15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
CASH ME OUSSIDE LOTUS MUSIC VIDEO

Some of you who have a sense of humor might enjoy this

Why these were made

Last edited by 102ndcar; 02-14-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Such moderate

Garage
I have quite the sense of humor for stupid stuff, but didn't think it was funny

Maybe it's just me.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post

Maybe it's just me.
I understand

Last edited by 102ndcar; 02-13-2017 at 03:04 PM.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's just me.
Haha, I'm with you. My favorite comedy of all time is Dumb and Dumber.

But I find this mostly cringe-worthy.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstomp06 View Post
Haha, I'm with you. My favorite comedy of all time is Dumb and Dumber.

But I find this mostly cringe-worthy.
Guess I know where the 2 dislikes came from. I thought it was comical. The girl that started it cracks me up
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102ndcar View Post
Guess I know where the 2 dislikes came from. I thought it was comical. The girl that started it cracks me up
Haha, wasn't me, I just played the video in the thread. Not that I would, but I don't think I could dislike it when it's embedded.

Yea I guess you have to find that little girl funny for starters. My wife thinks she's hilarious. She showed me the Dr Phil clip the other night. I just found her to be annoying and a bit sad.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Haha, wasn't me, I just played the video in the thread. Not that I would, but I don't think I could dislike it when it's embedded.

Yea I guess you have to find that little girl funny for starters. My wife thinks she's hilarious. She showed me the Dr Phil clip the other night. I just found her to be annoying and a bit sad.
It was just something different to do. I can understand why some wouldn't like it. There was a lot of work put into the video though. I guess its not the chick that was really comical to me... I suppose it's the fact people like her even exist lol. anyway.. I get it, some will like it some won't.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
It was just something different to do. I can understand why some wouldn't like it. There was a lot of work put into the video though. I guess its not the chick that was really comical to me... I suppose it's the fact people like her even exist lol. anyway.. I get it, some will like it some won't.
The production value seemed pretty good. Especially with the overhead shots.
102ndcar likes this.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Will work for tires

Garage
I think the audience demographics between the reference and this forums average audience is probably very very small. Same video with a different song would probably get better traction, but cool idea!
102ndcar likes this.

'06 Laser Blue Elise: Sport and Touring Pack

Elise/Exige Production Numbers
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaw View Post
I think the audience demographics between the reference and this forums average audience is probably very very small. Same video with a different song would probably get better traction, but cool idea!
I agree haha
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:35 PM

A hint about what the reference means would help.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:32 AM

Nice one. Thanks for posting.
102ndcar likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancia View Post
A hint about what the reference means would help.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:21 AM

Thank you for posting. Those are a very sad statements about our society. That is not a music video, it is some kid's ego trip set to what can not be considered music. When his music -career- is over, what talent will he bring to society? "Like I can make really cool hand movements, bob my head, lick street signs and thrust my crotch up and down like this". Like her, he will probably go straight onto the welfare system. But hey, there are a lot of people who think that if you and I can afford to drive a Lotus then we can also afford to pay for the dead beats to lay about and do nothing. And then one day some bleeding heart on Capitol Hill will say that "No one should drive a Lotus (or any other fun/nice/etc car) until everyone can afford a car". Where have I heard that before? Now everyone has free choice, right?
My favorite documentary is Idiocracy
Sorry to be such a wet blanket. Wait, I have a joke, never mind, its not PC.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Weston View Post
Thank you for posting. Those are a very sad statements about our society. That is not a music video, it is some kid's ego trip set to what can not be considered music. When his music -career- is over, what talent will he bring to society? "Like I can make really cool hand movements, bob my head, lick street signs and thrust my crotch up and down like this". Like her, he will probably go straight onto the welfare system. But hey, there are a lot of people who think that if you and I can afford to drive a Lotus then we can also afford to pay for the dead beats to lay about and do nothing. And then one day some bleeding heart on Capitol Hill will say that "No one should drive a Lotus (or any other fun/nice/etc car) until everyone can afford a car". Where have I heard that before? Now everyone has free choice, right?
My favorite documentary is Idiocracy
Sorry to be such a wet blanket. Wait, I have a joke, never mind, its not PC.
I bet you're fun to hang out with. The "kid" is me. The video is a bit of a parody to some "real" music videos. As far as welfare goes, don't think so. I've been working since I was a kid to get my car, I was raised on a farm in Arkansas and joined the military at 17 and I have been active duty for 5 years. We had a lot of fun making the video. It's not a "music career", and I won't make one Penny off the video. I guess you have never acted stupid for fun before though once in a while right? Have a nice day.

This specifically is what we were making a parody of
Klint likes this.

Last edited by 102ndcar; 02-14-2017 at 05:48 AM.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:56 AM
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
I bet you're fun to hang out with. The "kid" is me. The video is a bit of a parody to some "real" music videos. As far as welfare goes, don't think so. I've been working since I was a kid to get my car, I was raised on a farm in Arkansas and joined the military at 17 and I have been active duty for 5 years. We had a lot of fun making the video. It's not a "music career", and I won't make one Penny off the video. I guess you have never acted stupid for fun before though once in a while right? Have a nice day.

This specifically is what we were making a parody of
https://youtu.be/H1NO9gxu0QM
102ndcar likes this.

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange (SOLD)
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:33 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Wasn't me either, can't do it from embedded videos.

Quote:

Very annoying and sad. And unfortunately society making fun of her is making her more popular and she is probably making money off of it, so she won't change at all.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Wasn't me either, can't do it from embedded videos.

Very annoying and sad. And unfortunately society making fun of her is making her more popular and she is probably making money off of it, so she won't change at all.
She was already popular at the time this video was made. I didn't do anything for her. Let's be real.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:59 AM

102ndcar
My sincere apologies, as I was ill informed and jumped to a partially wrong conclusion. It appeared to me that this was a "REAL" music video and not a parody. And you are correct, as my last sentence said, "Sorry to be a wet blanket", I have been accused many times of "Thinking Too Much" and with that I tend to follow things to a logical but dark conclusion. As for stupid things, I avoided them. I avoid drawing attention to myself. Kind of funny coming from someone who owns a Lotus. I too joined the Army at 17. For me it was to get out of a no future town in Arizona. And it was the best decision of my life. I lived in Maryland for thirty-eight years. I watched what was going on in Baltimore. I stopped going to the Mall because the youth inhabiting it were mostly thug-wannabe's. I have seen them more than once dancing on someone-else's car. I stopped watching the news as the spin placed on things was to much to swallow. This past election was a great example. I have retired to Ohio and I am amazed at how polite the youth and adults are. No shootings at the mall, no road rage incidents. But my outlook is slow to change and I responded to your video from a view point influenced by all of the above and more (below). My name is on that post and several others too, I stand behind the things I say, stand up for what I believe, And acknowledge when I am wrong and will apologize for it when needed. Again I apologize to you and any others I may have offended.
Dominic

(Soap Box) The media sticks it in our face and down our throat. More fodder for the propaganda machines of our enemies on how decedent Western society has become. Honey Booboo, Jersey Shore, "Reality TV". These idiots may not be our future leaders but what our leaders will lead. Other countries are laughing at us when they see what is to become our future and China is taking stock on it. Our children are taught right and wrong by what they see. Programs that tell them it is alright to shout obscenities in a restaurant, talk on your cell-phone at the theatre and go postal when when their milk shake is too thin. That it is acceptable to punch someone who opposes your view point. And instead of talking about a misunderstanding, that all you need to do is unfriend them. As they say in California: "It takes all kinds of people to fill the freeways".(Soap Box Removed)
102ndcar and Nickshu like this.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Weston View Post
102ndcar
My sincere apologies, as I was ill informed and jumped to a partially wrong conclusion. It appeared to me that this was a "REAL" music video and not a parody. And you are correct, as my last sentence said, "Sorry to be a wet blanket", I have been accused many times of "Thinking Too Much" and with that I tend to follow things to a logical but dark conclusion. As for stupid things, I avoided them. I avoid drawing attention to myself. Kind of funny coming from someone who owns a Lotus. I too joined the Army at 17. For me it was to get out of a no future town in Arizona. And it was the best decision of my life. I lived in Maryland for thirty-eight years. I watched what was going on in Baltimore. I stopped going to the Mall because the youth inhabiting it were mostly thug-wannabe's. I have seen them more than once dancing on someone-else's car. I stopped watching the news as the spin placed on things was to much to swallow. This past election was a great example. I have retired to Ohio and I am amazed at how polite the youth and adults are. No shootings at the mall, no road rage incidents. But my outlook is slow to change and I responded to your video from a view point influenced by all of the above and more (below). My name is on that post and several others too, I stand behind the things I say, stand up for what I believe, And acknowledge when I am wrong and will apologize for it when needed. Again I apologize to you and any others I may have offended.
Dominic

(Soap Box) The media sticks it in our face and down our throat. More fodder for the propaganda machines of our enemies on how decedent Western society has become. Honey Booboo, Jersey Shore, "Reality TV". These idiots may not be our future leaders but what our leaders will lead. Other countries are laughing at us when they see what is to become our future and China is taking stock on it. Our children are taught right and wrong by what they see. Programs that tell them it is alright to shout obscenities in a restaurant, talk on your cell-phone at the theatre and go postal when when their milk shake is too thin. That it is acceptable to punch someone who opposes your view point. And instead of talking about a misunderstanding, that all you need to do is unfriend them. As they say in California: "It takes all kinds of people to fill the freeways".(Soap Box Removed)
Wow well that pretty much sums up the disaster that is modern American society. The good news is that hiding below the media drivel are people like you and me that are leading normal productive lives and ignoring this crap.

FWIW I am a US Navy vet myself.
surferpkt and 102ndcar like this.

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange (SOLD)
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus in the Media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in