Evora or Elise? - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:57 PM

First thought is that these are very different cars and not really comparable. But the truth is, just like when deciding which model Elise or Exige to choose (less so in the US as you didn't get the S1 and later S2/S3 Elises apparently) the biggest problem is that there are no bad choices to exclude! All the versions of the Elise are great. They're just different. Both Elise and Evora are great, better than anything else out there at what they do. They are Just different. So how do you choose? It is only personal preference.
I have an Elise. But I'd love an Evora! But not instead of my Elise...i would have to have both, and a V6 Exige, a 211, Elise S1, and if this pure fantasy i guess a 311 also, and why not a Type 130 while we're at it!
That's the problem with Loti. There are no bad choices. That makes making the 'right' choice very tough!
OP it's a fun thread so please update us with your choice when the time comes!
eliserider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERIB View Post
It is really easy driving an Elise for 2 hours. I did 8 hours and that ride was still one of the most fun in my life. And I have an 05, which has the hardest, least comfortable seats.
I have an '05 as well, and I think the type of driving really matters.

On twisty back roads, where you're working the pedals and G-forces are tossing you sideways, your butt is never in the same position. I've done that for 8 hours without a problem.

On the highways, where you just settle into 6th and cruise...particularly things like the Ohio Turnpike, which is pretty straight...I find that 1-2 hours is my limit there, and I get reminded to shift my butt around when my left foot starts going numb.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:45 PM

Yes, test drive or rent both cars for a day to figure out which one you like better. As for: can i drive an Elise for more than 2 hours or go on road trips..for me the answer is yes. I usually go on a long distance road trip with the Elise and my wife as a passenger, minimum once a year to several times a year. Long distance to me is about 3000-6000 miles roundtrip within 1-2 weeks. Never had a problem (knock on wood) and I would drive about 6-10 hours a day. With that car, its hard to even drone or doze off if you can find any mountain or valley roads to take. If you take a freeway..its possible to drone out, but because it doesnt have cruise control, you wont be droning too much. And with its small tank (right around 10 gallons max - that includes the emergency tank), you would have to find a gas station every 200-250 miles to be safe.
There is a lotus owner by the name of Leadfoot Linda who did a 8000-10,000 miles road trip that took her a month, but she practically took every mountain/curve road across the country..and she had a blast. If she can do it, we all can do it.
Good luck in finding your car.

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Where are you located?
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely leaning more towards the Elise/Exige. I like that its so different from anything else on the road, plus I have a Honda Accord thats my daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
Where are you located?
I'm located in Pennsylvania out by Philly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in