempted to remind him again today that he still owed $75 and he came back calling me and Phill every name in the book and sounded like some cracked out junkie on the other end of the line. His profanity laced tirade ended with him telling me to FO

To make a long story shorter even though this vendor had no complaints against him I should have done a paypal to business not to friends and family. Live and learn and I can only hope now to warn everyone about this guy. Watch out everyone on Sanibel Island and Adairsville, GA

Last edited by Catsailr27; 07-17-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: misspell of vendor name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Could moderator or Admin please change title to reflect my edit of vendor name, it should be Elige31 not exige31 Thanks, Richard
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Glad you got a good portion of it back before it went sour. Appreciate you sharing.

2002 Honda S2000 - RIP MAY 2012
2005 Lotus Elise Sport and Touring Package - Weekend Warrior
2015 NX200T F-Sport - DD and Winter Beater
2006 Hummer H3 - The wife's

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like a bad experience. I don't have enough patience for people like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in