The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Girlfriends reaction to my second lotus!

5K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Albee81 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
that sounds like it would have made for a much more funny video!

Nice... "Faster than the other one" shows she's paying attention. :) And I never get tired of hearing SC whine.

So what does "built by" mean? It's loaded with kit from @GregsRaceParts ? Or did Greg *actually* build it up?
Well I haven't announced to the folks who sub my video but I actually bought the GRP car! literally the whole car has been rebuilt, not necessarily the whole engine, but greg has done a ton of work to the car and it's phenomenal! The s/c setup is one thing but the interior/exterior carbon work that greg offers is almost artwork in itself, just really nice quality parts!

#9 ·
Someone totaled it out back in December

What supercharger?
I believe its an exige Supercharger with a customer intercooler setup by GRP with exige injectors, suspension & ECU with tune

Very awesome - congrats on the new/upgraded Lotus. Those seats...win!
Thanks buddy!

Lets see some pics of the car inside and out. Love to see the CF!
I will get some pics up as soon as I can, it really does look fantastic ;)

#8 ·
Pics

Lets see some pics of the car inside and out. Love to see the CF!

#10 ·
Looking forward to more videos. Do you plan to take the car to MSR? Being in Pearland you are really close to the track.

#12 ·
I have never been to a circuit before, only drag but I would be interested in learning about it, I just don't know anyone who does anything like that near by

I think you mean "girlfriend's reaction", or do you have more than one?

Also - "someone totaled it out"? Do you mean you crashed it and the insurance company totaled it?
No grammar Nazi, I only have one. By totaled it out I mean someone totaled out my car as in I did not total my car, as in someone else destroyed my car beyond repairable damage so the insurance company thought

#11 ·
I think you mean "girlfriend's reaction", or do you have more than one?

Also - "someone totaled it out"? Do you mean you crashed it and the insurance company totaled it?

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really appreciate it! Thank you!

The Nazis committee genocide; I pointed out that you don't know the difference between plural nouns and possessives. Hardly the same thing.

Why haven't you posted your old car's VIN (along with what happened) in the salvage forum?

Given that you didn't post anything abut the accident, I'd bet even money that you totaled your car, not someone else.
I didn't post anything on the car because the car is already posted on here with a salvage title. I did my research and drove 6 hours twice to inspect the car before I bought it after looking at it on here. Insurance will not pay to restore an already salvage title car.

No need to jump on the guy - he has a life outside of the forum and not everyone posts their business on the internet. Grammar Nazi, btw, has been a saying on the internet for a long while. Being how long you have been on this forum (posts wise) I would think you would be a bit more upstanding and not have to continue to degrade someone like this. Congratulate the guy on upgrading to a better Elise than he lost (especially at such a young age) and move on.
Yea I would expect more of such a member too. Always a bad apple somewhere!

"And I never get tired of hearing SC whine".

As they say at: The High Speed Lab @ embreemachine.com, "The Shrill IS the Thrill!!!" (Re-builders of Roots type Eaton SC's)>:)
I love it!

#18 ·
No need to jump on the guy - he has a life outside of the forum and not everyone posts their business on the internet. Grammar Nazi, btw, has been a saying on the internet for a long while. Being how long you have been on this forum (posts wise) I would think you would be a bit more upstanding and not have to continue to degrade someone like this. Congratulate the guy on upgrading to a better Elise than he lost (especially at such a young age) and move on.

#21 ·
Okay all, let's settle down just a bit and get back to listening to yet another Elise with that fantastic supercharger whine. Congrats on the new car, always nice when you can upgrade. Only thing I noticed in one of your posts that seemed funky, someone tell me if I'm wrong but the Elise and Exige use the exact same injectors. They can certainly be upgraded but from the factory I'm pretty damn sure they are the same, again if I'm wrong correct.

Not to fan any flame or upset anyone but I also found use of the term Greg "built" the car sorta odd. Unbolting and replacing simple interior parts with carbon ones and even minor suspension and intercooler work doesn't really mean "built" to me. I've spent almost as much with BOE on my car than I did to buy it yet I wouldn't refer to it as "BOE built". To me when I hear that it means huge things like engine, transmission, suspension (as in uprights, arms, links, etc. not just coilovers), cage, fire, seats, etc. Something that transforms the car so much in some ways it's almost not a Lotus anymore. Hennessey taking an Elise and creating a Venom also comes to mind, but clearly to the extreme. Don't mean to be picky or argumentative here at all, really more of a conversation piece to see what others think when they hear that term.

Again congrats on the new ride and for having a girlfriend who's way above your batting average, well done sir, well done.

-Ross

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Are we seriously arguing what the word built means? The dictionary states built is the past tense of build: construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

As far as I know Greg constructed a fully intercooled supercharger using oem and aftermarket parts and fabricates a bunch of other parts for his car.

<irony fuel removed>

#24 ·
Easy there Vaughn, no one is arguing anything. Sure, I'm discussing the issue as I think it's an interesting question. I've had the exact same discussion before in regards to Phil's work/engines. In that thread we discussed the difference between a builder or constructor. Again, like here, it was meant as a friendly conversation not something to troll over to blow something out of proportion over.

Rather than only trying to calm the thread down I thought I'd add something worth discussing rather than only calming. I'm sorry if you chose to read something negative into that and again I'll caution you about flying off the handle for no reason.

-Ross

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.