Coolant spraying out of windshield nozzle??? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Coolant spraying out of windshield nozzle???

My windshield washer sprayers don't work when pull the lever, only the wipers go back and forth automatically. That is not my issue...

After driving my car and getting it up to temp I parked in the driveway and turned off the car. A few minutes later the driver side nozzle started spraying coolant at the same amount of pressure as if it was windshield washing fluid.

Since then I was driving the car and while driving it will intermittently start spraying usually from the driver side nozzle and occasionally from the passenger side as well. The wipers do not engage so it seems like a purge of coolant from the system. The part that baffles me is that it happens anywhere from 190-200 degrees temp so it is not a result of overheating.

Does anyone know what could be happening? How does coolant even get into the same lines to even do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Given that the windshield washers and coolant systems are separate, is there any chance someone connected the hose that is supposed to attach to the windshield washer pump on the bottom of the windshield washer reservoir, to the coolant expansion tank outlet instead? If so, the coolant expansion tank would be the source for the windshield washers, and if there was sufficient pressure from the cooling system, would (I think) cause coolant to come out of the windshield washers. It would also explain why your windshield washers do not otherwise work.

-- Mike
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 02:11 PM

This is hilarious. Please let us know what you find out.

I think the prior post hit the nail on the head as to the reason. Check the back of your windshield fluid tank, there should be a small rubber hose connected to the pump. If there is, you may want to switch the hose to the coolant tank and Vice versa around and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Engine Cooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in