When Will Lotus Accept More Orders? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

When Will Lotus Accept More Orders?

I know that you can go over options with your dealer at pretty much anytime. But when does Lotus actually accept new orders to be produced as cars? I get the sense that they do this in waves and then there is perhaps a 2 month gap from when they start making an Elise until it shows up at a dealer. Any more detail? Would this be called the second batch or something - I've noticed people referring to batches. Thanks.

Last edited by Stan; 08-11-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 11:45 AM

Dimmitt was supposed to be ordering the next batch yesterday. I haven't called to find out if they did though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 12:08 PM

Last (2nd) batch of orders went in early March. For most that covers 30 cars. With the lower production number to start should cover through Nov-Dec for most. My guess early next month before Lotus starts asking for the next batch.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

>>Last (2nd) batch of orders went in early March. For most that covers 30 cars. With the lower production number to start should cover through Nov-Dec for most. My guess early next month before Lotus starts asking for the next batch.<<

Okay then if I understand correctly, basically everything coming to the US this year (and maybe some spillover) has already been ordered and is in process so to speak. Any truly new orders would start to arrive early next year.

I've come across someone with a very low number but who has not yet ordered their car. Sounds like a first quarter car then.

I wonder when the new colors and options like the LSD, lightweight cars, interior revisions and so forth will be orderable. perhaps in the next order cycle ~ November / Decemeber...

Last edited by Stan; 08-11-2004 at 12:16 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 12:14 PM

i'd been told i would be called in july (mid 2nd 30) but given the rate of delivery later is better. now i may get to see lots of colors before i do the deed

Storm Titanium, LSS, touring, hard top. my other car is a ...oh yeah i remember the other car...a spyder. no, wait. some dumb bitch ran a light and destroyed the spyder. now it is a 4 runner trail edition
club111 member. i tried to buy a lower spot and become member #13 but was spurned!

fun around every turn
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 12:24 PM

Stan- first batch of 10 cars, order was placed in early Jan. the 2nd batch March, that was for 10 or 20 cars. That should cover production pretty much for the year with delivery to follow 1-2 months later. Dealer alloment plays a big role into what a low number vs delivery means. For example locally there are three dealers the smallest one is only getting 15 car per year, the larger more like 100.

When Lotus first announced the light weight package think it was for a Oct or Nov date. So a good chance the next batch can pick between that and maybe even LSD.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 05:13 PM

Valenti sent in 30 orders back in March and is now expecting 19 cars by year's end with the balance not expected until
'Jan-Feb', or 'Jan-Feb-March' I would assume. Have to believe that some big dealers should get upwards of 50 or 60 by end of Dec. but, if so, that second batch of 20 or 30 should be going in now......shouldn't it?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 05:26 PM

Lotus will issue "allocation" (a three month period with Porsche)it is then up to the dealer to order the cars(spec out) and use up
their allocated order positions. We have about four weeks from initial allocation to when the cars must be ordered, the orders can then be changed up to approx 4 weeks prior to build. Once the specific parts(options) are requested from the various suppliers the car has an estimated completion of manufacture date stamped on it and it becomes a locked order(no more changes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in