Does anyone have the Lotus emblem in pes file? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have the Lotus emblem in pes file?

This is a digitized file for embroidery. Anyone have it? I'd like to have some of my shirts embroidered with the emblem, but I need this file to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 AM

PES is a game, eps is a vectorial file format ...
10 seconds search in google gave me this :
Lotus logo vector eps Free vector for free download (about 9 files).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
PES is a game, eps is a vectorial file format ...
10 seconds search in google gave me this :
Lotus logo vector eps Free vector for free download (about 9 files).

The pes file extension designates a digitized file for embroidery machines, and shares nothing in common with an EPS file. All vector files must be digitized into 1 of 2 different file types to be used in embroidery.

Brother International - Home Sewing Machine and Embroidery Machine

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 09:04 AM

I make these by the hundreds for my wife... give me a minute and I can make one

edit: how large do you want it? Like on a knit shirt pocket? 2" across?

2006 Aspen White Elise
http://projectelise.com - blogging the Elise
Ongoing Elise & Exige Price Trend Spreadsheet (OPEN SHEET IN EXCEL! Google Docs butchers it and shows errors...)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 AM

ok here's what I did in a few minutes... I make no promises and it could turn out complete ****e... so try it on some test-fabric first. We've got a $400 5" by 7" Brother machine and it gets the job done on the simple things my wife monograms and appliques. It does large letters very well like names and such, but small areas it tends to lack at and lettering in satin-stitch it seems to want to glob up on... but that could just be my embroidery files. I use some cheap software called PE-Design to convert monogram files from one type to the other and to make quick digitizing of photoshop/illustrator designs into PES files.

I'd love to have some industry-standard software, but I can't see spending over a grand on software for not even a home-business but more of a hobby for my wife and I. I'd rather spend a grand on a nicer machine that won't spend as much time in the shop.

That said, here's a 4"x4" PES file. Your machine should be able to shrink it down, but I'm not sure what that'll do to the threadcount and spacing and all that jazz. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to doing quality embroidery work... it's just something I self-taught myself when I got the software. If it looks like garbage when you shrink it on your machine let me know and I'll try making a smaller 2" by 2"... the auto-digitizer threw a fit at the small negative spaces in the top of the logo when I tried making it 2" by 2".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9caszozdr...Lotus.pes?dl=0

2006 Aspen White Elise
Ongoing Elise & Exige Price Trend Spreadsheet (OPEN SHEET IN EXCEL! Google Docs butchers it and shows errors...)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post

The pes file extension designates a digitized file for embroidery machines, and shares nothing in common with an EPS file. All vector files must be digitized into 1 of 2 different file types to be used in embroidery.

Brother International - Home Sewing Machine and Embroidery Machine
It's going to be difficult to find a digitized version, usually they charge $75 minimum for digitizing, good luck!

"I take life one pixel at a time"-RENDERMAN
Adobe Photoshop CC and Autodesk Maya Certified Instructor
WILL.I.AM
My work:
http://www.wilsart.com/
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbronco View Post
ok here's what I did in a few minutes... I make no promises and it could turn out complete ****e... so try it on some test-fabric first. We've got a $400 5" by 7" Brother machine and it gets the job done on the simple things my wife monograms and appliques. It does large letters very well like names and such, but small areas it tends to lack at and lettering in satin-stitch it seems to want to glob up on... but that could just be my embroidery files. I use some cheap software called PE-Design to convert monogram files from one type to the other and to make quick digitizing of photoshop/illustrator designs into PES files.

I'd love to have some industry-standard software, but I can't see spending over a grand on software for not even a home-business but more of a hobby for my wife and I. I'd rather spend a grand on a nicer machine that won't spend as much time in the shop.

That said, here's a 4"x4" PES file. Your machine should be able to shrink it down, but I'm not sure what that'll do to the threadcount and spacing and all that jazz. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to doing quality embroidery work... it's just something I self-taught myself when I got the software. If it looks like garbage when you shrink it on your machine let me know and I'll try making a smaller 2" by 2"... the auto-digitizer threw a fit at the small negative spaces in the top of the logo when I tried making it 2" by 2".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9caszozdr...Lotus.pes?dl=0

Dude, you're the bomb!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM

well like I said - it could suck lol... just make sure to try it on some test fabric

I'm gonna see if I can get a trial of some nicer software and see how it works. I have a graphic design degree and am very well versed in Illustrator and Photoshop - and it pains me to use what basically amounts to the Microsoft Paint of embroidery software. Sure it's easy to use but it lacks the depth and tools I'm used to.

2006 Aspen White Elise
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 01:36 PM

I know this thread is old but can you do a lotus emblem for me too?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:39 PM
ksm

Bump again for a PES or DST embroidery file.

'05. Eyes up.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 AM
ksm

Found one that someone's selling. Like a patch style:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/5200587...roidery-design

'05. Eyes up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in