it's 2018. whats the best battery to get for the elise? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
Good to know, do you have the 36aH?
I have this one:

Amazon's website says 18aH in the description but the Shorai website says 36aH for the same product number.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 AM

Has anyone used an Antigravity battery in their Lotus? I can get those in a couple of days, but the Shorai is going to be 4-6 weeks from the dealers I've contacted.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 02:15 PM

yeah I'm loosing my settings after a drive... so I'm thinking a battery replacement is imminent... Anybody with anti-gravity batteries in their lotus?? wondering as well..

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:57 PM

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:08 PM
los

my exige only gets driven once in awhile (store in a separate storage place away from my condo). anyways, I have tried many of the above options. For me, it was either coming back to a dead battery or use the cut off switch every time when I dont drive for 5+ days.

since, I have switched to a bigger costco battery (i know sacrilegious) and so far my car never died once even if I dont drive it for more than 3+week. (I dont track my car and more weight wasnt a huge issue for me vs dead battery and not able to drive my car adhoc)
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhiteLotus View Post
Has anyone used an Antigravity battery in their Lotus? I can get those in a couple of days, but the Shorai is going to be 4-6 weeks from the dealers I've contacted.
I ordered the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 from Amazon Monday night. It arrives Thursday. Forget your dealers.

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:26 AM
purveyor of lightness

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwehnes View Post
I ordered the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 from Amazon Monday night. It arrives Thursday. Forget your dealers.
It's truly an amazing battery - I have NEVER had to use the charger. Started right up after sitting for 26 days with the alarm LED just flashing away

d.a..v...i....d

David Thomas Stewart - [email protected]
2005 Midnight Silver Lotus Elise (www.darksol.com)
388hp (342whp) BOE RevX 1736lbs.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:06 AM

I have a Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 on the way. I had read that they struggle when cold and some people add a super capacitor. Or crank a few times until it warms up.

Is it really a problem or is it only in super cold weather and in that case I could just leave the lights on for a bit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in