What the hell... 1st Elise sold in US is on Ebay ??? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:48 AM

Chris - I wish you lots of happy track days riding your bike(s)...
Hopefully we will see you someday on exigetalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 10:21 AM

Ivan

Thanks guys.

I still plan to hang around, got too many good friends I've met here not to!
Chris

Chris
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 12:37 PM

On top of it all Chris, You never changed your avatar like so many others did after they got their Elise. Anyone who didn't already get the message that bikes came first with you is less likely to get the message even after you explained yourself.

Ah well. Think of this thread as just another lessen in our ongoing examination of human nature. No matter what you do or say, someone else will have an opinion contrary to your own and -- surprise! -- they will not be shy in sharing that opinion even though you never asked.

Oh, and another bonus. If you didn't have a well developed sense of humor before, I bet that you've now blossomed one beyond all your prior expectations.

Bike on with, er, elan...

__zoom, zoom...>>   >      >         &n bsp;   >        & nbsp;       &nb sp;    >

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 02:31 PM

Hi Chris, Thanks for all your imput to Elise Talk, I allways look foward to reading your posts.The next time I'm at L.C.U.S.A. for
training we can hit Wild Bill's for a pint.
All The Best, Don
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 02:37 PM

what kind of bike are you going to be racing?
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 PM

If Chris's VIN was 28.....who got 01 ?
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:01 PM

crash wall?

Storm Titanium, LSS, touring, hard top. my other car is a ...oh yeah i remember the other car...a spyder. no, wait. some dumb bitch ran a light and destroyed the spyder. now it is a 4 runner trail edition
club111 member. i tried to buy a lower spot and become member #13 but was spurned!

fun around every turn
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:54 PM

Ridge,
It was explained to me the first 6-8 were test cars. After that it just happened that my car was in port and I was located close to LCU and LOA and was first on the list (LOA had been #1 Esprit dealer in US for the previous year).

Aty,

Having only experience with Ducatis and a couple triumphs, I'm probably going to go to the dark side and go yamaha r1 or r6. An exc. bike. Plus the dealer is only about 5 miles from my house, my ducs, aprilias and trumpets all had two trip one way to the dealer.

Don,
You're on Wild Bills it is, might even be able to DRAG Dave Simkin out to the pub as well????

Chris

Chris
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:54 PM

Chris,

I'm sorry to hear of you sale but totally get it, esspecially since my accident. Before anyone says anything, yes i'm getting another so the flaming can end there. Anyway, You're a great guy and I hope you do stick around and stay somewhat involved. You could stay faithful to the Lotus family and get a Magusta, although the first ones to have imput from hethel are probably 3-4 years away.
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgemanron
#13 was in Symbolic's first shipment.. the SY one.

#06 was the red one FMVC had on their eBay auction.
#20 was their blue one.

#1 might be in the Hethel lobby?
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgemanron
don't you remember...all the dealers got demos first
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zvezdah1
I'm probably going to go to the dark side and go yamaha r1 or r6. An exc. bike.
The Yamaha R bikes are awesome, and they look killer! Another Elise owner out here rides an R6 I believe, and races (forget if he races the R6 or a different Yamaha set up for track). I almost got an R1 when I was riding, I rode one up in the mountains and it blew me away.

Also, isn't the Elise's Toyota engine designed by Yamaha? That's cool - staying in the family.

'05 Elise Bordeaux Red Pearl/Black, Touring, LSS, Hard Top
'06 Cayman S Black/Grey PASM, 19" wheels, Sport Pack

Gone but not forgotten:
'95 CBR600, '96 ZX7R, '97 TL1000S
'99 M Coupe Blue/Blue/Black
'02 Z06 Silver/Black Borla Stingers
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:12 PM

eBay bidder trying

Quote:
Originally posted by zcar222
There is no need to flame on Chris. Instead of questioning his enthusiasm as a lotus fan, why don't one of you step up and buy his car? He is selling a red elise with touring for a reserve of only 40k!

Sucks that you can't afford to keep your car chris
I was hoping once I gained some experience with my car I would catch you at some track days.

-Whit
For what it's worth, I'm bidding on Chris' car. I spoke with him this morning and he's a genuine nice guy.... gave me good advice about my options for buying new one here in New England, yep they are available at MSRP, just bring cash! Buying on eBay from Chris might save me $6K so it's worth considering.

James Ray
- 2012 Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby
- 1994 BMW 325is - #28 runs ITR in SCCA
- 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 09:54 PM

So what exactly is the complaint here?

That Chris got the first car? Where were the rest of you 6 years ago when he was pushing to get the car here?

That he is selling it because he can't afford it? Why don't you make him a paypal donation then, to help finance him?

That he has voiced a negative opinion about speculators? Do you honestly believe that he's trying to make a profit here? If and when the Elise becomes collectible, his is one of the most collectible of the bunch. If anyone stood to realize long-term gains on an Elise, it would be Chris. He's gaining nothing by selling.

Besides all that, how is it anyone's business what Chris can afford or chooses to do w/ his free time? I think he's shown good intentions in setting his reserve at MSRP (on the first car delivered, mind you).

As for Lotus' image in the US, Chris isn't doing as poorly for them than that ad agency they hired - and he's not charging them. I think overall, he's been a winning proposition for Lotus - proof that they put real people ahead of the mega-rich. The fact that he has to sell the car for financial reasons is proof of that.

post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 02:47 AM

just a car

It's just a car, a possession, what's the difference when he sells it, why, to whom, and for how much?

Easy to make too much of 'the first car delivered' issue...as either an icon or as something with more speculative value.

Question...anybody know who got the first M100 Elan, and do you suppose it's bringing anymore on resale than any of the other M100's?
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 04:18 AM

James, Chris' car is in excellent condition, you won't get any "surprises" once it is delivered.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 04:35 AM

Chris, please do hang around. Last July it was great talking with you on-line about our brand-spankin new Elises. It would be a big loss to Elisetalk if you left. Best of luck with the next endeaver in your life.

One thing that bums me out. I fully anticipate buying a 2nd Elise in a few years, and I was looking for one owned by someone like Chris-car always well-maintained and babied. Now there'll be one less of those out there, in all likihood.

Jer
2006 Elise
2014 RAM 3500 DIESEL 4 X 4
2013 Jeep wrangler
1996 Miata race car

Last edited by Surferjer; 01-01-2005 at 04:39 AM.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:15 AM

Someone should put the car in the upcoming 'last week in Jan.' Barrett- Jackson Auction. The 'expert' host is always talking about the history of a car adding to its value and by showing the car with photos on cardboard blowups
stating 'First Elise In U.S.', all it will take is for two maniacs to bid their asses off. The car will probably out-do the custom one Barrett-Jackson is going to auction off in the same show.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:25 AM

Ridge is right on. Chris-you should call them before your auction ends. You could still end it early and ship the car to B.J.

Jer
2006 Elise
2014 RAM 3500 DIESEL 4 X 4
2013 Jeep wrangler
1996 Miata race car
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 01:14 PM

shipping cost

Any one knows what is the estimate shipping cost for Elise from Georgia to Californa San Jose area?
Chris can you arrange the shipping, if I bid and win?
Roland Chen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in