Lotus Esprit GT1/2 - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Peter for that mistake, I have edited it right. Im in Norway. Can you take a closeup pic of the left rear NACA duct for me ? I will scan the pics I have tonight. I have one great race(warm-up lap) pic of the 21 car, but I have some pitlane of the 22 car, maybe one of the 21 car too. I have the 1996 offcial BPR book. Several pic's in them but the book is big, difficult to scan, but I'll try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Peter, I can see that pic's of your 21 car is coming up all over the net now. Found several great pics on a french web site. Rest of the pic's you can find here:

http://www.caradisiac.com/photos-art...ours-90178.htm
Attached Images

Last edited by EspritGT1; 11-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.
post #43 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Here is the last pic's I have from the Anderstorp race back in 1996. Warmup lap you see your 21 car. Under race you see the Mclarens bunching up behind the 22 car driven by Jan Lammers. Lammers was always fast in the starts, taking early leads with his 22 car, thanks to him and the Esprit, the F40 with Anders Olufson made a home victory at Anderstorp, Anders is of course from Sweden. Pitlane pic's was only of the 22 car.
Attached Images

post #44 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

One last pic
Attached Images

post #45 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Thumbs up

EspritGT1 It's so great to see those pictures. I'm a true hardcore fan of the Esprit GT1 cars looks and I do search for pictures of them all over the internet too. But I didn't know there was a 1996 BPR book. I will love to own one!

Peter, I'm so glad to find out you're the new proud owner of the legendary 21 car! I also see you're in Georgia and even though I'm in Florida I do drive through it few times every year (I own a vacation Log Cabin near Sugar Mountain). Peter it will be a dream come true and a true honor for me to be that close to the real car, so if it's okay with you, maybe one of these days I could stop by and check out your car in person?

JG

Last edited by myespritgt; 11-05-2013 at 08:27 PM.
post #46 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:57 PM

hi jg, Im in atlanta until the 7th of Dec and wont be back in the US until May of 2014 when it warms up a bit. i need to move closer to you down there in florida where the weather is warmer. The GT1 car is in the UK which is where im mostly based now so a little difficult to see it unless you are in the UK at some point. Car is near Gatwick airport south of London if you ever do make it there.

i will get a website together of all the images of the car, im collecting images all the time from people who either built the car or took images at races so i should have a good collection soon, i see a calander being produced at one point of the best shots

Likewise on the BPR book, i will do some digging to see who are the publishers. I also know the organizers of the BPR so i could always contact with them. There are 2 different TV broadcasts of the 1996 BPR series that i know of, one was for USA and the other for europe, i know the producer for the USA series and i have the first 3 races of the european series which were produced by greenlight TV of isle of man. Unfortunately they just returned the master betamax tapes back to the organizers of the BPR and i have been unable at this point to get copies of the tapes for all the races. Im on the case though so hope to get them at some point in the future.

Let me know if you are passing though atlanta before the 7th of Dec it would be good to meet for a beer etc.

thanks

Peter
post #47 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:00 PM

Hi Esprit GT1 many thanks for the andersthorp images, I have those saved now but if you get better resolution ones then please email them to me as that would be a great addition to the image bank that im creating.

I will get some decent shots for you of the rear left fender NACA duct when I get back. This naca duct was the additional cooler for the gearbox, the cooler was mounted in number plate area and there is an alloy cover that mounts to the engine bay side of the cooler. The naca duct and alloy cooler cover are then interconnected with flexible ducting. I have shot of the naca duct that will give you some clues though as included.

Do you need a naca duct ?

Can you tell me more about the official BPR book that you have, was this just the book of that weekends racing or is it one that covers all of the 1996 BPR series, im interested in trying to get copies of anything from this era that relate to the car so any leads would be most appreciated.
Attached Images

post #48 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Downes View Post
hi jg, Im in atlanta until the 7th of Dec and wont be back in the US until May of 2014 when it warms up a bit. i need to move closer to you down there in florida where the weather is warmer. The GT1 car is in the UK which is where im mostly based now so a little difficult to see it unless you are in the UK at some point. Car is near Gatwick airport south of London if you ever do make it there.

i will get a website together of all the images of the car, im collecting images all the time from people who either built the car or took images at races so i should have a good collection soon, i see a calander being produced at one point of the best shots

Likewise on the BPR book, i will do some digging to see who are the publishers. I also know the organizers of the BPR so i could always contact with them. There are 2 different TV broadcasts of the 1996 BPR series that i know of, one was for USA and the other for europe, i know the producer for the USA series and i have the first 3 races of the european series which were produced by greenlight TV of isle of man. Unfortunately they just returned the master betamax tapes back to the organizers of the BPR and i have been unable at this point to get copies of the tapes for all the races. Im on the case though so hope to get them at some point in the future.

Let me know if you are passing though atlanta before the 7th of Dec it would be good to meet for a beer etc.

thanks

Peter
Hi Peter. Yes it sure would have been nice for me to have made it to Atlanta before the 7th, but I was to busy with work. In fact I won't make it there until the 9th of January (skiing trip), but you have already gone back to UK...

I also have plans to make a summer trip, so I will stay in touch with you and perhaps when you return to the USA next summer we can sit down and watch some of those exciting races from 1996 and relive those memorable moments all over again. I will bring a bottle of Johnnie Walker!

Until then, cheers and happy holidays!

JG

Last edited by myespritgt; 01-02-2014 at 12:13 PM.
post #49 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Hi Peter

I have found the BPR yearbook for you here

1996]1996 GT Endurance Motor Racing Yearbook Teissedre Cotton Hardbound with DJ | eBay GT Endurance Motor Racing Yearbook Teissedre Cotton Hardbound with DJ | eBay[/url]

50$ And it s a great book.

I have looked for the negatives for the pic s, but I havent found them yet. I can send you the scanned pics. These are large files !!!
And Peter I need the NACA duct for the roof.
Attached Images

post #50 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 PM

I finally got down to get some images of the rear naca duct but images not great due to lack of light.

the top image is when the caught on fire nurburgring round. You can see the ducting leading to the rear gear box cooler cover
Attached Images

post #51 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 AM

Attached Images

post #52 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Wheels for sale
Attached Images

post #53 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 03:34 AM

How much?
post #54 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

I have sold them to a guy in Holland.
post #55 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Great wheels from Imagewheels !!!!

Great centerlock Wheels from imagewheels
Attached Images

post #56 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Radiator air outlet bonnet mould

Radiator air outlet bonnet mould soon finished !!! And another pic of the rear Wheel !!!
Attached Images

post #57 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 AM

Wow!!! I really like your new wheels. I think the red wheel lock-nut looks better than the blue ones.

JG
post #58 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Bauke is getting the 300Sport wheels

Bauke, Wheels packed up, ready for shipping to Holland !!!
Attached Images

post #59 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 AM

I thought you were in Holland. Aren't you?

JG
post #60 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

I'm in Norway JG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in