Matt Farah on Evora 410 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrb3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Matt Farah on Evora 410

I don't know why I like the Smoking Tire reviews, I guess because Matt always finds something he likes and hates.
Makes me kind of want to replace my '11 with a new one.

'11 Evora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:09 AM

Nice to see Lotus Evora get some love. I think it is a under appreciated car. i plan to buy one
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:18 PM
craigyirush

Glad you posted this; I was about to!

Matt was one of the few who gave the 400 some love when it was launched (see his review of the demo car in early 2016, same one many of us drove). And if anything he's even more appreciative about the 410. Plus, he's really on it in this video. I've rarely seen him push a car this hard.

Only thing I didn't like was 'the best car for under (can't recall the amount) that's not a Porsche' comment. As he more or less admits later, it's better in some respects than even a GT4. And it sounds way better than the 718 (what doesn't).

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyirush View Post

Matt was one of the few who gave the 400 some love when it was launched (see his review of the demo car in early 2016, same one many of us drove). And if anything he's even more appreciative about the 410. Plus, he's really on it in this video. I've rarely seen him push a car this hard.

Only thing I didn't like was 'the best car for under (can't recall the amount) that's not a Porsche' comment. As he more or less admits later, it's better in some respects than even a GT4. And it sounds way better than the 718 (what doesn't).
Yea I didn't like that comment either (about the Porsche)...but I feel like he had to throw it in there to not get all the Porsche fanboys upset in the comments section.

It's worth noting that I think this was his last official smoking tire car review...and he chose this car to end it on.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You know, it's funny, I guess because I always hear the Porsche comments, I just kind of ignore it!
craigyirush likes this.

'11 Evora
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Plus, he's really on it in this video. I've rarely seen him push a car this hard.
Even I was pretty impressed by how quickly he was going through that section of Lake Hughes. When he went into the corner like that, my first thought was "woah, he's on it."

2011 Lotus Elise SC Final Edition 15 of 15 - Ardent Red
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:09 AM

Quote:

To be fair to Matt, he said under $200k. That would also include the GT3 and GT3RS. It would be much harder to say the Evora 410 is the better car than those two.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
craigyirush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
To be fair to Matt, he said under $200k. That would also include the GT3 and GT3RS. It would be much harder to say the Evora 410 is the better car than those two.
I believe he said best mid-engined car for under $200k (which I didn't quote). If he did, the GT3 and GT3RS wouldn't count, wonderful though they are.

Re Porsche guys - Pete Stout, who used to edit Excellence, auctioned his GT4 on BAT recently. Someone in the comments asked him about the Evora and he said he drove it when it first came out and he found the chassis "astonishing" (or words to that effect). He then said he drove a friend's 400 and it was even better!

IIRC correctly, the guy who owns Porsche tuners Sharkwerks bought an Evora S and was on here a few years ago talking about how it handled better than even the Cayman!

Such a shame that Lotus puts so little into marketing in the U.S. (though to be fair, they gave Matt this car to test). The cars sell themselves once you get knowledgeable people behind the wheel.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 12:35 PM

I’m no car expert but compare to many other cars I have driven, the Evora chasis, handling, and ride quality is second to none for its price range IMHO. I have an S and it’s already fast and I haven’t been able to use its full potential on the streets. I already reach 80mph in second gear so I really need the track to enjoy the car’s full capabilities. People have to drive it to understand – just like pictures doesn’t do justices until you actually see the car in person.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
IIRC correctly, the guy who owns Porsche tuners Sharkwerks bought an Evora S and was on here a few years ago talking about how it handled better than even the Cayman!
Having traded A Cayman S for an Evora NA and having Cayman S currently in my stable I can safely say the Evora handles better. If I am taking a car out for fun I jump in the Evora every time.

Great video, I like that car!

Last edited by Tazicon; 03-01-2018 at 01:56 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
I believe he said best mid-engined car for under $200k (which I didn't quote). If he did, the GT3 and GT3RS wouldn't count, wonderful though they are.

Re Porsche guys - Pete Stout, who used to edit Excellence, auctioned his GT4 on BAT recently. Someone in the comments asked him about the Evora and he said he drove it when it first came out and he found the chassis "astonishing" (or words to that effect). He then said he drove a friend's 400 and it was even better!

Such a shame that Lotus puts so little into marketing in the U.S. (though to be fair, they gave Matt this car to test). The cars sell themselves once you get knowledgeable people behind the wheel.
The 410 is nearly on pare with the GT3, imho.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:47 PM

I'm surprised he fit in the car lol he's a big boy.

Matt drove my rx7 he's a class act.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus in the Media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in