What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - Page 7 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravencliff View Post
Sounds like she is
A: too large to fit the car and
B: only too happy to have you out of the way for a while..
"B" is quite likely correct!!

11 Exige Final Edition - The White Car
87 Ferrari 328 - The Red Car
08 Mazda MX5 - The Black Car
05 Ferrari 430 - The Loud Car
09 VW EOS - The Land Barge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Back to the Future, again

Never would drive my car to work for any purpose... just ain't happening.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #123 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 09:53 AM

>Smoked the rears and fish tailed down the road a bit with smoke pouring off the tires

You need better tires.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com

post #124 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post
>Smoked the rears and fish tailed down the road a bit with smoke pouring off the tires

You need better tires.
Oh totally, was on a set of R888s with about 40 or so heat cycles on them so they're pretty much dead anyway...

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #125 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Garage
RE: keyed Esprit

>Really hope it's not a jealous co-workers, are you an @sshole usually and do people not like you??

Nah - I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet ;-)
Seriously - I don't know of any issues with my immediate coworkers and they all love me :-)

>Any chance that it was not deliberate. Maybe some senior walking by using your car to steady themselves? Maybe a scratch from a purse or jewelry?

I thought about that on the front fender scratch (right where adjacent driver door would open), but the rear quarter panel 10 inch scratch is pretty deliberate looking. And I just filled up with gas the night before and clearly would have noticed that scratch before.

And the car is legally parked in one slot, the middle of the lot with all the other cars. You'd have to go to the car deliberately to scratch it.

Lastly, the lot has some pretty expensive BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Telsa cars - my red Esprit probably sticks out a bit more visually. If it were jealousy, plenty of targets in this lot.

>Never would drive my car to work for any purpose... just ain't happening.

"What the use of living if you can't feel alive" - scratch or no scratch, my Esprit is gonna get out there - too much fun to leave at home.

But I understand if someone wants to avoid this kind of BS - it does suck to realize there are demented people that have no regard for personal property.

I reported it to Security and curious to see if they have video feed - the loading dock area is a good place to monitor AND the Esprit is in full view of that area.
Parko likes this.

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'

Last edited by sleekgt; 11-08-2013 at 04:31 PM.
post #126 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM

Had an interesting question about my Elise this summer:

"Is that a go-kart?"
post #127 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Garage
When I got out of my Elise reaction of one person standing next to my car: "How on earth do you fit into that tiny little car? That is impossible". "Yeah it is impossible. That is why I just got out of it".
(note: I'm 192cm-6"3'1/2)

While having an officer check my papers, his remark: 'How did you lie about the weight (760kg-1675.51) on this paper?'

"is this a fast car?". "no, it isn't." add pause here... "I don't press the accelerator"
post #128 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Wow sleekgt that really sucks....and is the thing i worry now about the most....check this scenario out you guys....good times from jealous haters here in Missoula, MT.

So i park at our local mall here WAY FAR AWAY from anybody and in 15 minutes in and out of the mall with my wife we come back to this.

The first are pics of no one around at all with plenty of parking elsewhere.

The note really bothered me not because what they said but the fact that they stuck it under my windshield wiper which means they touched my car!
Attached Images

Montana=4th largest state in the union + approx 1 million total inhabitants= LOTS of open roads
post #129 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Addict

Garage
I grew up in Missoula, nice “mall”. I’d say the nice people there were kind enough to just let you know how to park in-between the lines and not vandalize your car. Sorry, but it’s a huge annoyance of mine when people fail to park between the lines. I feel this way even if you park in the last two spots of the parking lot where no one else would want to park.
post #130 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Garage
I agree about the parking. I mean i have gotten one note on my Elise stating, "If you **** like you park your never gunna get in. P.S. awesome car."

So, I have gotten better at parking Just park far away as possible or park in a corner and park in between the lines and you won't get any nasty notes from many haters. Trust me. By the way sick Lotus "LotusJP"

[FONT="Georgia"]05' Lotus Elise Storm Titanium

"I am going to finish what I have started"
"I don't want revenge, I want justice."
"You kill innocent people. Sometimes murder is justice."
post #131 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPawn View Post
Sorry, but itís a huge annoyance of mine when people fail to park between the lines. I feel this way even if you park in the last two spots of the parking lot where no one else would want to park.
I used to work security at a mall, and there was a 350Z driver who would ALWAYS park diagonally in his space... it would be out of the way, but on random days for seemingly no reason the lot would fill up and he'd end up with a pile of nasty notes. Even as a fellow enthusiast (though I hate 350s) I wanted to smack him

(I did push a Mustang back into her space with my Miata on a Black Friday once... she had lots of nasty notes too)
post #132 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusJP View Post
Wow sleekgt that really sucks....and is the thing i worry now about the most....check this scenario out you guys....good times from jealous haters here in Missoula, MT.

So i park at our local mall here WAY FAR AWAY from anybody and in 15 minutes in and out of the mall with my wife we come back to this.

The first are pics of no one around at all with plenty of parking elsewhere.

The note really bothered me not because what they said but the fact that they stuck it under my windshield wiper which means they touched my car!
If you park in just one space, even if it's out where nobody else is parking, you won't draw as much attention to your car and people won't be as likely to leave a note and touch it. If you WANT people to be drawn to touching, keying, etc. your car then keep parking like your photos show. I am not saying it's justified for someone to mess with your car. But, you obviously know how people act when you park like this. Save yourself a headache and avoid the risk/confrontation.

Jason

06' Fed Elise

My frame, rear subframe, steering rack, A-arms, front crash structure, suspension uprights, and fuel tank are stock.
post #133 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Its a no win situation when you park a nice vehicle period. First off our mall lot NEVER fills up....its Montana after all. There are like 4 lotus cars in this whole state so mine sticks out rrrreeeaaallly badly. Basically i have to park where i can see it because once you walk away its like a bug zapper and people are all over it. Its frustrating when u know most people dont care about others property. Ask qu1z of Difflow.....he used to live here.

thxs lotussg2057 that is actually good advice and thanks about my car, I appreciate that. You seem like someone who has gone thru this crap too.

Montana=4th largest state in the union + approx 1 million total inhabitants= LOTS of open roads
post #134 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Ya.......
Attached Images

2017 Evora 400 - Drop Dead RED
post #135 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastLotus View Post
Ya.......
They were so nice - chalk on pavement vs. carving it into paint on the hood.

They were gracious to give the driver a warning - and if the driver didn't realize that was a warning, well... :face palm

Disclaimer: even with double slot parking, I don't advocate scratching anyone's car. But you don't want to give any anti-social person a reason to do it (however crazy)

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #136 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM

I never park my Exige anywhere unless I can keep my eye on it at all times.

When I do have to park in a public place, I park way out in the boonies. I double park it too. If somebody has the nerve to write a note about somebody parking out in the boonies, then they are ignorant.
post #137 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 05:45 PM
2006 SportElise #9

Garage
Ah! Pictures of Missoula, MT. Now I'm homesick. I graduated high school in Missoula. Lived in Lolo though.

2006 Lotus Sport Elise: #9 of 50, Saffron Yellow w/ Storm Titanium stripes, K&N Air Filter, Pagid RS4-2 Blue, Nitron Doubles, Eibach Springs, Larini Sport Cat, Larini Sport Exhaust, Lotus GT4 Spoiler, Braille B2015, Xtender
2004 Chrysler Crossfire: Blaze Red Chrystal Pearlcoat
post #138 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 PM

So many Missoulians here! Haha!
post #139 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 PM

Thanks Glenn! Well said sir!

post #140 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Its a no win situation when you park a nice vehicle period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qu1Z View Post
I never park my Exige anywhere unless I can keep my eye on it at all times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Ah! Pictures of Missoula, MT. Now I'm homesick. I graduated high school in Missoula. Lived in Lolo though.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPawn View Post
I grew up in Missoula, nice “mall”. I’d say the nice people there were kind enough to just let you know how to park in-between the lines and not vandalize your car.
I visit Missoula a few times a year, my Grandma lives there and my Aunt and cousins are in Lolo. I would definitely not drive my Lotus to any parking lot of retail stores. While I was there I received 2 door dings in a single parking lot, it's basically 100% trucks and people who don't give a f&ck about nice cars. I don't see how you guys deal with that. Props to dealing with locals, seriously.

By the way, I'd actually like to meet you Lotus guys next time I'm out there. I'll PM you when I drive out there next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in