What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 6] - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 AM

Stopped at a convenience store while out tooling around one sunny afternoon.
Tow Hispanic guys pulled in and asked if they could take a picture of the car.
I said sure, no problem.
The camera man says to his buddy, "Stand close to it, like you own it!"
Not really stupid, but pretty funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
RBH

LOL good one

Do it once. Do it right.
post #163 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:15 AM

I was at Lowes yesterday, and a guy in a Mazdaspeed 3 pulls up next to me in the parking lot complimenting my Elise. He said he used to own an Exige, but sold it in 2011 because he had a kid. But respect to him for keeping it real with a MazdaSpeed. I thought it was interesting to randomly meet a former owner.

When I came back out, I saw a shopping cart right next to my car. I was worried at first she'd gotten run in to, but it was ok. My first thought was, "who sees an Elise and thinks, 'yes, a foot from this car is a good place for a shopping cart'?!" But I could have been totally oblivious to it when I parked. Either way, put your carts in the stalls, people!

'06 Nightfall Blue Elise. She's named Elena.
"I know my car is a girl because I'm happy when I'm inside it."

post #164 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:54 AM
He's on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenRIT View Post
When I came back out, I saw a shopping cart right next to my car. I was worried at first she'd gotten run in to, but it was ok. My first thought was, "who sees an Elise and thinks, 'yes, a foot from this car is a good place for a shopping cart'?!" But I could have been totally oblivious to it when I parked. Either way, put your carts in the stalls, people!
When I first got mine, I flew out to it and drove it home. Once during the trip we had to stop at walmart, and I parked out as far as I could but at this particular time the lot was reasonably full front to back. I parked in a single space with no cars immediately on any side. After I'd run in, me and my passenger were sitting in the car looking through the bags/getting ready to leave.

Then we see this woman with an empty shopping cart walking away from the store/toward us. At first I thought she was going to one of the cars near us, but eventually she got close enough it was clear she was coming AT us. My passenger waved, and we expected some kind of recognition, but she's still coming right at us.

When she got about a 1.5 cart lengths away I opened the door and got out. She snapped out of whatever gaze she was in, looked at me, stopped, then turned around and left the cart right where it was.

What happened? Was she so near sighted she couldn't see anything beyond ten feet in front of her? Was she in such a trance a movement was required to snap her out of her t-rex vision? Malicious walmart shopper who was going to push the cart INTO the car?

That was the last time I parked it in a lot that had shopping carts.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #165 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Once on a particularly blustery day in Rochester, I witnessed a shopping cart roll into the bumper on my Taurus at about 10 mph. Amazingly, I took no damage from it, barely even a scratch. At any rate, avoiding shopping carts like the plague seems like reasonable policy.

'06 Nightfall Blue Elise. She's named Elena.
"I know my car is a girl because I'm happy when I'm inside it."
post #166 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Well, in my DD, a rusted out 1994 Geo Prizm, I purposefully use my car as a stopper for shopping carts when I need to get something. Going to all the effort of slowing down the cart seems like a pain in the ass, so I figure I'll let the car do the work for me.

Besides, it can be fun to see all the rust chips that flake off.
post #167 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM

Garage
Bright yellow Corvette trying to catch the red Esprit in heavy traffic. I take the cloverleaf at about 8/10ths - upon seeing this, the Corvette cranks it up 9/10ths with matching acceleration (the squat was very pronounced), but he's still 150 feet away.

I exit the ramp at full legal speed and he still can't catch me - doesn't seem to know how to navigate traffic; weaving in and out of bad spots. When he finally pulls along side, he throws in neutral, revs loudly, and takes off.

He had the faster car, but his traffic judgement was a bit impaired. ;-)

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #168 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
I agree that taking two spots invites haters.

I always park far away. When possible I park in a spot that has a curb to one side and keep very close to the curb. That leaves lots of space on the other side to avoid door dings.
LIKE, this is exactly what I do, and hopefully no haters. I dislike people in a busy parking lot that don't take the time to repostion in the middle of the lines either.
KCZ likes this.

Cheers
2005 MB, Red interior, sport/tour packs, stage 2 exhaust
post #169 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenRIT View Post
You are assuming conscious thought on behalf of the individual. Many people are so in their own heads as they go about their day that they barely perceive the world around them.
post #170 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 07:02 AM
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonS View Post
You are assuming conscious thought on behalf of the individual. Many people are so in their own heads as they go about their day that they barely perceive the world around them.
Yes.

My dad had an expression that my friends and I like.

"Driving in a world of their own."

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...cy-line-36631/
Safely Piercing Wires-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129...esting-106438/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101...-brakes-241138
post #171 of 1093 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 AM

At a petrol station whilst in Raleigh of North Carolina, I had a close encounter of the fifth kind. 'Wat chew got on da dash? Wat chew got on da dash?'. From my experience with this thread, I knew it was asking how high the speedometer went or what its top speed was. As I didn't want to disappoint, but I wanted the conversation to be over quickly, I replied '180'. This must have pleased him, as he went dancing around the tarmac with a booming '180! 180! Man! 180!'.
post #172 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Fannin View Post
At a petrol station whilst in Raleigh of North Carolina, I had a close encounter of the fifth kind. 'Wat chew got on da dash? Wat chew got on da dash?'. From my experience with this thread, I knew it was asking how high the speedometer went or what its top speed was. As I didn't want to disappoint, but I wanted the conversation to be over quickly, I replied '180'. This must have pleased him, as he went dancing around the tarmac with a booming '180! 180! Man! 180!'.
Welcome to north cackalack...
post #173 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Garage
Last night, I was challenged by a late model Toyota Corolla S model (revving engine at the light in a dual left turn lane). Not sure if that falls under funny or stupid...

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #174 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 PM

Today I was asked "Is it real?" I wasn't sure how to answer so I just said yes.
KCZ and hly5 like this.
post #175 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyle View Post
There is only one response for that: "It's real and it's spectacular"
KCZ likes this.

2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
post #176 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekgt View Post
Last night, I was challenged by a late model Toyota Corolla S model (revving engine at the light in a dual left turn lane). Not sure if that falls under funny or stupid...
It's both.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #177 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 AM

I was driving the Evora home from work through a residential area yesterday, & pulled up next to a cop at a stop light. The light turns green & we proceed through the neighborhood toward the interstate. Not wanting to tempt fate, I was being more careful with my driving habits than normal & allowed the officer to stay ahead of me. Soon enough the officer deliberately slows down, & I'm thinking he's going to find a reason to pull me over...not that cops ever do that, of course.

Once we're even he motions me to roll my window down, so naturally I complied since he hadn't hit his lights or made an official on-camera stop yet. Once fully down he smiles & says "Wanna trade!?!?" We broke out laughing simultaneously, & shortly thereafter merged onto the interstate on ramp together. I'm pretty sure he was trying to prod me into running with him, since he took off rather quickly, but I wasn't going to entertain the invite. Had I obliged it probably would have been fun up until the point that I'd cruise by him & he'd decide to throw me in the pokey for the night. It was a nice bit of comic relief from the less than stellar day I had at work, so for that I'd like to say "Thanks Dallas PD!!!"

2013 Evora 6spd 2+0
1991 Lotus Elan Turbo

post #178 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 AM

At a gas station: "Does that have a V12 in it?".

Elise #2393 Bordeaux/Biscuit Interior/Touring and Sport Packs/HT/Sport ECU/GPan3/DSBrace/Quantum Black SA Dampers/Lowered, Corner Weighted/Radium Catch Can/HKS Special Edition Exhaust/New "3M" Starshield/WindowTinting. Purchased new 06/01/05.
First in Class 2008 Speed Ventures Lotus Challenge Series, my son as Driver.
post #179 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 AM

Yesterday while in a big box parking lot, where I had stopped to make a quick phone call and send an e-mail, a guy in a focus pulled up to me and asked what it was. I told him it was a Lotus. He looked at me, confused, and said "Is that like a Lamborghini?" to which I replied "It's a British car" Again, looking confused, he said "So like a Lamborghini" and I said "Yes"
post #180 of 1093 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyle View Post
I would have told him "No, it's a hologram."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in