LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   A/C, Heating and Ventilation (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f313/)
-   -   Pro-Alloy Top Mount Fan Kit - on AC cars (Advisable?) (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f313/pro-alloy-top-mount-fan-kit-ac-cars-advisable-342529/)

s2077s 12-17-2015 05:21 PM

Pro-Alloy Top Mount Fan Kit - on AC cars (Advisable?)

Will changing to the Pro-Alloy Top Mount Fan Kit with the upgraded pro-alloy single-pass radiator + their OEM spec condenser create any detrimental effects to the already rather useless AC on the Lotus Elise (06)?

I think Sector111 does NOT recommend using this kit for cars with AC on their website selling this. But people have been telling me changing to a top mount fan kit is the way to go.

I do need to consider AC cooling as priority. So anyone here have any experience on this?

Thanks.

oldmansan 12-17-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2077s (Post 4521321)
Will changing to the Pro-Alloy Top Mount Fan Kit with the upgraded pro-alloy single-pass radiator + their OEM spec condenser create any detrimental effects to the already rather useless AC on the Lotus Elise (06)?

I think Sector111 does NOT recommend using this kit for cars with AC on their website selling this. But people have been telling me changing to a top mount fan kit is the way to go.

I do need to consider AC cooling as priority. So anyone here have any experience on this?

Thanks.

I have an aftermarket oversized single pass radiator with two top mounted SPAL puller fans and the oem condenser. I've had this setup for years with no issues and the AC is actually better than it was.

San

shinoo 12-18-2015 06:57 AM

If AC performance is the priority, then top mounted fans will make sense. If engine cooling is the priority than switching to top fans will not give you any significant improvement that would justify the cost.

For race cars that don't need AC, top mounted fans are the way to go...assuming you also yank out the condenser.

oldmansan 12-18-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinoo (Post 4521961)
If AC performance is the priority, then top mounted fans will make sense. If engine cooling is the priority than switching to top fans will not give you any significant improvement that would justify the cost.

For race cars that don't need AC, top mounted fans are the way to go...assuming you also yank out the condenser.

I should point out I also have a Laminova setup, so I have AC performance and great engine cooling (as well as fast engine oil warmup). First mod I had done by Allen at VSA Motorsports.

San