A/C delete - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagola1 View Post
On another note, the weather is looking ok-ish for coming down to Ozark. You gonna be there, Bobby?
Sorry Dood. We are going to be in Apalchicola that weekend for the seafood fest.

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:59 PM

I removed the AC around last year and all unnecessary items (Airbags, sound deadening etc, you name it's more likely gone). Best thing I ever did LOL.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Have one more track day after Black Friday! Then doing some major renovations. Have to make space and loose weight for the cage!

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:30 PM

MY a/c was leaking so I had some dye put in with the freon and it lasted about 3 days. I took off the middle panel and looked around with a uv light and put a 3 ft x 3 ft mirror under the car to look upwards but didnt see anything. Granted I never jacked up the car so I didnt get a good view.

Where are the various fittings and the compressor located?

I can see where the high and low side lines are near the passenger vent, but have no idea of where the compressor is or where the lines going into or out of it are. Are there also fittings under the front clam and are they viewable by taking off the access panels and grills, or does the front panel under the car and possibly the entire front clam have to come off to see them?

I had the oil cooler fix done at the dealership about 2 yrs ago and then a few months later I noticed that the a/c wasnt working so I added freon and it lasted about a week. Then winter came so I didnt have to use the a/c. This summer I added the dye and noticed when checking out the car that the technician that did the oil cooler fix had left a pair of plastic vice grips under the front clam. Another rattle problem solved! Wonder if they might have banged against something and loosened up an a/c fitting or if an a/c part was clamped with the vice grips and the clamp eventually fell of loosing a part?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Is it possible to remove the evaporator and still have the heat work?

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > A/C, Heating and Ventilation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in