What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
My wife and I were down in North Carolina over the weekend.
[snip] Roma said "you must be tourists...you're way too friendly to be Americans".
OUCH!

I'd like to view it as saying Canadians are HYPER-FRIENDLY folks, eh?

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 AM

Garage
Met a long-time friend for lunch yesterday:

SHE:"I didn't see your red hot car today" (in the restaurant parking lot)
ME: "I'm driving the Ford Focus because I had to drop off my wife at the airport this morning" (with luggage).
SHE:"I bet that sucks..."

Yes..yes it does

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #63 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Asst. Helmet Tester

Garage
Monday night, parking on the street by a friend's place in North Hollywood and just as I'm getting out of the car two guys go by in the other direction and yell, "Ya, you're special" in a very condescending tone.

Hmmm, maybe they're right?

"I think you should name her Pippa, because she's British and has a nice looking rear end."

An ALS Ice Bucket Challenge unlike the rest The ALS Association Golden West Chapter Presents The PanAmerica Crew IBC
The most recent big adventure in the fight against ALS SailingforALS.com
and don't forget the epic charity road trip ThePanAmerica.com

post #64 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 AM

A couple more from gas stations.

1) I pull in for gas and some one walking by says "Wow what a great car!". The lady in the next lane pumping gas into her Civic jokingly says "Thanks". The original person says "I meant the yellow sports car." She says "dang, I thought you meant my Civic". Very clever.

2) At another gas station a lady asked me, "Aren't you worried about that tiny car? It doesn't look safe." I said "Are you kidding me? This is a full blown racing car with a roll bar. It is virtually indestructible." She responded "Oh". It seems she believed me, LOL.

2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
post #65 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy582 View Post
I was about three seconds from having my @ss beat by a jealous husband...

I was at the drag strip the other day with my friends and we were all parked in the paddock area watching cars run. I had a little boy, ten maybe, walked up to my elise with his mom and started freaking out. He starts telling his mom how fast and rare these cars are and what not, so i decided to go up and talk with them. I asked him if he liked the car and if he wanted to sit in it and take pictures. Before her son could even comprehend what I said the mother jumped in with "OMG I would love to!!!" And ran over to the drivers door. i let them sit in it and take pictures and everything. Made the kids day

Apparently the husband had been watching the whole time and decided that once she got into the car he'd had enough.... he came over to the car at a rather quick pace and stopped directly in between the me and her sitting in the car and told her it was time to go watch him race. He kept staring at me untill his son distracted him with the picture of him in it.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm 22 and she looked pretty good considering she had a ten year old son lol
Insecure douchebag. Him, not you

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #66 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM

I dont experience these things anymore because the lotus is in for surgery. Its kinda nice. Then again i have way too much fun messing with people.

Built LS1 Turbo 350Z ** Built Viper SRT-10 ACR'd out ** SL500 low n slow daily
[email protected]
post #67 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Asst. Helmet Tester

Garage
Last night I was taking a workout class and during the class we had to partner up with someone. I ended up with this college age guy. After the class, I walk out to my car (first time I've driven the Evora to the gym) and the guy, his brother and their buddy are standing around the car talking about it. I walked up and they didn't believe it was mine until I popped the trunk.

Turns out the guy I was working out with is a big Lotus fan as his brother said he's been obsessed since he was 12 years old. They told me all the reasons the car is so great and he asked if I wanted to trade for his Mazda 2

"I think you should name her Pippa, because she's British and has a nice looking rear end."

An ALS Ice Bucket Challenge unlike the rest The ALS Association Golden West Chapter Presents The PanAmerica Crew IBC
The most recent big adventure in the fight against ALS SailingforALS.com
and don't forget the epic charity road trip ThePanAmerica.com
post #68 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:20 PM
ERP

Comment to me from a Gen 2 Viper owner at an open lapping day, "This Viper is stock and doesn't have that much horsepower, you need to lift on the straights so I can pass." This was me with my 280 hp Elise , is it opposite day?

This was during a cold day on a 1.1 mile track, 1/2 of which is a high speed oval. It was taking me a few laps to get heat into my R888. The Viper was on slicks and was actually catching me on the tight portion of the track while my tires were cold. But on the high speed straight/oval I would open a gap of 100-200 yards and hit a top speed of 115 mph. I would have been happy to let him pass if he was on my bumper.

2006 Chrome Orange Elise - 6.3 lbs/hp - MP-62 Supercharger, 3.2" Pulley, BOE Fast-Works Tune, Ported Head, MWR Stage 3 Cams, Penske Suspension, Cup Air Box, PPE Header with Catless Custom Twin Tip Exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, ACT Clutch, MWR Water Pump + Alternator Pulley, 1900 lbs
Saab Turbo X, 415hp, 532 tq
Tesla S P85D - Wife's daily driver

Last edited by ERP; 10-24-2013 at 01:30 PM.
post #69 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:05 PM

Bizarre!

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
post #70 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Garage
Filling up the Esprit at the local Chevron yesterday 10/23/13.
A silver Evo pulled up behind me as I finished tanking up.

As I got back in the car, I could see in my rear view mirror that the guy was video recording the car. At first, it seemed like he was taking a picture. But he was waiting for me to fire up the engine. He video recorded my entire departure - probably disappointed that he didn't hear a V12 wailing out of there

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #71 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Back to the Future, again

At Plastique's Victoria Gardens gathering, when we were talking to Plastique about the route to take for the canyon drive, an older gentlemen did not know my buddy and I drove the Nobles. He was next to Plastique and he told Plastique, "Hey, let those Nobles go first. They're way too fast. Let them tear up the canyons."

I drive like a grandma. No tearing up anything for me other than toilet paper.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #72 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 AM

I had a guy at a gas station ask me the typical "What kind of car is that?" I told him it was a Lotus Evora & he asks "How fast does it go?" I respond with "around 170mph," & he smirks & says "Well it's nice at least..." The he gets in his boring gray 350Z & leaves.

On another occasion a young valet (~23) asked the same "how fast" question. When I say around 170, he said "Oh, I thought it was fast." I replied with "Is 170 not fast enough for you?" All I got was a blank stare.

2013 Evora 6spd 2+0
1991 Lotus Elan Turbo

post #73 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman120 View Post
I had a guy at a gas station ask me the typical "What kind of car is that?" I told him it was a Lotus Evora & he asks "How fast does it go?" I respond with "around 170mph," & he smirks & says "Well it's nice at least..." The he gets in his boring gray 350Z & leaves.

On another occasion a young valet (~23) asked the same "how fast" question. When I say around 170, he said "Oh, I thought it was fast." I replied with "Is 170 not fast enough for you?" All I got was a blank stare.

In every sports car I've owned, I always get asked how fast I've driven it. I respond with "The speed limit is 75." The one time I told someone that I had driven my Porsche 150 on a track they said I was lying, so what does it matter?
post #74 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 AM

I tell them that over 80 I get to crying and want my teddy bear.
As an 81 YO, I get away with that.

'06 ELISE now with hidden talent and dual cigarette lighter sockets!
post #75 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman120 View Post
My canned response to the 'how fast' question is to dead pan 'It did the kessel run in 12 parsecs' and leave it at that.
post #76 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGreen View Post
My canned response to the 'how fast' question is to dead pan 'It did the kessel run in 12 parsecs' and leave it at that.
But I did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!
post #77 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGreen View Post
I always say 300mph. Haven't gotten challenged on it yet.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #78 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 02:03 PM

I usually say "depends how far down i push the pedal"

Built LS1 Turbo 350Z ** Built Viper SRT-10 ACR'd out ** SL500 low n slow daily
[email protected]
post #79 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 PM

Garage
Today - my 88 Esprit throttle cable broke in rush hour traffic 10/29/13 on the Trimble Avenue ramp on HWY 101. Immediately pulled over to mini shoulder in the middle.

There are TWO lanes (left and right) traveling at 40-50 MPH on either side of the disabled Esprit.

As I got out of the car, someone threw an apple at either me or the car at nearly 40 MPH (moving car on the RIGHT lane).

Luckily they missed, but WTF is THAT all about?

A guy's car breaks down, he gets out and in 15 seconds, you're throwing your apple at him at 40 MPH? That would have been a vicious hit to me or the car at that speed. Mental illness is far too common nowadays...

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'

Last edited by sleekgt; 10-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.
post #80 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

wow...an apple could kill in that scenario. Glad you escaped injury. I was commuting to work on that road back in 1980-84, i'm not sure drivers were any nicer back then. Cool pic though.

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in