The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

I took my Lotus Camping

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Obeisance 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Very nice! I'm happy you decided to post again. It was really a shame someone had nothing better to do than discourage your efforts last time.

Reactions: 102ndcar
#13 ·
More for @Gagoss and other Elise/Exige owners . . . I have occasionally had to park my Elise outside overnight in the weather. In rain, I put a plastic garbage bag over the engine grill to keep excessive water out. Peel it off front to back and any trapped water sheets off to the rear.

Glen

#5 ·
It would be a shame not keep sharing.. there isnt enough lotus videos out and about!

My car is no garage queen, I drive it, rain or shine, if something breaks.. I fix it

Nice! I have taken mine fishing, but I won't drive on sand, dirt/sand is one thing I wont do in the car. I take the truck for surf fishing!

#6 ·
Nice videos. Started following your chronicles on and off lately. You're quite the storyteller.

In case you feel like you need to upgrade your camera in the future, look into getting a handheld gimbals for cameras. It'll be perfect for the type of shooting you do, and it should greatly reduce unwanted camera shakes.
I've been eyeing a few different gimbals for my GoPro, but the OSMO that was very recently released from DJI(better known for their quadrocopter drone Phantom) seemed very promising.

#8 ·
Nice videos. Started following your chronicles on and off lately. You're quite the storyteller.
]
Well I try to keep the viewer entertained haha. Thanks for sharing that camera, really cool. Never seen anything like that before, maybe in the future I will get such a thing. Aside from that, I have a few different tripods I can connect to the cameras one being small and fits perfectly in my hand when closed and its pretty good to stabilize, I just couldn't find it in the rush to get packed up and get out to Brazos bend before dark! Will try to work on stabilization in the future though and thanks for the feedback

why is your shift light blinking???
can you give some detail on your seats, they look nice with the orange.
My shift light is blinking because I disabled my immobiliser. Anything after that I don't know why, but I haven't had a problem and I have been running it like that for probably at least 6 or 7 months, its a bit annoying but that's it. I ordered a shorter belt and bypassed my a/c comp so maybe that's why? The pulley started throwing sparks on my a/c comp and almost caught car on fire while driving down highway lol. The seats were done like that before I got the car so unfortunately I can't tell you anything about them except they are wayyy more comfortable then anyone else's I have sat in. I actually did an 8 hour trip to Arkansas with a fully loaded car and it was a breeze there and back (I filmed this too in my earlier videos). I wish I could tell you more but I don't even know.

#12 ·
Exactly :p

Get busy driving it or get busy looking at it!

That looks like a lot of fun and I applaud you.
Thanks, I bought it to drive it~! I certainly do!

Cool! Way to use the Elise for adventure :up: And it's awesome your girl is up for tent camping, she seems like a keeper.

We went camping last weekend too, though not in the Elise. Two scouts and our gear filled up my wife's SUV. But boy driving on those TPWD park roads made me wish I had the Elise with me - might have to trailer her with us next time. ;)
She is! & do it! totally worth it!

#10 ·
Get busy driving it or get busy looking at it!

That looks like a lot of fun and I applaud you.

#11 ·
Cool! Way to use the Elise for adventure :up: And it's awesome your girl is up for tent camping, she seems like a keeper.

We went camping last weekend too, though not in the Elise. Two scouts and our gear filled up my wife's SUV. But boy driving on those TPWD park roads made me wish I had the Elise with me - might have to trailer her with us next time. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.