Key Fob Resync - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Key Fob Resync

Having trouble resyncing after a FOB battery change. I believe you stand near the car, hold down both buttons (as I recall the light should blink) until the light goes out (about 10 seconds). Then let go of both and the light should go on, solid. Then hold down the large button for about one second. That should do it.

The issue is that when I hold down both buttons, the light just stays on, solid, for as long as I hold them. I tried letting go after different periods of time and the light then goes out. If I then push the large button, no sync (it is just like I had never held the two buttons together prior).

I can start the car if I have to using the "on/off ignition per my pin" but even with that, I can not sync the FOB because you still need to do the the first step "Press and hold both buttons on fob until FOB light stops flashing (about 10 seconds). "

I tried removing the battery in the FOB and putting it back in, no luck.

Thoughts?

Last edited by ckugel; 02-18-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:05 PM
German Reimport

There are great instructions from Sir Lotus posted here:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f32...ramming-70940/

I had to try several times last time I changed the battery and it eventually worked.

Use something like a tooth pick to remove the battery, not a metallic screw driver.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

I was definitely following the instructions, just couldn't get past the beginning where you hold both buttons, the light flashes, and goes out after about ten seconds. Mine stayed on solid, for as long as I held them.

That said, I removed the battery and put it back in, for the third or fourth time, and suddenly the light would flash, allowing me to move forward. The sync worked fine without having to resort to the PIN.

Not sure what happened. I know it was the correct side down because all along I could get a light, just not flashing, when holding down both buttons. So, the FOB was getting power.

Anyway....Lotus....

Oh, and thanks, Mr. C., for the quick reply to try to help!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:14 PM

The programming/syncing takes patience. You would think that by following the instructions it would be easy, but alsa, no.
You are probably doing it correctly, however the system is querky.
Keep trying.
Michael
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:54 PM

I also had trouble re-syncing my second key fob because I waited too long to replace the battery. The trick was to sync the fob right below the passenger front windshield. The closer the better;}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in