What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 02:17 PM

There is a hell of a lot of pathology out in public these days. Just watch the local news almost anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Premium Member

Went to lunch with the PALS gang a couple of months ago after Cars & Coffee followed by indoor electric karting. After we finished lunch & beers.......er.......waters, we go out to the parking lot where this 8-10 year old kid is going absolutely ape-schit (btw, is ape schit hyphenated?). You could tell that this kid is a total car nut. Now anyone that truly knows me will tell you that I love dogs and not kids, but he was so endearing that I offered to take him for a spin around the block. He started BEGGING his mother to let him go. I could tell that she was very apprehensive so I told her to hold "this" as collateral. "This" being my federal law enforcement badge (don't ask, I'm deputized, it's top secret and really not as impressive as you think).

Anyway, I've got her kid and she's got my creds. Of course she'd be destroyed if anything happened to him but my ass would be grass if anything happened to my creds. I guess we were at the point where we realized that neither was going to f/)k with either of our "belongings" so off I go with her kid.

I RESPONSIBLY get on it off the traffic light and accelerate to 60-70 before turning around and heading back. This kid goes absolutely ape-schit! It was the funniest thing to witness. I mean he was literally losing his mind.

After we pull in he is thanking me profusely and his mother is chuckling at her kid. God, I thought I loved my car, but this kid was losing his mind over the Evora.... So we exchange valuables and off I go for my two hour drive home. Too funny.

For the record.....no, she wasn't really hot. Cause I know how some of you think.....you think like me!!!!

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)

Last edited by GuppyCaptain; 10-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.
post #83 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

that's really good. Nice job.

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/

post #84 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 05:27 PM
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGreen View Post
My canned response to the 'how fast' question is to dead pan 'It did the kessel run in 12 parsecs' and leave it at that.
Great answer - I might have to borrow that

Quote:
Originally Posted by <12parsecs View Post
But I did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!
How long have you been waiting to post that response
post #85 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Back to the Future, again

Isn't reliquinshing your federal creds and letting it out of your sight a violation in and of itself of some major policies?

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #86 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 AM

^nsa is watching

Built LS1 Turbo 350Z ** Built Viper SRT-10 ACR'd out ** SL500 low n slow daily
[email protected]
post #87 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Went to lunch with the PALS gang a couple of months ago after Cars & Coffee followed by indoor electric karting. After we finished lunch & beers.......er.......waters, we go out to the parking lot where this 8-10 year old kid is going absolutely ape-schit (btw, is ape schit hyphenated?). You could tell that this kid is a total car nut. Now anyone that truly knows me will tell you that I love dogs and not kids, but he was so endearing that I offered to take him for a spin around the block. He started BEGGING his mother to let him go. I could tell that she was very apprehensive so I told her to hold "this" as collateral. "This" being my federal law enforcement badge (don't ask, I'm deputized, it's top secret and really not as impressive as you think).

Anyway, I've got her kid and she's got my creds. Of course she'd be destroyed if anything happened to him but my ass would be grass if anything happened to my creds. I guess we were at the point where we realized that neither was going to f/)k with either of our "belongings" so off I go with her kid.

I RESPONSIBLY get on it off the traffic light and accelerate to 60-70 before turning around and heading back. This kid goes absolutely ape-schit! It was the funniest thing to witness. I mean he was literally losing his mind.

After we pull in he is thanking me profusely and his mother is chuckling at her kid. God, I thought I loved my car, but this kid was losing his mind over the Evora.... So we exchange valuables and off I go for my two hour drive home. Too funny.

For the record.....no, she wasn't really hot. Cause I know how some of you think.....you think like me!!!!
Well done! Every now and then I'm reminded of how special this car is when I see a kid hopping up and down with excitement.

2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
post #88 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 AM

Garage
Lol, gotta love Star Wars references. My rear....
Attached Images

-Clayton
2011 Evora S
2005 Wrangler - heavily modified
2002 GMC Yukon XL
post #89 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Isn't reliquinshing your federal creds and letting it out of your sight a violation in and of itself of some major policies?
Shhhhh.

I had her kid as ransom and she had my creds as ransom. Trust me, neither was going to fook with the other one. It was really a more friendly and humorous interaction than you're thinking. The kid was going to fall into deep depression if he didn't get a ride in the car, but I could tell that his mother was very reluctant to let him go with a complete stranger.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #90 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Shhhhh.

I had her kid as ransom and she had my creds as ransom. Trust me, neither was going to fook with the other one. It was really a more friendly and humorous interaction than you're thinking. The kid was going to fall into deep depression if he didn't get a ride in the car, but I could tell that his mother was very reluctant to let him go with a complete stranger.
I know how it is. I've given rides to kids who get all excited too.

No judgment here... you did what you felt was right at the time.

(Famous last words in LE)

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #91 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I know how it is. I've given rides to kids who get all excited too.

No judgment here... you did what you felt was right at the time.

(Famous last words in LE)
Yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down, don't worry. I had no concerns that she had any ties to "bad guys".

You had to be there. That kid was begging, BEGGING his mom to let him go after I offered.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #92 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABT View Post
Lol, gotta love Star Wars references. My rear....
Yeah..People sometimes ask what red matter is and when I tell them it is a substance derived from decalithium that when ignited creates a black hole they just kind of give me a blank stare.
Attached Images

post #93 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Kinda like that?

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #94 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Yeah..People sometimes ask what red matter is and when I tell them it is a substance derived from decalithium that when ignited creates a black hole they just kind of give me a blank stare.
that is one SWEET ride my friend. Jealous...

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
post #95 of 1093 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post

That's hawt.
post #96 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Had a fairly hot girl tell me zipping in and out of traffic at 120 mph in my car would make her "so wet"....in front of my wife, LOL. Luckily, I don't think my wife heard her.
post #97 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
Had a fairly hot girl tell me zipping in and out of traffic at 120 mph in my car would make her "so wet"....in front of my wife, LOL. Luckily, I don't think my wife heard her.
Then you secretly slipped her a business card....
post #98 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 02:41 PM

Stupid comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson View Post
Welcome to "What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got?" part 6. For those of you new to this thread this is the on place to put all the crazy, silly, funny, mean, cool, jealous and just down right stupid comments people make to us when we're out with our loves. This saves us from having hundreds of separate "He then asked who make Lotus" and "how much does it cost?"

So with that said have at it. Normal forum rules apply obviously - so within the confines of that whatcya got for us all??? Oh and for reference here are the previous five WISFMSCYEG thread

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

...enjoy...
I was showing my 1973 Lotus Europa T C Special at a local show here in South Texas,when a man said " It looks just like a GO CART" Well I came back with you got $ 25,000 for this go cart???. I do have the privileged of owning this great and very rare care here in the Rio Grande Valley as it is the only one down here according to all the car clubs here. It has taken a 1st place as Street Stock Division, with original paint!!! Thanks
post #99 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:03 PM

I cannot recall receiving anything too stupid or funny with any of the Lotus Esprits I have had other than some of my middle school students asking why, when looking at a photo of when I brought the Esprit for class to discuss where mechanical systems we were building in class would be found in a car, were those students looking into the trunk not realizing the engine was in the back. It was like they thought there was something creepy going on with the students just looking into the trunk. They were in middle school so they get a pass. Awww... just remembered... tons of students ask if it is the Back to the Future car.... I absolutely hate that.

When at a small local car show with my Ferrari 308 GTS, a group of us were chatting and a fella in the group very snidely asked to me, "So, do Ferraris only come in red?" and proceeded to ask a few other negative questions then transitioning into how awesome his Chevy Nova is. Speaking of Ferraris... I was driving in my white '83 Datsun 280ZX one day and a person drove up and said, "Hey, is that a Ferrari?".

Best stupid comment I ever received with any of the cars I owned: The wife and I took the '69 Triumph TR6 for a cruise and stopped at the auto parts store to get some oil. A guy, must have been about 20, if I remember correctly he actually worked there, strolled over as we were exiting the car, came up to us and said, " Hey, nice car. Is that a Mustang or something?" Yes... he was serious.... The wife and I still laugh about that one.
post #100 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Many years ago, before there was a Lotus dealer in Orlando, I was driving home from Tampa to Orlando, and I broke a hub on my Esprit. Had to flatbed it home, about 50 miles, at the cost of $150. I had towing insurance with State Farm, so I called my agent. He said the insurance only covered to the nearest garage. I told him that would be either Jacksonville or Miami, both about 250 miles away. He said he would be happy to pay the $150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in