Girlfriends reaction to my second lotus! - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Absolute power does what?

Okay all, let's settle down just a bit and get back to listening to yet another Elise with that fantastic supercharger whine. Congrats on the new car, always nice when you can upgrade. Only thing I noticed in one of your posts that seemed funky, someone tell me if I'm wrong but the Elise and Exige use the exact same injectors. They can certainly be upgraded but from the factory I'm pretty damn sure they are the same, again if I'm wrong correct.

Not to fan any flame or upset anyone but I also found use of the term Greg "built" the car sorta odd. Unbolting and replacing simple interior parts with carbon ones and even minor suspension and intercooler work doesn't really mean "built" to me. I've spent almost as much with BOE on my car than I did to buy it yet I wouldn't refer to it as "BOE built". To me when I hear that it means huge things like engine, transmission, suspension (as in uprights, arms, links, etc. not just coilovers), cage, fire, seats, etc. Something that transforms the car so much in some ways it's almost not a Lotus anymore. Hennessey taking an Elise and creating a Venom also comes to mind, but clearly to the extreme. Don't mean to be picky or argumentative here at all, really more of a conversation piece to see what others think when they hear that term.

Again congrats on the new ride and for having a girlfriend who's way above your batting average, well done sir, well done.

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 09:42 AM
BANNED

Are we seriously arguing what the word built means? The dictionary states built is the past tense of build: construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

As far as I know Greg constructed a fully intercooled supercharger using oem and aftermarket parts and fabricates a bunch of other parts for his car.

<irony fuel removed>

Last edited by Turbopun; 02-15-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: removed unhelpful remarks
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 AM

Your car looks like shi.t bro
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn View Post
Are we seriously arguing what the word built means? The dictionary states built is the past tense of build: construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

As far as I know Greg constructed a fully intercooled supercharger using oem and aftermarket parts and fabricates a bunch of other parts for his car.

<irony fuel removed>
Easy there Vaughn, no one is arguing anything. Sure, I'm discussing the issue as I think it's an interesting question. I've had the exact same discussion before in regards to Phil's work/engines. In that thread we discussed the difference between a builder or constructor. Again, like here, it was meant as a friendly conversation not something to troll over to blow something out of proportion over.

Rather than only trying to calm the thread down I thought I'd add something worth discussing rather than only calming. I'm sorry if you chose to read something negative into that and again I'll caution you about flying off the handle for no reason.

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 10:22 AM

Nice! Pretty tame reaction from your girl.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM

Congrats!

My girl doesn't like cars, and doesn't understand car culture in any sense. Every one should drive a Camry as far as she's concerned.
MotoGeek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus in the Media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in