Lotus Pricing? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:21 AM

42K to 43K is what you should spend on that car...

2006 Chili Red / Touring / LSD / TC / Forged Wheels / Hard & Soft Top / Lifestyle Paint / Desnorkeled / Odyssey Battery / Sector 111 Extinguisher Bracket / Sector 111 LidBone / CF Splitter / CF Bits / Lotus Stage 2 / Pure X
C3 Corvette 383 TPI Stroker 6.3 liters of Torque / 2012 Evo X MR Pure Magic / 2006 Cayman S Remus Exhaust Desnorkeled / 2006 Cayenne S on 20's slotted and drilled rotors ceramic pads http://www.photobucket.com/mygarage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 AM

Ask for 40k and make them think you are absolutely prepared to buy if they give that to you. It's helpful to actually be prepared as well.

List the reasons stated in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post

1 They are (probably) paying for floor planning (meaning interest to the manufacturer) on 2 a car that is probably not extremely desirable given its mileage, despite being "new". Definitely not as desirable as a barely-touched new car, yet that's the price you're being offered at $48k, IMO.

3 With the new model year rolling in, the car is going to depreciate even faster because it will be a 2 year old car. 4 They have no choice but to clear it out for new inventory anyhow.

Do not want the car more than they want to sell it to you. Be prepared to walk out on it if they say no. They might let you go or they might try to work with you.

You have to have the mindset of, "I don't REALLY want or need this car, but if you're willing to give me a really good deal..."

Anyways, hope I helped.

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 AM

my brand new elise cost me less than 40 early this year.
stickered for about 47.
walk away.

'06 ELISE now with hidden talent and dual cigarette lighter sockets!

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 AM

Hammering on a demo is not bad, IMO. That's what it's there for. I would have never been so thrilled by the Elise had I not hammered on the demo car I tested. I remember that test drive.....it was insane!

In the case of Lotus, you gotta hammer it to know what you're actually in for, IMO.

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 AM

I don't think it's abuse. I think a car that's babied constantly when driven is more abused than a car that sees its peak power every now and then.

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix SRT View Post
If you continue to think that demos are really just like new cars, well great! Knock yourself out. And always buy demos at prices that are little off what you can get a new, non-demo for. The dealer has to sell 'em to someone.
Someone p*ssed in your Wheaties didn't they. Don't know where you get the idea that I think a demo is "just like [a] new car.." But Lotus and the dealers can certainly, legally, sell them as "new." Enjoy your rant. Demos are there to drive. It is the dealer's responsibility to assure that the Lotus is broken in properly, etc, or not. It is not the responsibility of the test driver/customer. If you were told "you can not drive this demo car over 5000rpm, no WOT, etc." you may be less likely to purchase the vehicle as you really haven't seen it perform, etc. And like BMW said above, that's what demos are for -- potential customers and MotorTrend/TopGear/etc to drive and see what they can do. Enjoy the rest of your day.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:41 AM

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...6&postcount=10
Quote:
Hey, at least the tasteless moron blacked out the headlights...no sense in actually being able to see where you're going at night. Oh, now I remember. The OEM headlights are so good that blocking 75% or so of the light isn't even noticeable.

Idiots who black out their headlights or taillights should have their driver's licenses revoked and their cars crushed. What possesses these people to so drastically reduce their ability to see and other driver's ability to see them? Oh, now I remember on that one, too...it looks cool. In a worthless teenager sort of way, anyway.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
I don't think it's abuse. I think a car that's babied constantly when driven is more abused than a car that sees its peak power every now and then.

Have you done what I described I experienced earlier in this very same car? Have you just thrown your transmission into 2nd gear at speeds above 60?

I'm telling you, this car somehow handled it as the RPM's just launched up but I would never do that to my car. I think the dealer thought I was impressed but I was just shocked. I don't know what the ECU says (if it hasn't been reset yet) but that should tell the tale of some of what this car has been through.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM

I've downshifted into the second cam before. I don't think it was quite that drastic.

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks everyone! I'm thinking of either getting the demo car for about $40k, or the brand new Chrome Orange '07 Elise (MSRP $51k) hopefully for $45k... I don't know if I'm being realistic here, but I thank ALL OF YOU for your advice, it's GREATLY appreciated!!!
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Demos are there to drive, all right. But, drive 'em like you would if you already owned it. In any event, like I said before, I certainly hope that every car you buy is test driven beforehand by someone you thinks just like you.
愚か
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 04:00 AM

Let us know what happens!!!

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:44 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in