What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
This reminds me how lucky I am. My wife doesn't mind when I invite cute girls to sit in my car or take them for test drives. She is even OK with the photos I take. She has comments like "Wow that girl really accents your car".
+1












.... +1 again
derrek1280 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Moderator
 
sleekgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 3,607
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy582 View Post
I was being nothing but polite
Body language isn't about being polite:

From Wikipedia:
Body language refers to various forms of non-verbal communication, wherein a person may reveal clues as to some unspoken intention or feeling through their physical behaviour.


Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
sleekgt is offline  
post #43 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
Do I understand this correctly? If you have a $30,000 car you must pay an annual tax of $1,500 on it? If so, I'm shocked.
Yep. My employer has been after me for over a year to relocate to the main offices in VA, but I have four cars, and potentially a fifth on the way.

With the car tax on all four, plus the state income tax I don't pay in FL, I would be taking a massive - massive - hit to the bottom line by moving there. No thank you.

11 Exige Final Edition - The White Car
87 Ferrari 328 - The Red Car
08 Mazda MX5 - The Black Car
05 Ferrari 430 - The Loud Car
09 VW EOS - The Land Barge
2seatsonly is offline  
 
post #44 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2seatsonly View Post
Yep. My employer has been after me for over a year to relocate to the main offices in VA, but I have four cars, and potentially a fifth on the way.

With the car tax on all four, plus the state income tax I don't pay in FL, I would be taking a massive - massive - hit to the bottom line by moving there. No thank you.
I enjoy how you just talked about your cars as if they were kids
derrek1280 is offline  
post #45 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Registered User
 
philethier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by azesprit View Post
My daily driver got tapped by some kid backing up in a parking lot earlier today, not much damage and nobody was hurt.
I called my insurance company to report the incident, after pulling up my information the agent instead of asking which car got hit pleaded "Please God tell me that he did not hit your Lotus", I replied that it was my Accord, he breathed a sigh of relief and then told me "Good, because if he had hit your Lotus I would've had to go and break his legs for damaging such a beautiful car!"

Priceless!

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline  
post #46 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered User
 
philethier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldytow View Post
When I registered mine, I put the correct weight down, and when I got the title it had 3050 lbs on it... I guess they thought I wrote it incorrectly as well.
Is 3050 the Gross Vehicle Weight?

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline  
post #47 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered User
 
philethier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by LATech View Post
Yes, the Virgina car tax (annual) is crazy.

Since Lotus is not in the State's "car book", they base it upon MSRP with a small annual depreciation. The annual tax is 5% of the car's estimated value.
That would be like 1500 bucks on mine. That's way exorbitant. I paid 154.75 last year in Minnesota, which has a rep as a high-tax state.

License fees that high would be enough that I would have a modified old Miata instead. Heck, in Minnesota, you could get Collector plates on anything 20 years old and not have annual fees at all.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline  
post #48 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Registered User
 
philethier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy582 View Post
I was about three seconds from having my @ss beat by a jealous husband...

I was at the drag strip the other day with my friends and we were all parked in the paddock area watching cars run. I had a little boy, ten maybe, walked up to my elise with his mom and started freaking out. He starts telling his mom how fast and rare these cars are and what not, so i decided to go up and talk with them. I asked him if he liked the car and if he wanted to sit in it and take pictures. Before her son could even comprehend what I said the mother jumped in with "OMG I would love to!!!" And ran over to the drivers door. i let them sit in it and take pictures and everything. Made the kids day

Apparently the husband had been watching the whole time and decided that once she got into the car he'd had enough.... he came over to the car at a rather quick pace and stopped directly in between the me and her sitting in the car and told her it was time to go watch him race. He kept staring at me untill his son distracted him with the picture of him in it.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm 22 and she looked pretty good considering she had a ten year old son lol
This guy needs a serious attitude adjustment.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline  
post #49 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Registered User
 
philethier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,927
>This reminds me how lucky I am. My wife doesn't mind when I invite cute girls to sit in my car or take them for test drives.

OK, I can see that with mine.

>She is even OK with the photos I take.

OK.

>She has comments like "Wow that girl really accents your car".

No way is she going to go that far.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline  
post #50 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered User
 
Bainford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
This reminds me how lucky I am. My wife doesn't mind when I invite cute girls to sit in my car or take them for test drives. She is even OK with the photos I take. She has comments like "Wow that girl really accents your car".
My GF definitely wasn't OK with such things. She's a very hot 42 with the body of a girl half her age, and a very Lotus friendly 100 lbs, but vain as the day is long. These always seam to be the jealous types.

On a solo day ride in the Europa, I pulled into a scenic seaside area near a small marina to get out and stretch my legs. I walked along the shore a bit and on my return to the car I watched with amusement as two pretty 20something girls were taking pictures of each other at the helm of a small yacht moored at the dock. As I was getting into the car they ran up to me and in broken fringlish asked me if one could sit in the car while the other took her picture. Of course I obliged, and held the door for the blonde to get in. She spotted the driving gloves and put them on and made like she was racing while her brunette friend took pictures. Meanwhile I grabbed my own camera and took a picture of the amusing scene. It was all very innocent without even any flirting. I don't speak French and they could barely speak any English, so we couldn't even have a conversation. I told my GF of the incident and showed her the picture I took, thinking she would be amused as well. Nope. She was furious, absolutely lost her sh!t.

Several months later I told the GF I was going to go on a road trip to LOG 33 in New York. This was a big deal for me and I figured she would be happy for me. Nope. She lost her mind, claimed that since the incident with the girls she could never trust me when out in the Lotus, called the lotus a slut car, and said if I chose to go to LOG, she was leaving. Hhmmm... suddenly I had a decision to make. It took about half a second. As Niel Young said, "Better off down the road without that load".

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in its proportion.
- Sir Francis Bacon
Bainford is offline  
post #51 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 278
Change your plate to: Xsaidno
Sergeant is offline  
post #52 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Back to the Future, again
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LaLaLand
Posts: 6,098
I have heard of my Lotus car as something along those lines of attracting women of less than stellar repute.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
Notorious is offline  
post #53 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
Change your plate to: Xsaidno
haha that would be too perfect.
derrek1280 is offline  
post #54 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,534
Good one this weekend. A few of us got together for a drive. 7 Elise, 2 Exige, 1 McLaren Mp4.

Stopped mid route at one of those pumpking patch fun places to get some killer cider and apple donuts. Parked our cars all in a row and of course, it caused all manor of neckturning and picture taking.

As we were about to load up and dismount, a young kid - barely three years old - walks over with his grandparents (who were clearly of Russian/Eastern European descent - a bit hard to understand).

Anyhoo, kid is like the cutest kid on the planet and dude KNEW cars. He walks up to Jon's car and says 'thats a McLaren'!! Jon lets the kid sit in it and grandparents take a bunch of pics. He then turns to the Afex's Magnetic Blue Elise and granpa says 'what kid of car is that'? Kid says 'That's a Pagani'

Cute as hell, 'lil man!




SwingLo is offline  
post #55 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
He then turns to the Afex's Magnetic Blue Elise and granpa says 'what kid of car is that'? Kid says 'That's a Pagani'
To be followed by:

"And who makes Pagani?"

"Why, Lotus does. Lotus makes Pagani."

Too cute.

11 Exige Final Edition - The White Car
87 Ferrari 328 - The Red Car
08 Mazda MX5 - The Black Car
05 Ferrari 430 - The Loud Car
09 VW EOS - The Land Barge
2seatsonly is offline  
post #56 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered User
 
driftwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 1,973
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
He then turns to the Afex's Magnetic Blue Elise and granpa says 'what kid of car is that'? Kid says 'That's a Pagani'
in Kris's dreams!

haha

'05 ST Elise: DHP exhaust, Quantum Zero's, Forge MS radiator, s111 v3 eliminator, s111 DSbrace, ce28n, ic7 dash...
driftwood is offline  
post #57 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainford View Post
My GF definitely wasn't OK with such things. She's a very hot 42 with the body of a girl half her age, and a very Lotus friendly 100 lbs, but vain as the day is long. These always seam to be the jealous types.

On a solo day ride in the Europa, I pulled into a scenic seaside area near a small marina to get out and stretch my legs. I walked along the shore a bit and on my return to the car I watched with amusement as two pretty 20something girls were taking pictures of each other at the helm of a small yacht moored at the dock. As I was getting into the car they ran up to me and in broken fringlish asked me if one could sit in the car while the other took her picture. Of course I obliged, and held the door for the blonde to get in. She spotted the driving gloves and put them on and made like she was racing while her brunette friend took pictures. Meanwhile I grabbed my own camera and took a picture of the amusing scene. It was all very innocent without even any flirting. I don't speak French and they could barely speak any English, so we couldn't even have a conversation. I told my GF of the incident and showed her the picture I took, thinking she would be amused as well. Nope. She was furious, absolutely lost her sh!t.

Several months later I told the GF I was going to go on a road trip to LOG 33 in New York. This was a big deal for me and I figured she would be happy for me. Nope. She lost her mind, claimed that since the incident with the girls she could never trust me when out in the Lotus, called the lotus a slut car, and said if I chose to go to LOG, she was leaving. Hhmmm... suddenly I had a decision to make. It took about half a second. As Niel Young said, "Better off down the road without that load".
picture or it did not happen
lotus1day is offline  
post #58 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered User
 
Bainford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1day View Post
picture or it did not happen
Haha, I knew that was coming. One of the first things she did was go to my computer and delete the pics, then emptied the trash bin, so they're gone. I keep a journal of my lotus trips and experiences, and had wrote about this event. She went out the garage, found my journal, and scribbled all over the pages of the account and wrote a few sarcastic comments. Like I say, the bitch lost her ****.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in its proportion.
- Sir Francis Bacon
Bainford is offline  
post #59 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?
 
rosscarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainford View Post
Haha, I knew that was coming. One of the first things she did was go to my computer and delete the pics, then emptied the trash bin, so they're gone. I keep a journal of my lotus trips and experiences, and had wrote about this event. She went out the garage, found my journal, and scribbled all over the pages of the account and wrote a few sarcastic comments. Like I say, the bitch lost her ****.
I sincerely hope you then lost her - there is one thing I don't do and that's jealousy. If you don't trust me then we don't need to be together, period.

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
rosscarlson is offline  
post #60 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Registered User
 
David Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,791
My wife and I were down in North Carolina over the weekend.

The first three shots are of some teens/kids we met at a North Carolina gas station. They showed a lot of interest in the car so I gave them some seat time. Not only were they excited, so too were their parents who were smiling and clapping from a neighbouring car.

On the way back I noticed a nice vette on the highway. We exchanged thumbs up. A bit later we met at a gas station. Roma was a fun and excitable woman and in the few minutes we had together we were instant friends. We also each sat in each other's cars. Roma said "you must be tourists...you're way too friendly to be Americans".
Attached Images
         

2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
David Craig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome