WTB: wheels 16/17 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By VisualEchos
  • 1 Post By Krazykevin
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Krazykevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Garage
WTB: wheels 16/17

I am looking for wheels for my elise. I want to stay with the 16/17 size and would like 7+ in the front and 8+ in the rear. I am not in a rush, so if you see this and it has been a while, go ahead and post anyway. Considering almost anything. Must be under 1000$.

Thanks!

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
Krazykevin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Registered User
 
kfennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,933
Buy some spacers and get some miata wheels. Under $1100 brand new. There aren't any setups like you are looking for really that are lotus specific I don't think?

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
kfennell is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:34 PM
Registered User
 
CRG53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 232
Both Gregsraceparts.com and Blackwatchracing.com sells wheels in that price range. I have a set of Rota Torque in 7” and 8”, had them on the car for a year including 4 track days, still like new.

Boe REV 300 Supercharger.
Boe DMC Ultimate header.
Boe Clam Hinge.
Boe Pro Alloy Radiator.
Boe TOC wet sump oil pan.
Boe Fuel surge tank.
Boe Oil catch can.
Boe HP fixed rotors with Ferodo DS 2500 pads.
BWR Larini Group B Muffler.
BWR Street/Track Anti roll bar.
Mocal rear mounted oil cooler with fans.
V2 steering arms,
Nitron Singles 425/550.
InoKinetic DS rear toe links.
CRG53 is online now  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Registered User
 
kfennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRG53 View Post
Both Gregsraceparts.com and Blackwatchracing.com sells wheels in that price range. I have a set of Rota Torque in 7 and 8, had them on the car for a year including 4 track days, still like new.
He is right, sorry I thought they were thinner, still more then Miata wheels though!

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
kfennell is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 AM
Registered User
 
VisualEchos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykevin View Post
I am looking for wheels for my elise. I want to stay with the 16/17 size and would like 7+ in the front and 8+ in the rear. I am not in a rush, so if you see this and it has been a while, go ahead and post anyway. Considering almost anything. Must be under 1000$.

Thanks!
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's. You could also get the XXR 530 with a 16" front. Both are available from GRP.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/wheels


VEP_6131
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Kidzvillage1 likes this.

2006 Exige
VisualEchos is online now  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Krazykevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's. You could also get the XXR 530 with a 16" front. Both are available from GRP.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/wheels


VEP_6131
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
I have seen you car around here a lot, and I'm starting to consider them as well. Can you tell me what all you needed ? (spacers,steering arms, etc..) I do have the exige front end, so I believe it has a little more clearance than the elise?

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
Krazykevin is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Krazykevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
I'd recommend ditching the 1985-spec 16" front and getting a nice 17/17 combo. The XXR 527 is very inexpensive, looks fantastic, is a decently strong wheel, and not much heavier than the OEM Y-Type's. Choosing a 205/40 front and 235/40 rear will put you very nearly stock OD ratio, and adding the steering arms to the front with some negative camber will make them tuck beautifully. So if it's street wheels you're after, it's hard to beat the XXR's.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Kidzvillage1 likes this.

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
Krazykevin is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:42 PM
Registered User
 
VisualEchos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykevin View Post
Thanks for the recommendation.
Looks fantastic bro.

2006 Exige
VisualEchos is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Parts Market > Parts Wanted

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Volk CD28N Wheels for Elise 15/16 NOT 16/17 apexdc Parts Wanted 0 10-19-2017 11:10 AM
Next CDC Autox SAT 7/16/16 and TNT SUN 7/17/16 Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD echan MidAtlantic Region 1 07-08-2016 03:30 AM
WTT: 15/16 Black Rota Wheels + Tires for any 16/17 wheels + tires - TRI-STATE AREA jayadez Trade 3 04-16-2014 04:51 PM
15/16 wheels vs 16/17 Wheels for the track marin mike Lotus Elise 24 03-08-2011 02:13 PM
WTB: Volk wheels (TE37/CE28) in either 15/16 or 16/17 6i9 Parts Wanted 0 12-27-2010 09:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome