Lotus Driving Academy - Houston, Texas - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Lotus Driving Academy - Houston, Texas

If you are interested in signing up for the academy please look at the schedules and courses listed below and send an email to me at [email protected]. Also If you are interested in purchasing a 360 Cup car there are a few available.

Last edited by 102ndcar; 02-21-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:51 PM
Will work for tires

Garage
I've been interested but info is almost impossible to find for it. The US specific website has expired (http://www.lotusdrivingacademyusa.com), the Facebook page looks completely dead (https://www.facebook.com/Lotus-Drivi...4724302269521/), and all links from the Lotus main website have been removed.

Is there any basic info you can provide like options/packages, pricing, dates/availability, ect.?

This is all I could find: MSR Houston welcomes the Lotus Driving Academy

'06 Laser Blue Elise: Sport and Touring Pack

Elise/Exige Production Numbers
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaw View Post
I've been interested but info is almost impossible to find for it. The US specific website has expired (http://www.lotusdrivingacademyusa.com), the Facebook page looks completely dead (https://www.facebook.com/Lotus-Drivi...4724302269521/), and all links from the Lotus main website have been removed.

Is there any basic info you can provide like options/packages, pricing, dates/availability, ect.?

This is all I could find: MSR Houston welcomes the Lotus Driving Academy
Well, you are right. The program has been in pieces and to be honest it's still a work in progress. It's now under new management as the previous person in charge was slacking. I'm volunteering my time to try to get things rolling.

I will be going back to the academy in about a week and a half. Hopefully by then I can give you more information but as of now, all I can tell you is...

MSR is hoping to have the first class the last week of March, but nothing is set for sure just yet. There are currently 5 2017 Lotus Exige 360 Cup cars available for the academy or for purchase. There are also plans to bring in the Evora 400. However at this time I do not have info on what the classes will include but I do have pricing. I can update you in the future when I get more information on what each class entails. I do know that you receive a Lotus diploma upon completion of each level which is good for track use!

Intro to Lotus - $495
Level 1 Course - $795
Level 2 Course - $1750
Level 3 Course - $3995
Lotus Racing Academy - $7000

Update on what each course includes hopefully soon to come. On another note, you cannot drive your own car for these courses. As of now you are limited to the Exige v6 360 cup until the evora 400's come in. I will keep you guys updated in this thread as much as possible. Thanks for the patience.

-Alan

Last edited by 102ndcar; 02-01-2017 at 10:55 AM.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Will work for tires

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102ndcar View Post
Well, you are right. The program has been in pieces and to be honest it's still a work in progress. It's now under new management as the previous person in charge was slacking. I'm volunteering my time to try to get things rolling.

I will be going back to the academy in about a week and a half. Hopefully by then I can give you more information but as of now, all I can tell you is...

MSR is hoping to have the first class the last week of March, but nothing is set for sure just yet. There are currently 5 2017 Lotus Exige 360 Cup cars available for the academy or for purchase. There are also plans to bring in the Evora 400. However at this time I do not have info on what the classes will include but I do have pricing. I can update you in the future when I get more information on what each class entails. I do know that you receive a Lotus diploma upon completion of each level which is good for track use!

Intro to Lotus - $495
Level 1 Course - $795
Level 2 Course - $1750
Level 3 Course - $3995
Lotus Racing Academy - $7000
Thanks for the quick response. I'm still very interested so look forward to hearing more details once they are together. I loosely know what the levels entailed when they hosted it in Hethel, but would like to know how its been adapted to fit MSR.
102ndcar and Deet3450 like this.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:03 PM

Would be interested to see what each class offers. Lots of questions as this is new. Really only interested in it to be able to experience driving the Exige 360 Cup car and/or the Evora 400 on track at speed. The higher level courses seem pretty pricey though.
102ndcar likes this.

Cosworth short block, BOE Rev 400, Cometic Head Gasket 11.5:1, JCR Head with BOE Spec Porting, A/C Delete, BOE Surge Tank, ACT HDSS Clutch,BOE TOC Oil Pan, BOE HP Radiator, BOE Front Mount HEX, BOE Rear Mounted Oil Cooler System and Fan, Larini 4:1 Header, BOE Featherweight Exhaust, Nitron DA, Gut Sport Front Splitter, Difflow 5 Element Diffuser and Aeroplates, 5 point harnesses, BMW bolts, Yellow painted calipers, Jim Clayton Tow Hook, Rear Tow Hook, Visor Delete, Halon Fire Extinguisher.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 04:24 AM

I'm definitely interested, and would like more info about the intro/level 1 course when it becomes available.
102ndcar likes this.

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:30 AM

Could you explain the levels please
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Will work for tires

Garage
Here is a Hethel participant's experience with Level 2 (
) and level 3 (
).

I would expect something similar to very similar, but I would not expect the same exact thing in Houston, especially since it is so new and still getting details ironed out. Hopefully the higher levels incorporate multiple days or incorporate the lower levels because almost all other driving schools sponsored by manufacturers are around $2,000 or lower (High performance driving school buyers guide and list of schools in the United States).

Looking forward to hearing whats offered!
102ndcar and Deet3450 like this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM

I have attended the Porsche Driving school @ Barber Motorsports. Their school runs on average about $2000 per day.

Here is a link: https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...es/course-list

My wife has done the Performance - 2 day driving school and the Masters - 2 day driving school. I went through the Master with her because I was not going to stand around for two days again.

The courses are well worth it and the cars that you get to drive are very enjoyable.

Later,
Eldon
102ndcar likes this.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:06 AM

I am interested in these classes when offered. May June would be best for me. Intro or level one first I would guess
102ndcar likes this.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:12 AM

I would love to take a couple of courses. I wonder if they would give a discount if you drive your own car? Not that I wouldn't love to drive a 360 but some of those upper level courses look pricey. Looking forward to seeing more info. Thanks 102nd.
102ndcar likes this.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:05 AM

I found this Lotus Driving Academy but still not a lot of information about the levels yet.
102ndcar likes this.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Bump, update under price description in my original post
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 07:38 PM

Garage
I for one love the idea of this and would like it to succeed but the costs seem a bit high. Yes it will cost me more to purchase my own Elise or Evora plus instructor fees, however, at the end I own the car and I can continue to enjoy it for many more (non-track) days to come. Is there a way for current Lotus owners to bring their own car for a discounted rate to be competitive with the other instructor schools offered by MSR? Alternatively, is there a Lotus owner loyalty discount that will be offered to use the existing fleet of cup 360 cars?

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but I need to know why I should do the Lotus Academy over other personalised driver training to justify the cost.

2016 Ruter #31 Bus, (not Ardent) Red
2011 Elise R, Ardent Red
2010 Evora, Solar Yellow
1971 Europa S2, Lotus Yellow
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypaspazz View Post
I for one love the idea of this and would like it to succeed but the costs seem a bit high. Yes it will cost me more to purchase my own Elise or Evora plus instructor fees, however, at the end I own the car and I can continue to enjoy it for many more (non-track) days to come. Is there a way for current Lotus owners to bring their own car for a discounted rate to be competitive with the other instructor schools offered by MSR? Alternatively, is there a Lotus owner loyalty discount that will be offered to use the existing fleet of cup 360 cars?

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but I need to know why I should do the Lotus Academy over other personalised driver training to justify the cost.
I ended up having to go into work last week instead of being able to make it to the meeting for this. You can't bring your own car unfortunetly and I don't see any type of discount being offered just for owning a Lotus.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Had an awesome day driving the 360 cup giving lots of rides to students at UTI and speaking for the academy. You can now contact Frank Brown to sign up, his contact info is listed below and class dates. Video coming soon. These cars are a blast
Attached Images

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Update to what each course includes (Yes I know there is more than 3 courses but this is all the info I have at the moment) Thanks and if you have questions feel free to email me or reply to thread.
Attached Images

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 05:10 PM
He's on fire!

Any chance the level 3 is a 2 day course? Agree with others, for level 3, more than double for what amounts to 20 minutes more actual driving... seems like we're missing something.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 05:30 PM

Post - subscribed

To be honest? I'm not really certain if you are trying to do "Car Control" clinics and/or rather - Driver Education and/or Track instruction?

I think I can say that - as I instruct for a number of organizations. Actually only as an FYI and not as a brag, as I don't do that - I was CI for a large PCA Region? And am Nationally Certified - and have been for a long time. And I'm Track Chair for another very large PCA region??. And I'm also certified as an Instructor by a certain car manufacturer (I'll give you one guess?! ) in their home country. No, it's not a US manufacturer, either

If you can make sense of what you are doing - I'm quite certain a number of us would be willing to participate and/or else assist and indeed promote these events? In fact, a few of us might be able to integrate your mission into our events on a local basis...

But - it's certainly not clear of what you are trying to do here, at least to me?

My thanks,

John D.

'07 Exige S
& a few P'cars..
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Post - subscribed

To be honest? I'm not really certain if you are trying to do "Car Control" clinics and/or rather - Driver Education and/or Track instruction?

I think I can say that - as I instruct for a number of organizations. Actually only as an FYI and not as a brag, as I don't do that - I was CI for a large PCA Region? And am Nationally Certified - and have been for a long time. And I'm Track Chair for another very large PCA region??. And I'm also certified as an Instructor by a certain car manufacturer (I'll give you one guess?! ) in their home country. No, it's not a US manufacturer, either

If you can make sense of what you are doing - I'm quite certain a number of us would be willing to participate and/or else assist and indeed promote these events? In fact, a few of us might be able to integrate your mission into our events on a local basis...

But - it's certainly not clear of what you are trying to do here, at least to me?

My thanks,

John D.
I'm simply giving info to something there isn't info on because I live next to the track and I love Lotus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus in the Media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in