Grass Roots Motorsports - Feature article on Lotus - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mwehnes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Grass Roots Motorsports - Feature article on Lotus

Pretty cool feature article in GRM on Lotus. Not sure everyone reads GRM, so sharing here.

Which Lotus Is the Ultimate Driver's Car?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...paign=GRMDaily

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Less is Better

I find comments like these naive:

"Elises and Exiges are steadily transitioning from “interesting modern sports cars” to “legitimate milestones and near-future classics.” Harris has seen the market climb slowly but steadily, and it appears that any depreciation bottom that these cars might have had has passed."

It's not about depreciation, it's about economy. 911s, muscle cars, whatever, go up and down and up and down with the economy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the first half is basically a WireWheel advertisement. It gets more about the actual car later on. Not the greatest write up, but I'll love to see any Lotus coverage even if it's mediocre.
me73 likes this.

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post

"Elises and Exiges are steadily transitioning from “interesting modern sports cars” to “legitimate milestones and near-future classics.” Harris has seen the market climb slowly but steadily, and it appears that any depreciation bottom that these cars might have had has passed."

It's not about depreciation, it's about economy. 911s, muscle cars, whatever, go up and down and up and down with the economy.
The meteoric rise in air cool porsche prices can't be explained by the economy.
Many people feel that the prices on the Elise/Exige will rise similarly because nothing else like them exists or can be built because regulations have changed
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post

The meteoric rise in air cool porsche prices can't be explained by the economy.
Many people feel that the prices on the Elise/Exige will rise similarly because nothing else like them exists or can be built because regulations have changed
Sure it can. People in my generation grew up obsessed with the 993 and turbo 911s in the 80s and 90s as well as Testarossas and Countachs. Porsche introduces a replacement that is less desirable and the stage is set. We are now in our prime income years, the economy turn up at the same time ten years ago and we can afford to buy the toys we obsessed over when we were kids. 993s we're the first to go up. Prices rose. There are me-tos that see how much the 993s are worth and they start looking at any air cooled 911. Slowly early cars then 3.2 Carreras then the 964 that no one liked is hot. Now the investors see an opportunity and prices rise ridiculously. These cars were made in high volume. They aren't rare like a Ferrari that was made in copies of hundreds that can justify the price. It's a cycle that happens with every economic boom. It's a feeding frenzy driven by the fact that alot of people have money. There will be investors caught with their pants down when the bottom drops out again. Last time it was muscle cars from the 60s. 911s and all the other cars that got swept up in this will return to realistic pricing when the economy takes it's next down swing and the investors move on to something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus in the Media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in