Talk about the orphaned stepchild>>> - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Talk about the orphaned stepchild>>>

On Sunday there was a open all car classic show in Northern Virginia..really a big event held for MD fund raising... well I had a choice of the C6 or the Elise. Ellen and I decided for the Elise since the Vette had been in several concours (and had taken 1st or Best in Show) so the Elise would get some exposure. Well I arrived early and I watched the other cars coming in and called Ellen "Think we decided on the wrong car...this is a major American Iron show.." Anyway we did very well drawing people over...surrounded by every thing big block 60's 70's etc... no we did not win anything (that became an obvious conclusion ), but was fun to show the Elise flag...there was two Elises actually and we were definitely the lost children in the program. It was fun but the crowd lookin for the 440 Magnums and 427 whatever were not impressed with the Elise... "Gotta a what? 4 cylinder?? Hmmm..." type of stuff.

Well... anyway the one pic worth note was this>>>

Formerly MichaelTT

Last edited by YELOTUS; 09-06-2005 at 01:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:17 PM
-

With a quikfix post process step:
Attached Images

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:21 PM

wo I actually thought you had the soft-top on in the first pic lol

-Seb

-Seb

2005 Lotus Elise LSS - Chrome Orange - Fully Loaded(LSS, Touring, Hard Top) - Not Stock
1994 Toyota Supra TT - Rennaissance Red - Mod list is too long - 1300+hp
2007 Mini Cooper S - Chili Red - Beater/Family Mobile

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBM
wo I actually thought you had the soft-top on in the first pic lol

-Seb

Same here!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELOTUS
Well I arrived early and I watched the other cars coming in and called Ellen "Think we decided on the wrong car...this is a major American Iron show.."
Yup. Next year we take the C6.

2005 SY Lotus Elise (Touring/Hardtop)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=YELOTUS]On Sunday there was a open all car classic show in Northern Virginia..really a big event held for MD fund raising... well I had a choice of the C6 or the Elise. Ellen and I decided for the Elise since the Vette had been in several concours (and had taken 1st or Best in Show) so the Elise would get some exposure. Well I arrived early and I watched the other cars coming in and called Ellen "Think we decided on the wrong car...this is a major American Iron show.." Anyway we did very well drawing people over...surrounded by every thing big block 60's 70's etc... no we did not win anything (that became an obvious conclusion ), but was fun to show the Elise flag...there was two Elises actually and we were definitely the lost children in the program. It was fun but the crowd lookin for the 440 Magnums and 427 whatever were not impressed with the Elise... "Gotta a what? 4 cylinder?? Hmmm..." type of stuff.>>>

What do those folks know about real speed anyway? They can only go fast in a straight line!

2007 Exige S - Krypton Green - VF Stage 2 - RLS Intercooler - Volk TE37s - B&M Shifter - 2bular header & exhaust - Sector111 motorsport engine mounts - stripes - harnesses - Pagid pads - Green air filter
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=MickOpalak]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELOTUS
What do those folks know about real speed anyway? They can only go fast in a straight line!
To this, they would simply say "If you can turn, you're not going fast enough. What do you know about real speed anyway? You can only get ahead of my car when there are curves".

Not saying anyone's wrong, but I think it's shortsighted to condemn a group of enthusiasts for what they like. Hey, some like their cars big, some like them small, but in the end, we're all car enthusiasts.

- kyung

Last edited by kertong; 09-06-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in