LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Lotus related) (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/)
-   -   Got a chance to shoot my car with the Blue Angels. (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/got-chance-shoot-my-car-blue-angels-469118/)

VisualEchos 05-20-2019 05:13 AM

Got a chance to shoot my car with the Blue Angels.

5 Attachment(s)
So I live in a pretty small town, about 40,000 people. We have a small air-port, and have our yearly air-show like anybody else. But I have a friend that works at the airport, and he suggested that I come early before the show this year and take some pix of our cars by the planes. I was like, um, sure, if you can get access. He spoke to his boss (the airport manager), and then to the Navy officer that oversees everything, and it was done.

First let me say that all of my photography is subject oriented, so I don't really stack powerful subjects together, you know, car+girl, Ferrari+Lamborghini, etc. So I was a bit out of my element, especially with planes. But I had a good time, and that's all that matters, right??

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pix.

RapidLotus 05-20-2019 05:19 AM

I kind of liked #3 the best but it would have been awesome if you had a shot of your car straight on with the wings and tail just behind, kind of like your car was ready to fly! Nice shots!

steelypip 05-20-2019 05:49 AM

The first shot looks like the Lotus should have a Follow Me sign on the roof. I looked at the second and thought, "One of these cars is similar to the airplane in technology and design philosophy. One is made of stamped steel."

I see you struggling with how to frame two very different things (size, shape, visual center) in one picture. Normal 'family portrait' rules on group composition don't really work, especially because you weren't allowed to 'pose' the airplanes arbitrarily. I don't know how much more you could have done with this sort of material.

Crazy05 05-20-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelypip (Post 5948832)
The first shot looks like the Lotus should have a Follow Me sign on the roof. I looked at the second and thought, "One of these cars is similar to the airplane in technology and design philosophy. One is made of stamped steel."

I see you struggling with how to frame two very different things (size, shape, visual center) in one picture. Normal 'family portrait' rules on group composition don't really work, especially because you weren't allowed to 'pose' the airplanes arbitrarily. I don't know how much more you could have done with this sort of material.

This definitely would be a challenge to position just right, overall a nice job.

Mr.C 05-20-2019 08:42 AM

Awesome opportunity and great shots, as always!

lotus72Eur 05-20-2019 11:58 AM

My plane is bigger than yours!

1 Attachment(s)
:bow: But not faster!

NoRawkus305 05-20-2019 12:05 PM

Sweet shots!!! Just the opportunity to take pics with planes is pretty awesome in my book. :bow::clap:

Europa TC 05-20-2019 12:12 PM

Outstanding!

EddieA 05-20-2019 03:05 PM

oldmansan 05-20-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieA (Post 5949016)

I saw my first Habu in Okinawa. It was moving. That one appears to be dead.

www.habu.org - What is a Habu?

San