Post your track videos here! - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Rod, I'm unable to view the video. Maybe it's just a Vimeo/iPhone thing. Could you post a youtube link?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 AM

LotusCC,
Sorry it took so long for me to respond. The Elise beat all the non-corvette contenders (camaros, mustangs, RX-8 track car, bmw 335i, etc). It beat about half of the corvettes. A fair number of the corvettes were trailered in. Most importantly, it was 6 seconds faster around the track than the local president of the corvette club. He works in the same building as me, and we smack talked for a couple weeks before the event. The track had more of an "open" vibe than a typical SCCA track; I was sure it would give him a significant advantage. The fastest times were runs optimized for speed, as versus hugging the cones. At the end of the day, the fastest drivers were those who had judicious control of their throttle, with many drivers losing time (due to partial spins) in the slalom. It was the classic challenge of agility versus raw power. (don't get me wrong, the new high end corvettes can corner quite well). In the final analysis, only drivers with much more experience than me ran faster times, the difference appeared to be more the driver than the car (no surprise there for most people who autocross). For the given experience level, the Lotus was a bit faster around the track.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.

Last edited by addertooth; 10-10-2012 at 05:54 AM.
post #63 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusCC View Post
Rod, I'm unable to view the video. Maybe it's just a Vimeo/iPhone thing. Could you post a youtube link?

i have tried to upload to youtube before, and it won't host anything over 10 mins or so... so, i started using viemo instead.

wouldn't surprise me if its an iphone issue though.

edit - just tried the link on my ipad, and it works...

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design

Last edited by fitfan; 10-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.

post #64 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM

post #65 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Here's one of mine from last week that I enjoyed driving a lot - chasing down a friend in a Ferrari F430. I had the unfair advantage this time, since I had slicks and he had street tires.
post #66 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Nice driving! [email protected]!t that Ferrari sounds good
post #67 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM

First time hitting 150 on track!

This was the 3rd lap of first session at road america last weekend, 42 degrees so tires took about 6 laps to get somewhat warm, so these were not my fastest lap times but I did get my fastest top speed.

I run a data system in the car and check everything post session to see what I can improve on and was surprised to see those numbers (150 mph @ 8025/5th gear). That was the last time of the day to hit 150 best I got was 146 multiple times.

My s240 has 228 whp if conditions are right...meaning cold weather.

post #68 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post
This was the 3rd lap of first session at road america last weekend, 42 degrees so tires took about 6 laps to get somewhat warm, so these were not my fastest lap times but I did get my fastest top speed.

I run a data system in the car and check everything post session to see what I can improve on and was surprised to see those numbers (150 mph @ 8025/5th gear). That was the last time of the day to hit 150 best I got was 146 multiple times.

My s240 has 228 whp if conditions are right...meaning cold weather.

Are you using the standard C64 gear/final ratios? By my calculations, 8100 rpm in 5th gear using standard size A048/R888 tires would be equivalent to ~140.1 mph.
post #69 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Lotus speedo reads 7 percent high, so 1.07 times 140 (actual) reads 149.8 on the speedo

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #70 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk919 View Post
Are you using the standard C64 gear/final ratios? By my calculations, 8100 rpm in 5th gear using standard size A048/R888 tires would be equivalent to ~140.1 mph.
Was waiting for someone to do that...to funny. I had 146.8 mph at 8500 with 225/40/17 A6's, so your figure sounds about right for that. Sometimes you need a little more..."data based" not speedo.
post #71 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Was waiting for someone to do that...to funny. I had 146.8 mph at 8500 with 225/40/17 A6's, so your figure sounds about right for that. Sometimes you need a little more..."data based" not speedo.
I don't have the "revolutions per mile" number for the A6s you listed, but I get essentially the same number for similar sized Hankooks.

I log both GPS speed and ECU calculated speed (Vehicle Speed Sensor, not the displayed speedo number)... and they agree closely with the calculated numbers.
post #72 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I don't have the "revolutions per mile" number for the A6s you listed, but I get essentially the same number for similar sized Hankooks.

I log both GPS speed and ECU calculated speed (Vehicle Speed Sensor, not the displayed speedo number)... and they agree closely with the calculated numbers.
Same here, best way to do it.

Last edited by spectre; 10-10-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Stupid iphone correct...
post #73 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Same here, best way to do it.
BTW, jealous that you've had your Lotus on the full course at Road America... I've raced the "abbreviated course" with Skip Barber...
post #74 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM

This was one of my better efforts... not perfect; but almost 2 seconds better than my best effort at Laguna Seca the year before...

post #75 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Andy,
Nice lap. The car really looks like it is falling out of the sky going through the corkscrew.
BTW, I left you props on the "shipping and parking car to NYC" thread. Lol. Very impressed with your Lotus Cup standings. I'm sure that was no easy feat. Also, your pm box is full.

Chris

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU
post #76 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
BTW, jealous that you've had your Lotus on the full course at Road America... I've raced the "abbreviated course" with Skip Barber...
It's very nice up there this time of year, absolutely beautiful and love the vibe in Elkhart. It's a tough track in my class for the Lotus. Z06 corvettes, 450hp mustangs, it's a hp and gearing track, they hit 165-175mph. My fastest lap on the full course was a 2:32 and I did everything flawless, all cars / passing worked out which never happens but with weather I never got close to that. I needed two second place finishes to win the great lakes region and ended up with 4th's. So I got 2nd place for the season in the great lakes region. There is always next year

One thing I don't like about RA is you can't really get into the curbing much because it will kill your car. Pro's do it and need to but I like my car in one piece.

Nice video above --^ btw. When I get a chance to render out some dashware videos I will post a few.

Last edited by spectre; 10-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
post #77 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusCC View Post
Andy,
Nice lap. The car really looks like it is falling out of the sky going through the corkscrew.
BTW, I left you props on the "shipping and parking car to NYC" thread. Lol. Very impressed with your Lotus Cup standings. I'm sure that was no easy feat. Also, your pm box is full.

Chris

Yes, saw that... thanks! I've made some room in the PM box...
post #78 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 12:21 PM

A few more...

Putnam Park-
First session of the day in TT became very messy with cars off, inconsistent flagging, people passing under double yellow, etc. and a car that hit the hay bails on front straight.

Anyway, as I was entering T-9, I saw a corner worker waving a yellow flag which indicates a hazard on the racing surface itself. Fantastic, as I saw the hay bails and easily avoided them. At this point, the start tower was displaying two static double yellows. I further take caution and start to move towards the center of the track (I’m not full throttle here but accelerating and roughly 90mph). As I am doing this, a safety vehicle enters the track right at the end of the guard rail (at crest of incline near start-finish) and starts straight but then cuts directly across the track. I slam on the brakes...swerve and miss the safety vehicle by less then inches.

There are so many issues with this sequence of events, no white flag with red cross to indicate ambulance or emergency vehicle on track, no indication from start finish tower to guide us out of the way, etc. Across the board, safety control dropped the ball. The commands from control were delayed, truck went before instructions were given, start finish struggled to get flags up and finally did after I passed the safety vehicle.

Here's the video.

Mid Ohio Pro Course-
My car is setup as an scca T2 car minus cage as I still street drive the car (cage is a must though) anyway, I ran a fast lap that beat the T2 record by over a second (1:38.4 and I ran a 1:37.4) at Mid Ohio.

In this lap, I had the side roof bracket cover fly off and land on the passenger side. For those that track your car please remove those as it could get stuck under throttle or brake peddle.

Anyway, here is my fast lap.

Last edited by spectre; 10-11-2012 at 12:28 PM.
post #79 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Putnam Park-
First session of the day in TT became very messy with cars off, inconsistent flagging, people passing under double yellow, etc. and a car that hit the hay bails on front straight.

Anyway, as I was entering T-9, I saw a corner worker waving a yellow flag which indicates a hazard on the racing surface itself. Fantastic, as I saw the hay bails and easily avoided them. At this point, the start tower was displaying two static double yellows. I further take caution and start to move towards the center of the track (I’m not full throttle here but accelerating and roughly 90mph). As I am doing this, a safety vehicle enters the track right at the end of the guard rail (at crest of incline near start-finish) and starts straight but then cuts directly across the track. I slam on the brakes...swerve and miss the safety vehicle by less then inches.

There are so many issues with this sequence of events, no white flag with red cross to indicate ambulance or emergency vehicle on track, no indication from start finish tower to guide us out of the way, etc. Across the board, safety control dropped the ball. The commands from control were delayed, truck went before instructions were given, start finish struggled to get flags up and finally did after I passed the safety vehicle.

Here's the video.

Mid Ohio Pro Course-
My car is setup as an scca T2 car minus cage as I still street drive the car (cage is a must though) anyway, I ran a fast lap that beat the T2 record by over a second (1:38.4 and I ran a 1:37.4) at Mid Ohio.

In this lap, I had the side roof bracket cover fly off and land on the passenger side. For those that track your car please remove those as it could get stuck under throttle or brake peddle.

Anyway, here is my fast lap.
HOLY COW!! Crazy stuff. Did you need industrial strength cleaner for that racing suit? ;-) As I'm reading your post I'm thinking "missed by inches, ......right!" , then I watched you and your car just miss being disintegrated! It would've been ugly if you were just 1 or 2 mph. faster or a couple of inches to the right. Very nice save.
Now I'll have to watch your other video once my sphincter relaxes.

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU

Last edited by LotusCC; 10-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.
post #80 of 1500 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM

I posted this for a couple reasons...when on track your looking at everything but I didn't expect this type of thing to happen. The people there for our safety miss communicated, didnt follow direction and it nearly killed me. Be on your toes out there!

What you don't see is the perfect slide I had around the truck but unfortunately my wife in the stands did and saw this unfold. I pulled the car in, got out, hugged my wife and sat down for few before making a complaint. I flat spotted a fresh set of A6's and never really regroup for the remainder of the weekend. I manage 2 - 3rd place finishes though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in