So the V2 plate came in today, this time thanks to Greg! It's looking much better than before(and the plastic itself is much nicer than the stuff I'd ordered online, so thanks for that Greg!), but I still need to make several adjustments, took some dremeling to get things shifting well. Also I discovered that the center tunnel's sides slope downward a bit, so I need to adjust the sides of the plate to mimic that slope to sit flush.
Reverse needs to be brought in, right now it hits the plate & jerks it out of position.
Been playing around with the mounting mechanism too. I initially thought clamps might be sufficient, but that's not going to work from the look of things, not nearly secure enough.
Also my carbon tunnel and my stock plastic tunnel have very different inner lips - the carbon is far more sloped where the factory clamp holds the leather boot in place. That makes it a bad mounting surface. Right now I'm thinking of making a ring that fits under the plate(will prob be plastic, as no one will ever see this), and having a threaded hole on the underside of the plate. The ring would secure via a couple of bolts and clamp the bottom of the tunnel opening to the plate... at least that's my current idea. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!
And lastly I know people wanted me to upload a video rowing through the gears - so I've got a short(crappy) one here - I was holding my phone with my left hand, so I apologize for the movement. Keep in mind this is still WIP, I need to make some gates a bit deeper. Overall I like the gate widths, but may open that up slightly if I need to for better cross-car compatibility. I tried to show rowing through gears via two ways people might use - going more diagonally from 2-3, 4-5, and shifting like an H pattern(which is how I naturally shift). Both ways work with this.