The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Got a chance to shoot my car with the Blue Angels.

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 ·
So I live in a pretty small town, about 40,000 people. We have a small air-port, and have our yearly air-show like anybody else. But I have a friend that works at the airport, and he suggested that I come early before the show this year and take some pix of our cars by the planes. I was like, um, sure, if you can get access. He spoke to his boss (the airport manager), and then to the Navy officer that oversees everything, and it was done.

First let me say that all of my photography is subject oriented, so I don't really stack powerful subjects together, you know, car+girl, Ferrari+Lamborghini, etc. So I was a bit out of my element, especially with planes. But I had a good time, and that's all that matters, right??

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pix.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I kind of liked #3 the best but it would have been awesome if you had a shot of your car straight on with the wings and tail just behind, kind of like your car was ready to fly! Nice shots!

#3 ·
The first shot looks like the Lotus should have a Follow Me sign on the roof. I looked at the second and thought, "One of these cars is similar to the airplane in technology and design philosophy. One is made of stamped steel."

I see you struggling with how to frame two very different things (size, shape, visual center) in one picture. Normal 'family portrait' rules on group composition don't really work, especially because you weren't allowed to 'pose' the airplanes arbitrarily. I don't know how much more you could have done with this sort of material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.