Evora 400 or GT4 - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:58 PM

The Cayman GT4 is a great driver's car, thats for sure. I've been lucky to drive my friends many times around the mountain roads.
However the recalls & faults confirm they are not bullet proof - my friends GT4 clutch failed after about 10k (no track driving) - the OPC didn't argue about FOC replacement, as it wasn't the first they'd done. Clutches / gearboxes / strut towers, this isn't so minor !

But the new 718 GT4 will soon be launched, so why not see what's next & how that compares to Lotus - who will also launch a new sports car soon. Despite the marketeering, GT4s were made in volume, so dont believe the smoke from an OPC... Porsche make these cars to keep their factories busy, sell, make money just like anyone else

Arabian Elises R US
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:45 AM
Me!
6.94915254 lbs/hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKFEVER View Post
Say, changing the clutch
But replacing an Evora engine is much cheaper than a Porsche engine!

Regardless both are great choices and I don't think you could go wrong with either option... I just personally don't care for Porsche as a brand and find most of their car designs boring.

2007 Storm Titanium Exige S w/ sunvisor delete
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me! View Post
I just personally don't care for Porsche as a brand and find most of their car designs boring.
Yup, glorified beetles

S240 Exige S with BOE FW300 + over 40 mods

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKFEVER View Post
Yup, glorified beetles
My wife showed me a picture she did for a flyer that had a 911 on it. I asked her where she found it and she said she took a VW Bug and stretched it. Ruined my day and she won't let me forget it.

Later,
Eldon
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Lotus Sales

The 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 is a great mid-engine sports car, It does everything it is designed to do very well, and suspension is great on the track, like a GT3. The 2017-18 Evora 400 is also a great car and very well put together. The Evora 400 glides - It is has amazing suspension and driving dynamics on or off the track, it is an analog car and it likes to go fast.
It is an inspiring sportscar to drive, in the sense that after a good drive, the next day you're still thinking about driving it. As good as the GT4 is, it just doesn't deliver the same level of inspiration. Being that Cayman GT4's are pre-owned and not available new, I would compare it to a pre-owned Evora 400. The Evora will be less expensive, easier on maintenance costs than the GT4. The Evora 400's are hand built and I believe at numbers less than 500 total in the USA. They are more unique and exotic than the Cayman in my opinion.
If you are thinking New 2020 718 GT4 4.0 (it will be expensive) - then compare it to the new 2020 Evora GT (GT430 in the UK) Carbon Fiber body, 2,900 lbs, 422 hp and dead sexy. There will only be 148 built for the US market. Simply read about the GT430 in the UK and the reviews are glowing. Most US Lotus dealers are only getting 2 cars and a couple dealers are getting more. All 148 were already spec ordered, if you didn't pre-order one you don't get to configure one now. You have to choose from what each dealer ordered. Anyone who wants a GT4 should PM me. I know of four open cars. Range is $121k to $131k. Also PM me if you want a yellow Cayman GT4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in