Below are Viper's steps with a few notes of my own to ensure its "dumb-azz" proof cause I'm an idiot...
Neither key fobs work; they won't disable/enable alarm and the doors won't lock/unlock. Luckily, my doors were unlocked at the time.
- Steps I used to resolve -
REMOTE KEY FOB - RESYNCHRONIZATION - USE WHEN EXISTING REMOTE CEASES TO WORK
1) Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (remote fob LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync. complete
--- The steps above have worked well for me in the past but failed this time after 20+ attempts... ---
REMOTE KEY FOB - PROGRAMMING - USE WHEN ADDING A NEW REMOTE INTO THE SYSTEM OR AFTER SEVERAL FAILED RE-SYNCING ATTEMPTS
IGNITION MUST BE ON (put key in and turn into ingition position) AND THE ALARM MUST BE OFF (in other words NOT blinking!) before proceeding.
STEP 1 – PREPARING ALL REMOTE KEY FOBS - ALL FOBS MUST BE DONE SIMULTANEOUSLY
Press and hold both buttons on remote until the LED stops flashing (about 10 seconds).
Do this for all remotes to be programmed
The LED on the remote should stay on until after programming.
Note: If the LED on the remote extinguishes by the time you want to program, the key has gone into battery
saving mode, press large button once to bring the LED back on then proceed with programming.
STEP 2 – ENTER PIN
1) Turn ignition ON and OFF 3 times within 5 seconds.
2) Security LED will blink once indicating that the security code can now be entered.
3) Enter security code as follows:
.... a) Turn ignition ON & count number of blinks representing 1ST digit of code then turn ignition OFF.
.... b) Repeat for 2nd digit.
.... c) Repeat for 3rd digit.
.... d) Repeat for 4th digit.
4) Turn ignition ON and LED will come on permanently if correct code has been entered
Note: This was my hardest step.. you must have the correct alarm code otherwise you can't proceed. You will notice that the blinks are very slow for the first digits... i have found that if you enter the wrong first digit, the repeat digits for 2 - 4 will blink faster. However, if you type the digits in correctly, the blinks will always be slower...
STEP 3 – COMPLETE THE REMOTE KEY FOB PROCEDURE
1) Press and hold the large button on one of the remotes until the security LED light in the tachometer goes out then comes back on.
Note: If it doesn't work for one key fob move onto the other and if successful, go back to the first one (that's what I had to do)
2) Do this for each remaining remote
3) Turn off the ignition and check each remote for the correct operation.
Good luck, and if in the LA area, feel free to PM me for help. This experience sucked ballz and I appreciate Viper's and all of your suggestions.
'05 Lotus Elise Chrome Orange, Touring, QuickSilver Exhaust, Dual Oil Coolers, Aluminium Triple Pass RACE Radiator, Exige ProBax Seats
'01 GMC Yukon SLE, Onyx Black, 4.8L V8
'00 C5 Corvette Convertible, Red, 5.7L V8