Deroure alternatives? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kfennell
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Varun916's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 321
Deroure alternatives?

So Deroure's ordering system has been down for the past couple of days and I have a couple of parts(mainly a hub bearing) I need to order. Is there an alternative that'll get me a part as fast as they can normally? Should I call my local dealer, or will they take months? Speed is somewhat important here as I have my car apart right now.
Varun916 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:59 PM
Registered User
 
kfennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,992
Hub bearing you can get from monkey wrench, their QRP parts are good on the race car.

What else do you need?

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
kfennell is online now  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Varun916's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
Hub bearing you can get from monkey wrench, their QRP parts are good on the race car.

What else do you need?
Oh perfect, thanks for that! Looks like they're a little cheaper than the oem part too. The other part I'd looked into was an exige intercooler shroud, but it seemed very expensive OEM. I'm installing a boe rev 400 in my exige and want to put the front heat exchanger in my engine bay, connected to the roof scoop. The OEM intercooler is much larger, so it looked like I'd have to modify the shroud anyway... ideas?

Last edited by Varun916; 04-30-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Varun916 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:50 PM
Registered User
 
kfennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun916 View Post
Oh perfect, thanks for that! Looks like they're a little cheaper than the oem part too. The other part I'd looked into was an exige intercooler shroud, but it seemed very expensive OEM. I'm installing a boe rev 400 in my exige and want to put the front heat exchanger in my engine bay, connected to the roof scoop. The OEM intercooler is much larger, so it looked like I'd have to modify the shroud anyway... ideas?

Don't do that, no air goes through the shroud anyways, use their side mounted heat exchanger or mount in the front, if you don't want to lose AC there is even a bottom front mounting option. Any idea that uses the roof scoop will not be good.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
kfennell is online now  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Varun916's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
Don't do that, no air goes through the shroud anyways, use their side mounted heat exchanger or mount in the front, if you don't want to lose AC there is even a bottom front mounting option. Any idea that uses the roof scoop will not be good.
Interesting, did not know that! So the kit I am getting (this is part of a built engine swap with the rev 400, coming from an elise), has the BOE side heat exchanger already, as well as the small front-mount one. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of installing it up front, which was why I considered the engine bay. Not sure how much difference the second exchanger makes...maybe I should also have it pull from the side.
Varun916 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
kfennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun916 View Post
Interesting, did not know that! So the kit I am getting (this is part of a built engine swap with the rev 400, coming from an elise), has the BOE side heat exchanger already, as well as the small front-mount one. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of installing it up front, which was why I considered the engine bay. Not sure how much difference the second exchanger makes...maybe I should also have it pull from the side.
Realistically, if you aren't tracking the car in competition the side mount will be OK. your single pull horsepower will still be close, and in your environment you'll still have decent results. It's only a big deal in the heat on the track.
Varun916 likes this.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
kfennell is online now  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Varun916's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
Realistically, if you aren't tracking the car in competition the side mount will be OK. your single pull horsepower will still be close, and in your environment you'll still have decent results. It's only a big deal in the heat on the track.
Gotcha, think I'll go with that then. Thanks for all the tips!
Varun916 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:53 AM
Registered User
 
PeteB37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 224
Gator Motorsport: https://www.lotusparts.com/
PeteB37 is online now  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Varun916's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB37 View Post
Gator Motorsport: https://www.lotusparts.com/
Nice, thanks Pete!
Varun916 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone order a windshield from DeRoure? Keenstudent Maintenance and Repairs. 0 09-24-2016 09:55 PM
Deroure US Fedex shipping 94Mr2GR Lotus Evora 2 05-20-2016 01:03 PM
DeRoure's excellent service HKFEVER General Discussion (Lotus related) 0 05-25-2011 06:32 AM
R compound tire alternatives Eyelise Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes) 22 08-16-2004 05:27 AM
Elise Alternatives? Amahoser Lotus Elise 9 09-07-2003 08:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome