**Elise/Exige Uberpost READ THIS. Everything you need to know is in here** - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 06:46 PM

painting consol

i tried to open the painting your center consol on page one and the op will not let me.i get a screen saying that i dont have permision to view this thread or something like that.whats going on with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmt63 View Post
i tried to open the painting your center consol on page one and the op will not let me.i get a screen saying that i dont have permision to view this thread or something like that.whats going on with it?
there are a few of the links that are now dead. I believe it has to do with the fact this site used to be called elisetalk.com....now its lotustalk.com. But this is just an assumption

2005 Magnetic Blue Elise - "the Lotus" (original I know)
1999 Jeep Wrangler
2013 335 M sport.
If you dont GET it after you drive it, then you dont GET it - serpent
post #63 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
I also get the same message

i'll let RacyTracy know so she can look into it.

Studies show 100% of people die. Might as well have some fun.

"Comfort is for kids. I would want to make my passengers weep in fear" - Agent One

post #64 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Not the admin anymore

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
there are a few of the links that are now dead. I believe it has to do with the fact this site used to be called elisetalk.com....now its lotustalk.com. But this is just an assumption
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent View Post
I also get the same message

i'll let RacyTracy know so she can look into it.
I replaced that link. Any time you find a 'dead' link, feel free to PM me. I'll either delete it or try to find a suitable replacement. (Not related to name change)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
I am no longer the admin. If you need help, please contact a moderator or send a PM to 'Administrator'.
post #65 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:10 PM

how to paint your consol

racy tracy would you know where the link is for (how to paint your center consol)the one it tried yestersday did not work.thanks for your help.as well as the others that replied.

kevin
post #66 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:15 PM

it works now.

sorry racy tracy.i guess i should have tried it first before posting a reply.it works.thats great.
post #67 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Not the admin anymore

Garage
Quote:
sorry racy tracy.i guess i should have tried it first before posting a reply.it works.thats great.
No problem.....glad to help.

(I replaced the bad link with the one that is there now).

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
I am no longer the admin. If you need help, please contact a moderator or send a PM to 'Administrator'.
post #68 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 03:29 AM

It seems there are still issues regarding worn cam lobes, broken rocker arms, etc. Some of those folks are out of warranty. It would seem a major help if there were some 'HOW TO'S'...like...

1. How to remove your rocker cover in the 2ZZ.
2. How to remove your valve springs in the 2ZZ.
3. How to remove your rocker arms in the 2ZZ.
4. How to remove your cams in the 2ZZ.

These all seem doable for the home mechanic with proper instructions.

I thought this integra example is one of the best I've ever come across:

How To: Install Valvesprings and Valve Seals - Team Integra

Also noticed this ...

I know I will be pulling my valve cover before the warranty is out and maybe earlier if there is any clacking noise noted from the valvetrain. For technical instruction on removing the valve cover as well as working on the entire engine, you can view a PDF of the official Toyota Celica Shop Manual here: NewCelica.org - Complete 2000+ Toyota Celica Resource Once you are on the site, click on "Tech Info", then once the page opens click on "Manuals", and finally click on "Volume 2". The first section of Volume 2 contains the engine information and specifically the directions for removing and replacing the valve cover. Just make sure you are looking at the specific instructions for the 2ZZ engine. Both Celica engines are covered in this manual at the same time. Valve cover removal/replacement appears to be an easy procedure and it should also be very apparent if the 3rd cam lobe is worn with just a visual inspection.
post #69 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Not the admin anymore

Garage
Do It Yourself Corner Balance

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/...ustment-77759/

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
post #70 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 AM

Winter Storage

If not on jack stands pump the tyres over the normal pressures can help prevent flat spotting. Also good to move the car a couple inches every now and then.
If you are putting the car on stands, then remove the wheels and store flat.

If you have a steel based tank then best to fill up as above to prevent corrosion however if it's aluminimum then no need and easier to empty the tank to stop the fuel going bad.

You can spray the brakes with something like WD40 as this creates a film that helps prevent rust/corrosion. HOWEVER remember the first time you drive it the brakes will be pretty useless untill the film is removed by the braking action.

If you are covering the car make sure it's breathable and condensation can't get trapped underneath.

Check the antifreeze is all topped up and the right concentration.

If you are leaving in a locked garage then it's good to leave the windows down about half way to encourage airflow inside again to prevent any condensation. Also be usefulif there is a vent or air gap in the garage to get fresh air in. If you suspect any chance of damp then remove the carpets/mats and store indoors.

Lubricate the door locks (lock oil not wd40).

I would disconnect the battery (if you have got the radio codes) and store somewhere indoors where you know it won't freeze. No need for constant trickle charge as the shelf life of a battery is pretty long but an overnight maintainer charge every month wouldn't hurt. Put some vaseline on the terminals to protect them.

If you are feeling particulary pedantic then you can slacken the auxilary drive belts (anything other than the cam shaft belt) but I don't usually bother.

Oh, you can pull the wipers out to stop it getting affected by long term storage in the same position.

Lastly, I always find it useful to make a note of everything you've done and tape it to the steering wheel. That way when you come to take the car out of storage you're not going to get any surprises.

Last edited by RacyTracy; 11-05-2009 at 04:06 PM.
post #71 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 AM

Awesome thread!!! Thank you!!
post #72 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Brake pedal lateral adjustment

Awesome thread!

I'm looking to move the brake pedal a little closer to make heelntoe easier (size 8.5-9 & narrow shoes).
What size sheet metal screw/nut n bolt should I replace the rivet with?
(and what do you recommend removing the rivet with?)

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/p...ntoeing-22576/

2006 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise TC/LSD/Track/Sport/Touring - daily(ish) driver
2013 Focus ST - for those other days
1995 Mitsubishi Delica - exploration machine

2009 SCCA National Championship - 2nd CMod
2005 Canadian National Champion - CSP

Last edited by Yarko; 03-04-2010 at 09:46 PM.
post #73 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Probably Lurking

Thanks. I really have to find time to update it . . .

I'd recommend a nut/bolt, so it's easy to adjust if needed. I think I just drilled the rivet out. Use a small bit and go bigger until it's out if you're concerned about damaged the pedal.

-Shawn (2005 Elise) || New England Members of Lotus Ltd. (NEMOLL) - PM me to join local info list or NEMOLL || UberPost - Elise/Exige info: common problems/fixes, etc.
post #74 of 108 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM

bump

No condition is permanent (death may be the exception)
post #75 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Probably Lurking

I've started fixing links and making updates. I'm looking for new content or known problems with the thread.

I also found the inandout video but it's too big to post. Will have to work on that.

-Shawn (2005 Elise) || New England Members of Lotus Ltd. (NEMOLL) - PM me to join local info list or NEMOLL || UberPost - Elise/Exige info: common problems/fixes, etc.
post #76 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 AM

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, put this in so the misinformation will die: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129...t-trunk-90663/
post #77 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Probably Lurking

Done!

I made a bunch of other updates as well. Most of the inbox threads are filed into the main sections. I'll be fishing around for new content then checking links and resorting everything.

post #78 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Probably Lurking

I never posted that I added the link to the fuel line leak warning in the Things Owners Should Know section.

Many other updates as well.

post #79 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Probably Lurking

Found the getting in and out video and updated the link.

post #80 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Disingenuous Minion

This thread needs a bump. I lived by it before and after I bought my car, then completely forgot it was here. Lots of good stuff on offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in