don't have to remove it, approach the problem in a different way.
the panel is directly connected to the air distribution unit, see here:
distribution unit has a stepper motor directly connected to the AC panel, sorry for professional schema
So we have 3 possibility now:
- AC panel is dead
- stepper motor on the distribution unit is dead
- wiring short or mechanical problem
as u have the AC panel replacement i would check the stepper motor to verify if work or not... to do that there's a trick!!
it is exactly same stepper motor used for the heater:
- remove wiper motor (holded by 4 bolts)
- remove Air distribution unit , hold by those 2 rivets
- remove stepper motor from ait distribution unit and connect it to the connector of heater flap. Verify if it works or not.
- u can also check for the wiring in case.
at this point u will go for exclusion