Does anyone know How to fix a stripped AC / Condenser Fitting? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:28 PM

You are not the only one who has had this happen. I was pretty generous with the AC compressor oil in assembly, thinking of this very issue raised in another thread concurrent to when I was doing my work. Also I would be very careful with the little metal chips when cleaning the threads, big trouble from little metal pieces.

If I did it again I would see if the right angle hose ends would sneak in behind the crash structure since it would mean no mods to put in a very inexpensive condenser . I think it was less than 250 bucks hoses and all

And it isn't upside down....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:54 AM

Hey thanks for the answers! I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'll probably just buy a replacement. There seems to be two different types:

1) A silver OEM version that costs $800 or so like the one sold at lotusgarage.com
2) A black aftermarket one that runs around $350 like the one Falsey bought from elise-shop.com.

@Falsey - does it seem like it was made well and has it been effective so far?
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 PM

It did seem well made, I was happy with it. As far as performance, I didn't necessarily notice a change. I did put puller fans on the car, so the AC does start to get warm when sitting at a light too long but once air starts going through the condenser the AC works like it should.

If you didn't see the thread to improve AC performance, I highly recommend it. I removed the plate in the footwell and it was a huge difference! There are many more mods in it but that was the only one I wanted to do because it had the greatest impact

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:01 PM

Looks like the Lotus one is up over a grand now....

you should definitely look at what improvements you want to do, cause once the clam is off, it isn't really a lot of money. The recirc covers and the heater valve are the big ones. Detailing the fresh air door is virtually free, easy and effective.

I enjoyed having the cover I designed on this winter doing other projects or I would have lost endless hardware and wrenches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > A/C, Heating and Ventilation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in