NEW RADIUM PRODUCT: Lotus Coolant Tank - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

NEW RADIUM PRODUCT: Lotus Coolant Tank

These Lotus (S2) kits are now shipping.

The Radium Coolant Expansion Swirl Tank features three ports that use -6AN to 9/16-18 O-ring adapters (not tapered pipe threads) for a positive seal. The main tank is a 2-piece design constructed of cast aluminum. The two halves (shown below) are welded together along with a CNC billet aluminum cap receiver which mates to any standard 32mm "import" style pressure cap.

The Radium Engineering tank also has a swirl feature, as shown below. Pressurized coolant is sent into the vortex chamber's inlet tangentially and accelerated to a high rate of rotation. This is an old hot rod trick to help aid in deaerating the system.

The S2 Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige, and Lotus 2-Eleven comes standard with a Denso coolant expansion tank. This is the same plastic tank that is found in the Toyota 2ZZ-GE equipped vehicles. For fitment, Lotus designed a complex bracket that incorporates a mount for the electric hot-soak water pump. There has been cases reported where the Denso tank has failed and owners have found that new replacements are quite expensive. Radium has simplied the Lotus design by making two separate mounts and further improved it using a robust aluminum tank and adapting the factory hoses to -6AN fittings.

The picture below shows the factory Lotus setup (left) and the Radium setup (right).

For more information, please go HERE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 AM

You guys don't make it easy for me to save money.

Richard 2006 Elise
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

Radium Coolant Swirl Tanks are back in stock!

Lotus Elise/Exige/211 Coolant Expansion Tank Kit

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM

Thumbs up Worth every penny

Love mine!

[B]05 Lotus Elise REV400, Stage II, BWR TB, OBX header, Moroso Oil Pan, RTD Brace, PRoAlloy Radiator, SS Break Lines, S111 Oil Catch Can, ACT HDC, Carbon Fiber Spliter, GRP Side Scoops, CF side skirts, , S111 front & rear tow hooks, tail lights-LED, Driving lights, Allitech, CF interior, 2010 Exige Spoiler, Lotus shop Seats, RA clam, Light Flywheel, ATI pulley, 2010 Exige Cup mirrors
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM

What is the computation/conditions required to determine which BAR rated cap is necessary for the vehicle/setup? I typically see 1.3BAR for Import aftermarket upgrades but with Radium we have 3 options available from 1.1, 1.3 & 1.5
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

New Batch!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 12:44 PM

any one using this think its worth the cost? I like it but for 300$ I don t know if I need it
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 01:30 PM

I will have one shortly for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebodyelise View Post
any one using this think its worth the cost? I like it but for 300$ I don t know if I need it
NA fits,perfectly but with SC you need an additional bracket........so I went with moroso....not as good or as we'll engineered but it fits and the price was the same!

[B]05 Lotus Elise REV400, Stage II, BWR TB, OBX header, Moroso Oil Pan, RTD Brace, PRoAlloy Radiator, SS Break Lines, S111 Oil Catch Can, ACT HDC, Carbon Fiber Spliter, GRP Side Scoops, CF side skirts, , S111 front & rear tow hooks, tail lights-LED, Driving lights, Allitech, CF interior, 2010 Exige Spoiler, Lotus shop Seats, RA clam, Light Flywheel, ATI pulley, 2010 Exige Cup mirrors
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Arch. Project Manager

Interested @lt0302 . Let me know when its available.

"This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory." - Jeremy Clarkson

2005 BRP ELISE:
Sport Pack, Hard Top, Black Mesh Grills, Cup Air Box, TitanQR, Difflow diffuser, Larini Club Sport Exaust, Rear Panel Delete, RTD Brace w/Nitron Toe Pins, Mono-ball bushings, PRORAD, Reverie CF Side Scoops & CF Splitter, CF door pulls, Odyssey PC680. Filled seams including a custom one piece front paint protection film.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 03:23 PM

Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferpkt View Post
I will pick it up from the shop next week...

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Nein Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebodyelise View Post
I installed one when they first came out. It performs well and looks far better than the ugly repurposed part it replaces. BOE also makes a nice swirl pot (also more $ than the OEM part).

Glen

2011 Lotus Elise SC
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 PM

Wow...........Sep 2013 to now...............

I like it if this is what they have, pictures did not load.

On my Exige

In my wifes Elise

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpilot View Post
In my wifes Elise
Have you found a better way to mount those catch cans than with tape? I have the same catch cans and will need a new coolant tank soon but wondered what to do with the bracket that attaches to the stock coolant tank.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferpkt View Post
dang there was my chance for a used one...

does the new one come with instructions and hoses required? im thinking about doing the firewall mounted one so you must need to change the hoses around im guessing?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPawn View Post
Have you found a better way to mount those catch cans than with tape? I have the same catch cans and will need a new coolant tank soon but wondered what to do with the bracket that attaches to the stock coolant tank.
It was just temp. I finally modded the bracket and ran it to a clamp.

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:20 AM

Reviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt0302 View Post
NA fits,perfectly but with SC you need an additional bracket........so I went with moroso....not as good or as we'll engineered but it fits and the price was the same!

Reviving this post. I just ordered the "OEM location" version of the Radium coolant tank for my 05 Elise, but I recently had the Katana2 supercharger installed in it. Airbox and everything else is stock so it looks like it'll fit fine.

Emailed Radium too, to ask if they can sell/supply a bracket for SC. Your comment is the first one I've seen across a few different Radium Coolant Tank posts in here that suggests a different bracket is needed.

Does anyone have pictures of why they needed a new bracket with an SC?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LMNTZ View Post
Reviving this post. I just ordered the "OEM location" version of the Radium coolant tank for my 05 Elise, but I recently had the Katana2 supercharger installed in it. Airbox and everything else is stock so it looks like it'll fit fine.

Emailed Radium too, to ask if they can sell/supply a bracket for SC. Your comment is the first one I've seen across a few different Radium Coolant Tank posts in here that suggests a different bracket is needed.

Does anyone have pictures of why they needed a new bracket with an SC?
I didn't need any addl bracket with the SC and I can't think of why you would.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
I didn't need any addl bracket with the SC and I can't think of why you would.
I know they sell two different versions, one for firewall mount, and one for OEM location mount. Maybe someone highly modified theirs or Exige vs Elise? Who knows. The amount of things people do to the cars affects the space but I'm just swapping out the OEM for the Radium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Engine Cooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in