Wheel stud kit - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Wheel stud kit

What is a good source for a wheel stud kit?

I bought a Ti set through a group buy from a *source*. Parts looked great. I installed with studs and when I went to put my LSS wheels on I noticed some of the studs were less than straight, I thought it was possibly an optical illusion so I proceeded. Then I went to install the lugs. In my opinion the lug hex was too big. My non impact socket barely fit within the lug pocket on the wheels. This meant that since the studs are now confirmed not straight, the socket rubbed the crap out of the lug pocket.
One of the nuts even galled on the stud and seized, with an impact I was able to back it out taking the whole stud out of the hub, but the pair is junk.

Will Ti nuts/studs, do this? Gall after time? Better to go with steel? If not, who sells a quality set? If so, what is a good set that should not rust.

Thanks!

2010 Lotus Exige S240
2001 BMW M5
2017 Ford Raptor
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (wife-mobile)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:52 AM
The Enforcer

BWR is what I'm using. ARP fasteners. https://www.blackwatchracing.com/Lot...its-p/1066.htm

If you're going with titanium, you need to use TiPrep or a similar product to prevent galling.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:59 AM

I use all BMW stuff, you want these ones here in whatever length is appropriate for your use.
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-T...Stud-92MM.html

They have a flat shoulder so it is clear when they are tight in the hub, and they have the easy to use bullet nose.

You use this tool to install and remove them

And you use these nuts which work with a 17mm socket which easily fits in LSS wheels and all tuner wheels.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-T...-M12-17mm.html

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in