PPI Dealership Cost - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

PPI Dealership Cost

I'm looking to officially join the Lotus community and found one for sale that I am interested in.

I've searched around the forum a little bit and see ~$150-300 range for a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) at other Lotus dealerships that seem quite comprehensive (ecu dump, compression test etc.). I live in an area that has a local Lotus dealership so I contacted them about a PPI. We played phone tag but they left a voicemail quoting $650 and just said they keep it "all day". They didn't provide any specifics about what was included. Is there anything special that could/ should be done that would justify a $650 price tag? I'm not trying to be stingy and I know catching a major problem upfront can save thousands in the long run, but based on other posts it seems high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:35 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaweezy View Post
I'm looking to officially join the Lotus community and found one for sale that I am interested in.

I've searched around the forum a little bit and see ~$150-300 range for a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) at other Lotus dealerships that seem quite comprehensive (ecu dump, compression test etc.). I live in an area that has a local Lotus dealership so I contacted them about a PPI. We played phone tag but they left a voicemail quoting $650 and just said they keep it "all day". They didn't provide any specifics about what was included. Is there anything special that could/ should be done that would justify a $650 price tag? I'm not trying to be stingy and I know catching a major problem upfront can save thousands in the long run, but based on other posts it seems high.
Maybe you could provide just a tiny speck of information. Where you're at, what model, year, mileage of Lotus etc. Dealership in question (again location would help) so others might point you elsewhere, as it doesn't have to be a dealership, just a knowledgeable shop. Just a thought. I know where you're at, but others here don't.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Maybe you could provide just a tiny speck of information.
I guess that would be helpful! Sorry for the unintentionally vague first post. I'm looking at an early gen ('11) manual Evora w/ ~30k miles. Dealership outside of St. Louis, MO. Open to other local suggestions as well.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:06 AM
not your dad's puns

Call BOE, they're not too far from MO, and may have ideas for you.

https://www.boefab.com/pages/about

because racecar
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I found an independant shop that works on exotics. They have worked on Lotuses (Loti?) before and are familiar with Evoras. Thanks all for the input!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:43 PM

In case it helps, I just had a ppi done on an elise at an independent Euro specialty shop in Washington. Very thorough(took about 1.5-2 hours), sent me a lot of pics since I couldn’t be there, and charged me about 240 after tax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in