4Likes
  • 1 Post By GatorMS_Sales
  • 1 Post By Julian73
  • 1 Post By Europa TC
  • 1 Post By lotusquacious

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Kudos - Gator Motorsport

Just placed an order for several minor parts, for the Elise, with Gator Motorsport. After reading a number of positive experiences with Gator Motorsport I decided to give them a shot.

I spoke with Dino and I can only say it was an absolute pleasure speaking with him over the phone! They have earned my business for any future orders I decide to place!

I phoned and sent messages to LotusGarage (Tuesday) and MyLotusGarage (Monday) and I am still waiting on a reply...

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianE View Post
......I phoned and sent messages to LotusGarage (Tuesday) and MyLotusGarage (Monday) and I am still waiting on a reply...
Probably won't hear back from either of them (just a few of the threads).....

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93...-group-466536/

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f17...-group-466348/

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93...nymore-338842/

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...e-scam-449649/
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Lotus Technician

Dino is the best parts guy in the business!!!

T.J.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:18 PM

I recently used Gator as well, and they were superb. Lotus will NOT ship a part from the manufacturer's warehouse directly to an independent customer (me, for example) at any price. So when I needed a part not at any dealer within 1,000 miles of me, Lotus USA told me to call Gator Motorsport. Gator then had someone actually drive 25 miles from where they are to the mnfr's warehouse to get my part, and they (Gator) then shipped it to me themselves. This saved me at least 4 or 5 days by not having to go through Lotus USA's cumbersome, archaic & ineffective system of them shipping to a dealer and the dealer then shipping to me.

Absolutely great guys to work with.
PS: where did the name "Gator Motorsports" come from? The gators are down here with me and not up there!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Lotus Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa TC View Post
I recently used Gator as well, and they were superb. Lotus will NOT ship a part from the manufacturer's warehouse directly to an independent customer (me, for example) at any price. So when I needed a part not at any dealer within 1,000 miles of me, Lotus USA told me to call Gator Motorsport. Gator then had someone actually drive 25 miles from where they are to the mnfr's warehouse to get my part, and they (Gator) then shipped it to me themselves. This saved me at least 4 or 5 days by not having to go through Lotus USA's cumbersome, archaic & ineffective system of them shipping to a dealer and the dealer then shipping to me.

PS: where did the name "Gator Motorsports" come from? The gators are down here with me and not up there!
While i agree with all the good things you have to say about Gator, I think you may be confused. Gator is in Indianapolis, Lotus USA warehouse is in Plymouth Michigan. Auto Europe (Michigan Lotus dealer, and great group!!) is in Birmingham Michigan (approx 28 miles from Lotus USA). Could that be the source you used? I am sure if the Lotus warehouse was 25 miles from Dino at Gator he would have done the same though.

The reason for the name "Gator" is a good one, but i cannot remember all the specifics, so i wont try to retell it. Perhaps @GatorMS_Sales can chime in with the reason.

T.J.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

Heck @Twaszak! , I don't even know! I bet YK had alligator boots he wore with shorts all the time while in college and they became his lucky boots. LOL
Twaszak! likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa TC View Post
I recently used Gator as well, and they were superb. Lotus will NOT ship a part from the manufacturer's warehouse directly to an independent customer (me, for example) at any price. So when I needed a part not at any dealer within 1,000 miles of me, Lotus USA told me to call Gator Motorsport. Gator then had someone actually drive 25 miles from where they are to the mnfr's warehouse to get my part, and they (Gator) then shipped it to me themselves.

This saved me at least 4 or 5 days by not having to go through Lotus USA's cumbersome, archaic & ineffective system of them shipping to a dealer and the dealer then shipping to me.

Not to discredit Lotus USA, but what car manufacture do you know that takes orders and ships to a customer, the US franchise laws prevent this except in very very unusual circumstances. Only one I know of is the Mazda Motorsport Program, where as members with bona fide race results filed annually with them where we are able to order direct at similar to dealer cost, but then the parts come with no warranty.
Twaszak! likes this.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Not to discredit Lotus USA, but what car manufacture do you know that takes orders and ships to a customer, the US franchise laws prevent this except in very very unusual circumstances. Only one I know of is the Mazda Motorsport Program, where as members with bona fide race results filed annually with them where we are able to order direct at similar to dealer cost, but then the parts come with no warranty.
Here is what I have observed at dealers or been told by dealers:

1) There is a paucity of Lotus dealers in the US.
2) The Lotus dealers I have called (about 5) never have whatever part I inquire about. (Ex: wiper
motor, window regulator, etc)
3) At least 2 of the aforementioned dealers said Lotus only ships parts from US HQ to individual
dealers once per week.

The above is a recipe for disgruntled Lotus owners, as if you miss "shipping day", your part will not be shipped for another 6 days ... and that's to a dealer, who then has to log it in, reship it to me, etc. Then, what if it's the wrong part?? Another potential 9 or 10 days are shot. Why can I get parts for a 31 year old Ferrari via overnight shipping, yet for a relatively new Lotus Evora I must go through this cumbersome, archaic, dilatory system?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:33 PM

Back to Gator, however: Gator Motorsports saved me 7 or 8 days by driving somewhere to get the part & shipping it to me on the same day. My intended contribution to this thread was and remains to praise Gator and not gripe about the system, but since you asked ...
Twaszak! likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Loves to talk

Garage
It would be good business for Lotus to stock the parts required to keep the cars on the road. For us, for them. Hopefully somebody in position to act is planning to make parts availability a top priority. It makes all the difference in perception of the ownership experience.

It's nice to hear when service matches the reputation. I've always appreciated Gator's participation on the forum.
Europa TC likes this.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:27 AM

I recently picked up an Evora 400 from Gator. Brian was a pleasure to deal with. Simple and hassle-free car buying experience, and that's a rarity in the industry. Very cool shop also, plenty of exotics in their service bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in