What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6]

Welcome to "What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got?" part 6. For those of you new to this thread this is the on place to put all the crazy, silly, funny, mean, cool, jealous and just down right stupid comments people make to us when we're out with our loves. This saves us from having hundreds of separate "He then asked who make Lotus" and "how much does it cost?"

So with that said have at it. Normal forum rules apply obviously - so within the confines of that whatcya got for us all??? Oh and for reference here are the previous five WISFMSCYEG thread

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

...enjoy...

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z

Last edited by rosscarlson; 10-07-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added in links to previous threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Asst. Helmet Tester

Garage
Hopefully that will make everyone feel the need to fill up the new one. This is my favorite thread!

"I think you should name her Pippa, because she's British and has a nice looking rear end."

An ALS Ice Bucket Challenge unlike the rest The ALS Association Golden West Chapter Presents The PanAmerica Crew IBC
The most recent big adventure in the fight against ALS SailingforALS.com
and don't forget the epic charity road trip ThePanAmerica.com
post #3 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:50 AM

Garage
My friend was debating buying 135i or 370z and after I joked about buying a lotus so we could "be buddies" and one of his friends went on about being a horrible car with crappy handling and high maintenance costs.

Lotus Elise '05 Graphite Grey; Miles: 41,xxx

post #4 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimgt View Post
That guy sounds AWESOME!
His talk slinky blonde sounds AWESOMER!!
post #5 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLDean View Post
At the car wash today, a Peruvian guy washing it goes: "Who makes this car?"

Me: "Lotus."
PG: "You mean McLaren makes it, it's the Lotus model by McLaren right?"
Me: "No, Lotus makes Lotus. Nothing to do with McLaren."
PG: "No, it's a McLaren. You're wrong."
Me: "I bought the car, I should know. Lotus, founded in the early 1950's. McLaren, totally different company, founded in the 1960's or 70's."
PG: "NO, it's a McLaren. Positive."

Me: "OK. It's a McLaren. Want to buy it? $100,000 discount. I'll sell it for $200,000."

He actually huddled with the other car wash guys for about 2 minutes, then said "Where it the McLaren dealership here?"

I paid and left. Idiots.

Hmmm,
This information will come in quite handy when it is time to sell my McClaren! These cars really do appreciate!
Dominick
post #6 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenRIT View Post
I got a few good ones on my trip to Shenandoah last weekend.

And as I was driving in an out of the campground there was this one little kid at another site who kept getting excited whenever I drove by ("that car's so cool!"). At one point I offered to get out and let him sit in it, but he got all shy and ran off.

Got some other random comments and thumbs up from other people at the grounds, it was fun.

Then on Sunday was the Rally through the Valley, which was a great, spirited time. After the drive we met for lunch. Apparently there had been some cops following us for a little bit, and one guy got pinched for a plate cover. He was telling us how the cop had apparently seen a blue Lotus (me) and red NSX "drag racing" each other, but neither of us were speeding so he didn't have a good reason to pull us over! Neither of us could remember any drag racing, so we just assumed it was when we passed each other on the highway and it just looked like drag racing because it was a Lotus and an NSX.
Yeah, I heard about that on the news.

05 Elise AR w/Katana II SOLD
99 M3 track and daily driven
06 Cayman S track-prepped
08 Sequoia winter/tow rig
06 RX400h
65 Covair Corsa

Post count low because I search first.
post #7 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 03:08 PM

After the same ride my wife and I went to an apple orchard. As we were leaving the parking lot I caught a glimpse of one of those super fast awesome RC cars and I said to my wife, "whoa look at that car!" And almost before the words left my mouth the kid running it said looking in our direction, "wow look at that car!"
post #8 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Somewhat scary incident: I was coming of a parking structure in Downtown LA 9:30pm after a nice date, and like most, I had to unbuckle and open the door to reach the card reader and paid. I pulled out past the arm/block and stopped to adjust my seat and buckle up when I hear a strange voice yelling across the street.

I look up and see a very tall homeless lady waving at me, she is skinny, wearing very dark loose clothing, with a huge gap in her front teeth. All of a sudden she runs full sprint towards me, somewhat frightened I let go of the seat belt and just went for first gear. She was almost at my window yelling about how I need to let her ride with me. Hastily, I put my foot down and propelled forward while yelling "Nooooooo!"

2006 Black Exige
Chimera R.B.S./ITB airfilter/Composite Worx
post #9 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimgt View Post
Somewhat scary incident: I was coming of a parking structure in Downtown LA 9:30pm after a nice date, and like most, I had to unbuckle and open the door to reach the card reader and paid. I pulled out past the arm/block and stopped to adjust my seat and buckle up when I hear a strange voice yelling across the street.

I look up and see a very tall homeless lady waving at me, she is skinny, wearing very dark loose clothing, with a huge gap in her front teeth. All of a sudden she runs full sprint towards me, somewhat frightened I let go of the seat belt and just went for first gear. She was almost at my window yelling about how I need to let her ride with me. Hastily, I put my foot down and propelled forward while yelling "Nooooooo!"
The Woman in Black. Your nightmare begins.
post #10 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:50 PM

That was a hilarious story! haha
post #11 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:34 PM

nooooooooooope

'06 Nightfall Blue Elise. She's named Elena.
"I know my car is a girl because I'm happy when I'm inside it."
post #12 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Garage
This today:

"... at first I thought it was a Lamborghini kit on a Fiero, but I turned while passing and saw the 'Lotus' on the bumper so I knew it was legit...."

ouch..

(83 Esprit)
post #13 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM

While I was autocrossing today I had a man come over and ask if his daughter could sit in my orange Exige, which I gladly allowed. She tells me she has a contest going on with her school friends to see who could get a picture of themselves sitting in the "coolest car" and she chose mine. Made my day since there were almost 200 other cars there she could've chosen.

'07 Lotus Exige S (chrome orange)
'04 Cadillac CTS-V (black)
post #14 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
While I was autocrossing today I had a man come over and ask if his daughter could sit in my orange Exige, which I gladly allowed. She tells me she has a contest going on with her school friends to see who could get a picture of themselves sitting in the "coolest car" and she chose mine. Made my day since there were almost 200 other cars there she could've chosen.
Bet she'll win that contest. We forget how unique these cars are because we get to see them in our garage and drive them all the time. My neighbors were doing a scavenger hunt and one item was to get a picture with a cool sports car. They asked to take a pic with my elise. Later I said to my wife, he's got an M3, lol, I would think that would count. Then ended up winning a tie on account of the pic with the elise. You gave that girl a story she'll always remember!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2009 Ardent Red Elise
post #15 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Back to the Future, again

Had a girl tell me she has no idea what my car is by name but will recognize it if she sees a picture.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #16 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM
glb

Received an online dating msg today. One sentence:

"Is that your midlife crisis car?"

Well, apparently my "midlife crisis" began when I was 17.

Plus, I'm too old to be in midlife.....
gbrecke likes this.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...cy-line-36631/
Safely Piercing Wires-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129...esting-106438/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101...-brakes-241138

Last edited by glb; 10-08-2013 at 08:00 AM.
post #17 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Very typical gas-up yesterday afternoon. Gorgeous day here, had the top off to run a few errands.

As I'm pulling up to the pump guys is waving at my like crazy, I realize as I get closer that this is because the pump I'm pulling up to is out of service. So I quickly flipped it around and parked at the pump he was using (other side) and he looked like his best friend had just showed up on Christmas morning - this huge grin appeared on his face as I got out of my car

Him: So how much does a car who's steering wheel comes off cost a fella? (driving old work trcu)
Me: Oh far less than you'd think
Him: Yeah yeah, you're just being modest. So one house worth or two?
Me: Oh no no no, you're thinking Ferrari money, this is far more affordable
Him: (now a little annoyed) Ok, you don't have to kid a kidder and if you don't want to say no worries
Me: No really, mine was $45k used and I've spent about that much upgrading it
Him: Oh, ok, so it's half a house. Or hell nicer than some! I knew it was worth as much as a house (he's very proud of himself now)
Him: So who makes that house yer rollin' around in?
Me: Lotus, it's a Lotus Exige
Him: So that's some kind of Lamborghini isn't it?
Me: Yup, sure is. Enjoy your day (I was already back in the car pulling away).

That continues my streak - not once in 3 years of ownership have I just filled it up with on one speaking to me. Don't get me wrong - I love that about it, made my day yesterday.

(Thanks to Adeo for starting the new thread, hope no one was mad at me for suggesting it, seemed the old one was just way too long....)

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #18 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM

Went to DMV to register and get my plates. The woman at the counter took my paperwork and asked me to have a seat.

A few minutes later she motioned for me to come to the counter.

"There's a mistake on this form."
"Sorry about that, what did I do wrong?"
"You listed the vehicle weight incorrectly"
I looked the form over.
"It looks okay to me..."
"No, right here" (she pointed to where I wrote 1984 lbs)
"That is correct"
"Huh?" (doubtful look on her face)
"Yes, that number is correct"
"What kind of car is this?"

A fitting way to kick off my ownership of an Elise. And she hadn't even seen it.
post #19 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 06:32 PM

My daily driver got tapped by some kid backing up in a parking lot earlier today, not much damage and nobody was hurt.
I called my insurance company to report the incident, after pulling up my information the agent instead of asking which car got hit pleaded "Please God tell me that he did not hit your Lotus", I replied that it was my Accord, he breathed a sigh of relief and then told me "Good, because if he had hit your Lotus I would've had to go and break his legs for damaging such a beautiful car!"

JBschigg likes this.
post #20 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM

Garage
Over the weekend, had the Esprit to fairly long day trips (San Jose to Sacramento - about 240 miles round trip on Saturday, and Santa Cruz - 90 miles round trip on Sunday). Lots of exposure on the road. Some of the classic encounters (funny and stupid)

1. Friday night on 101 N - a VW Jetta slows on the on ramp, pulls along side and waves a big 'OK' hand sign (FYI 2nd Jetta that did this in 6 months - not the same car - what is it about Jetta drivers that like Esprits?).
2. Saturday - At Sacramento ice cream store; when getting back in car, a guy about 150 ft away yells "Hey! What year is your Lotus?" - turns out his Dad had an 87 Esprit (he clearly knew it was a Lotus and not a Ferrari - too far away to read the badges)
3. Sunday - nearly slammed into by Lexus driver; frantically blowing horn before she finally realized the Esprit next to her was being forced off road. She barely moves out of the way; no apologetic looks/gesture at all. Of course, I'm screaming at her because of her incompetence so she has the DF look on her face.
4. Monday - today at work, two random employees going over my car at lunch; the woman thought it was a Lamborghini while the man thought it was a Delorean. They saw the Lotus badge on the rear; apparently never heard of Lotus.

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in