LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Lotus in the Media (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f307/)
-   -   New Lotus mag (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f307/new-lotus-mag-456770/)

craigyirush 06-05-2018 01:25 PM

New Lotus mag

Just subscribed to the first issue of a new Lotus magazine, ‘Absolute Lotus’.

It’s quite good - similar in form and content to other single marque magazines (‘Excellence’, ‘Total 911’).

Link - www.absolutelotus.co.uk

Dylan 06-06-2018 04:59 AM

Subscribed to print edition. Thanks for posting

XHILR8N! 06-06-2018 07:06 AM

Nice to see a new publication.

Unfortunate they misspelled Lotus plural. We need to send them the official factory announcement from decades ago telling about such “horrible” words as Lotuses and Loti

Dylan 07-13-2018 04:40 AM

I have nothing to do with this magazine, but having just received the second edition, I certainly recommend it. Many folks on here are very long-time Lotus fans, so perhaps you will know some/many of the stories about Lotus racing, cars that might have been, the individuals involved in engineering,production, design, etc., but I think you will still enjoy the stories of restorations, modifications, etc., by and about people who are truly fans of the marque. I hope the publishers are successful and the magazine becomes monthly, as opposed to bi-monthly, but I read the first edition more than once, and think that is likely with the second edition, too. This second edition has a number of features, one of which, about the Europa S and SE I very much enjoyed, as it hints at the struggle that has often plagued Lotus about building sports cars versus GT cars - a struggle I think we still see, as the market for true sports cars is so tightly conscripted. Plus, you can't beat some of the Britishisms in the mag,

AwesomeJoe 07-14-2018 02:49 PM

how anyone signed up for this magazine in the U.S??... very interested! just want to hear some feedback...

Dylan 07-15-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomeJoe (Post 5872250)
how anyone signed up for this magazine in the U.S??... very interested! just want to hear some feedback...

Yes. I'm in the US - well New Jersey, which is close.

Was easy to subscribe online and first edition arrived within a week or so. They gave me a choice of which edition I wanted to start with (1 or 2), and I assume that'll be true until they run out of the first run.

invictusmaneo 07-18-2018 10:42 AM

Yes I subscribed early on. Good quality photos, good quality print, and prompt shipping. Mine came inside of a durable manila mailer for protection, which was nice. Quality of writing and art isn't up to Evo standards, but I wouldn't expect as much. Truly well done and clearly some serious effort and love put in, totally worth it to me.

shay2nak 07-18-2018 12:19 PM

I wonder if Barnes & Noble will carry this. They have a lot of Euro car mags.

craigyirush 07-18-2018 02:00 PM

Yes, as I said in my first post, I subscribed to the digital edition. First issue was well worth it; haven't yet downloaded the 2nd.