R3 floor mats? Anyone have them? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By steelypip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question R3 floor mats? Anyone have them?

Has anyone ordered mats from https://r3carmats.co.uk/ ? I would like to make sure they are legit before ordering...

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:03 AM
CMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoLotus View Post
Has anyone ordered mats from https://r3carmats.co.uk/ ? I would like to make sure they are legit before ordering...
and a second question. are there rubber mats out there?

Oh snap! I'm on fire!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:23 AM

Garage
You don't want rubber mats in an aluminum tub Lotus. It doesn't end well. From my Elise owner's manual:

"NOTICE: Use only correctly retained Lotus approved carpet
mats in the footwells. Floor coverings made from plastic or other
non-breathable materials may trap moisture and initiate surface
corrosion of the footwell floors. Any damage caused by the use
of incorrect mats will not be covered by your Limited Warranty."
CMP likes this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm not sure how we got so far off topic with rubber mats. The R3 mats are not rubber. Original question still out there, has anyone purchased from this vendor?

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:51 AM

I've used those dimpled "rubbertite" type mats for a couple of years, never noticed any issues. They're made of rubber or some kind of vinyl. l Think I bought them from Inokinetic/Sector 111.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaising View Post
I've used those dimpled "rubbertite" type mats for a couple of years, never noticed any issues. They're made of rubber or some kind of vinyl. l Think I bought them from Inokinetic/Sector 111.
I have the same ones in one of my Elise and have not noticed any damage either. I will have to admit I don't drive in the rain so moisture is probably not a real issue!

Central Florida
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:13 PM

They look really nice but the website is pretty sparse. Where do you put in what car you have on the order form?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good catch. Maybe "Vehicle Registration"? I have been talking with their marketing people on Facebook Messenger and they seemed to be with it but the more I look at it, I'm starting to wonder if you would ever get them. That is why I started this thread. I filled in the order form and submitted it and it took me RIGHT to Paypal without ever asking about what kind of car it was!

So I am guessing nobody ever ordered from them before...

Central Florida
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 05:12 AM

Let me know if you get them or if their marketing team is able to clarify.. they do look really nice for the price.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojitoman6 View Post
Let me know if you get them or if their marketing team is able to clarify.. they do look really nice for the price.
Maybe I will take a chance and order a set. It would not be a big chunk of change either way.

Central Florida
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaising View Post
Same here. I have had them in the car around 7-8yrs and have not had an issue.....and I live in the Seattle area. I had noticed that warning too (after the fact) but the aluminium is still spotless from corrosion after all this time.

Those mats that Inferno is referring to do look nice tho! Let us know if you proceed and how they work out.

2005 Elise- Katana II S/C with other fun bits
2011 Evora NA - Daily Driver
2014 Acura MDX aka The Family Wagon
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:35 PM

Did you ever buy these inferno?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
No, not yet. I've been super busy since the shutdown ended. Maybe if we go out on furlough again on the 15th....

Central Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in