LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Lotus in the Media (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f307/)
-   -   Lotus reference in Feb -2017 Motor Trend (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f307/lotus-reference-feb-2017-motor-trend-395753/)

3carmonte 01-05-2017 06:51 AM

Lotus reference in Feb -2017 Motor Trend

In "Your Say... Readers Thoughts On Past Issues" there is feedback on the MT choice of "Best Drivers Car". (Jan. 2017 issue I believe). The winner was the McLaren 570S which was described as:
" Basic, engaging, less powerful, lighter, quicker, organic, telepathic."
So a reader submit's, "Are you sure there wasn't a LOTUS badge somewhere on that 570S?"
"P.S. Yes, I own an Elise".
Bruce Oblad
North Salt Lake, Utah

To which the editor replies: We checked. No Lotus badge. But we're hoping we'll be able to find one for you somewhere in time for next year's Best Driver's Car competition.
:UK:

Egan 01-05-2017 07:25 AM

This was a great story too: 2017 Best Performance Car of the Year - 2017 Acura NSX Named Road & Track's PCOTY

I read it while my wife's car was in for service earlier this week. Poor McLaren didn't make the cut ;)

3carmonte 01-05-2017 07:34 AM

I'm sorry. Is this the Honda/Acura forum?

TachItUp 01-05-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3carmonte (Post 5239985)
I'm sorry. Is this the Honda/Acura forum?

If you read the article, it states that the Evora 400 comes in 2nd place despite pretty much all of the competitors' higher price and power advantages.

Egan 01-05-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TachItUp (Post 5240001)
If you read the article, it states that the Evora 400 comes in 2nd place despite pretty much all of the competitors' higher price and power advantages.

And that the drivers didn't want to get out of it. :)

brgelise 02-08-2017 11:20 AM

Only true untainted by electronannies ride available.

craigyirush 02-08-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egan (Post 5239961)
This was a great story too: 2017 Best Performance Car of the Year - 2017 Acura NSX Named Road & Track's PCOTY

I read it while my wife's car was in for service earlier this week. Poor McLaren didn't make the cut ;)

Baruth and Travis O loved the Evora, but couldn't convince the other editors to make it #1. Still, an impressive showing for the 400.

The reason why there was no 570S is that one of the R&T journos wrote it off! I think there's a sidebar in the print edition which tells the story.

craigyirush 02-08-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3carmonte (Post 5239873)
In "Your Say... Readers Thoughts On Past Issues" there is feedback on the MT choice of "Best Drivers Car". (Jan. 2017 issue I believe). The winner was the McLaren 570S which was described as:
" Basic, engaging, less powerful, lighter, quicker, organic, telepathic."
So a reader submit's, "Are you sure there wasn't a LOTUS badge somewhere on that 570S?"
"P.S. Yes, I own an Elise".
Bruce Oblad
North Salt Lake, Utah

To which the editor replies: We checked. No Lotus badge. But we're hoping we'll be able to find one for you somewhere in time for next year's Best Driver's Car competition.
:UK:

But I wonder why the 400 wasn't in MT's test this year? It wasn't in Car and Driver's either. Did Lotus not get them a car, or did they not ask for one? R&T was the only American mag that put it in their best driver's car competition, where, as we've just discussed, it did rather well.

Egan 02-08-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigyirush (Post 5282138)
Baruth and Travis O loved the Evora, but couldn't convince the other editors to make it #1. Still, an impressive showing for the 400.

The reason why there was no 570S is that one of the R&T journos wrote it off! I think there's a sidebar in the print edition which tells the story.

Hence the winky eye...