The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Permanently disabling immobiliser and alarm

87K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  sleepe 
#1 ·
Is there a way to permanently disable the immobiliser and alarm? They are extremely irritating, especially the inconvenience when the battery is flat or the remote and the alarm system go out of sync.

#2 · (Edited)
Yes, Pull the plug on the alarm and splice together the two pair of wires at each end of the immobilizer plug (below is my original photo/diagram). Or, you could program the immobilizer to not passively (automatically)arm.
Michael
Is there a way to permanently disable the immobilizer and alarm? They are extremely irritating, especially the inconvenience when the battery is flat or the remote and the alarm system go out of sync.

#3 ·
Immobilizer jump

Electronic component Electronics

The entire alarm system in an Elise is evil rubbish. There could be a whole website for the trouble and tears it's made.

Can turn off the alarm through one of the programings done with the key. I could find it if you don't have the directions.

#4 ·
Immobilizer jump

View attachment 174941

The entire alarm system in an Elise is evil rubbish. There could be a whole website for the trouble and tears it's made.

Can turn off the alarm through one of the programings done with the key. I could find it if you don't have the directions.
It would be much appreciated if you could dig up the instructions on how to turn off the darn thing. I basically want the thing off permamently and stop being a drain on my battery.

#5 ·
I've found the demonic installation manual and the owners manual on pdf file but did not find those directions there. It involved sitting behind the wheel for quite a while turning the key on and off in a long winded sequence. I did this a few times but the damn thing always turned itself back on. :evil:

Eventually it just had to be physically separated from the then much improved car.

When I got mine out I put it in a container of salt water. Exorcism completed.

I'm sure those directions are in LT somewhere. Unfortunately I think you need a four digit code, unique to each vehicle, to do it that way.

Reactions: DAaaMan64
#10 ·
I can't help you, but the previous owner of my Elise disabled the alarm/immobilizer by pulling it from the car. Every time I read these types of threads or hear if being locked out due to a dead battery I'm glad. I just use the key to lock/unlock. Not like I park it anywhere I'd need an alarm anyways...

#13 ·
Not in town tonight but if no one else chimes in I will find ours and study whatever clips it has. Will be a couple of days though.

#14 ·
Thanks, it looks like one of my tabs is broken off, so I am having a hard time pressing it. I think that's what my problem is, but I could just be doing it all wrong. I will probably go by the store tomorrow night and get simple splices, but it will still be helpful if you can show how to pop it off.

#17 ·
So, one would disconnect the plug, do the jump (fuel & starter) leave it un-connected and all is good to go ?
I have a 08, is there a difference?

Also trying to get a FOB duplicate key & alarm...any suggestions ?

Great, thanks

#18 ·
So, one would disconnect the plug, do the jump (fuel & starter) leave it un-connected and all is good to go ?

I have a 08, is there a difference?

Also trying to get a FOB duplicate key & alarm...any suggestions ?

Great, thanks

If you are getting a new key and fob in the near future, the process to synch it up is not too different from the process to disable the passive immobilization. Check out SirLotus' sig for the process, and the service manual also lists it. That is going to be your best bet by far. In a distant second place, you can jump those two pairs of wires and be able to run the car without the fob, but you'll also get a blinking light on the dash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#21 ·
2002 Esprit Alarm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on forum. I have a 2002 esprit with 12,000 miles and recently the FOB and Touch Key stopped working. I have changed the battery on the fob and still no go. Called lotus in Houston and they were helpful and tried to look up my PIN but stated that there was none on file. I checked with a second dealer and got the same response. They suggested that I look at the module and it should be written on a label. Has anyone come across this problem. Is there any way to disable the alarm and immobilizer?

#22 ·
For those of you that are still having trouble finding the plug or having trouble identifying which wires to jump. Here is a detailed video of the bypass. The prior 2 videos in the series will show (1) how to remove the seats. (2) how to remove the back panel behind the seats, bulkhead. Forgive some of my ignorance on what I find when tearing apart the car this is my first Lotus I have ever seen or touched.

If the video helps anyone be sure to share and check out the rest of the channel, also subscribe. (Mods if this isn't allowed let me know and I will edit this post.)

https://youtu.be/v7JCFDsUdfM

#24 ·
Anybody that has deactivated the automatic immobilized, can you confirm this extends the battery life? I'm replacing my Braille and have to charge it at least once a week or it won't start.
What is the best way to have it so it only locks/unlocks with pressing the fob. I had someone break my starter mashing it trying to get it to start (while getting a recall done) since it was immobilized.

#27 ·
As per post 19, it often takes a few tries.

#29 ·
Sorry to have misunderstood the situation. Was commenting on pressing the buttons properly.

#38 ·
#40 ·
I have the PFK alarm, which is not the Cobra alarm. It is found on my 2008 Exige and other later models.
I want to stop the immobilizer just like has been done on the Cobra alarm using the looping of pins technique of the ignition and fuel pump.
Attached is the PFK immobilizer connector which is integrated into the PFK alarm module (brain) . My question is which wires need to be looped together to deactivate the immobilizer?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.