Wek120's 2gr elige build thread - Page 10 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 186 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:53 AM

This thread is just full of win. Congrats on the swap. How's your idle doing now? What about that excessive cross-gate travel?

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!
Yeah still a bit here and there I need to fix such as the almost nonexistant AC blower, but anyway

The idle is still going too low, Im not entirely sure how to fix it really. Cold starting its fine, but once its warm it really drops down.

crossgate travel wise Ive just gotten accustomed to it. the new cables helped a bit but not a heck of a lot. with the new cables shiftings perfectly fine. my only complaint transmission wise is that the gearing is still really low (at 65 im over 3k rpms), so if I could do it all over again Id put the higher trans gears MWR offers in it. when I eventually get the time and extra cash to put the turbo in (borg warner turbo still sitting on the shelf) and build the engine I probably will do that while I have the engine out. likely do that this winter.
post #183 of 186 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Is the blower not working or just 'normal' Elise?

Have you removed the recirc panels?

I was wondering what AC compressor you used, and how it functions [at idle for instance]

post #184 of 186 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Its 'working' but its slowly gotten more and more pathetically worse to the point its now just a light breeze on high. Havent removed the recirc panels (doesnt that require removing the front and blower assembly anyways?)

I was thinking of using a bilge blower fan, but Ive heard theyre very noisy. would just have to find a quiet one or something.

I used the compressor straight off the avalon I got the 2gr from. works great excluding the idle dip (but thats a tuning thing)

Formerly Wes (RIP : ( ) -- Now Brendon
post #185 of 186 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:24 AM

The recirc panels in front of the driver and passengers feet are just a few pop rivets, 15 minutes total, do it

the fan is not undersized, in fact it is huge. The AC system is very 'lossy'. The worst part is the diverter assembly above the passengers knees. It seems to lose as much as half the air pumped out by the blower.

Look at my post, which adds to a bunch of work done by others:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f313...rework-348738/

One of the small things I did was permanently prop open the floor vent, which can be done with the nose on.
I notice you have a 'non standard' vent hose, make sure it is tight.

Of course it is possible that your blower is dying, or that the resistor assembly is getting fouled up. If you do end up getting into the heater assembly, do research all the things that are possible. My heat is hot in the winter and my AC has been tested comfortable in the high 90's, with 'essentially' stock components.

So the engine idle just drops too much with the AC on?

Interesting.

The only weak point on my AC is it stinks at low rpm. I have not gotten a lot of feedback from others about idle performance, probably because so many have AC that barely works at all. It is possible my compressor is weak, but I am thinking it might be the style.

The Elise/Exige has a scroll compressor, not sure why, it is a bit unusual. Could be it can stand high rpm, could be it was cheap.....
post #186 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

For anyone considering doing this swap, Im 2 years in and its still running great. So far the only thing Ive had problems with is the AC compressor (since I haven't figured out a rev-up solution.) and a leaking driveshaft seal. Otherwise the Swap is going strong and loads of fun.

If I could do it all over again I would, but I would not use the same display, its very small and non-dimable for night time.

Unfortunately, all of my lotus stuff (the Borg Warner turbo, the tuning support items, all of my forged internal parts) got washed away in hurricane Florence, so it looks like it'll be staying N/A.

Formerly Wes (RIP : ( ) -- Now Brendon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in