General questions - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

General questions

I've got my heart set on owning a Lotus Elise/Exige sometime within the next month (at most two). I'm 22 & have a relatively clean driving record. Any young owners out there that can give me a general idea of what I can expect to pay monthly for insurance? Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykwondingo
I've got my heart set on owning a Lotus Elise/Exige sometime within the next month (at most two). I'm 22 & have a relatively clean driving record. Any young owners out there that can give me a general idea of what I can expect to pay monthly for insurance? Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Ty
Ty,

This topic has been covered many times on this site; the answers you're looking for are readily availble via the search function.

Matte Black, Sport, Touring, ***** intake (TBA), RAC Mono wheels, Painted Shift knob, smoked turn signals, Alpine SPS 6.5" rear speakers, MB Quarts, JVC Nav, Starshield, LBH exhaust, Dpic perf. gauge, Custom true HID projectors, GUT wing and splitter, Mesh side pods, Sector111 harness bar and 4-point harness, Lotus Sport Ohlins double-adjustable suspension, swaybar, '06 LED tailights, Toda flywheel, Lotusport interior.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 AM

There are FAR too many variables for anyone here to answer that question. Try getting a quote which is incredibly easy to do via the internet. AIG was really cheap for me but I still use GEICO because I think they have better customer service and treated me very well after my accident (in the Lotus).

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
xtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykwondingo
Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Ty
Uh... I advise you, additionally, to call your insurance agent and get a quote.

xtn

2006 McLareghini Bugatterrari, Storm Titanium... installed: air horn, Scroth 4-point ASM harnesses, Sector111 halon extinguisher and mounting bracket, Von Hep exhaust and rear panel delete, Pagid brake pads, red Volks CE28n wheels, Toyo RA-1 tires, Nitron SA coilovers, Sector111 (WorksBell) quick-disconnect steering wheel kit. awaiting installation: Scroth "pull-up" lap belts, Sector111 RTD Brace, Tony's heater bypass mod, and dropped steering rack mounting plates.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 PM

answers/responses to a General question may be found here:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44041
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM

I am not a young person, exactly the opposite.

But there are some main factors that will affect your insurance quote, but here are a few;

Your age.
Driving Record.
General Repair Costs for a specific model of car, cost of parts and labor.
Body material, If your Lotus has a Fiberglass body, State Farm Auto Insur. automatically added 50% for collision for FG bodied Lotus and Corvettes.
The level of coverage you choose, such as, deductible amounts and other coverages.

Good luck with your Lotus Search. I am looking for an original Elan. As you mature, age your insurance will generally drop, assuming one's driving
record stays clean.

Jim
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:55 PM

I got my 2010 exige s240 when I was 24 yrs old. Now I'm 31. It's been around 1200-1400 every 6 months if I recall. It all depends on location, discounts, company, coverage, records, etc. Just do a bunch of quotes and figure it out.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

-2010 Phantom Black Exige S240 [Kold-fire Custom Tune] [RLS 3.0"][RLS IC, IC pipe, IC shroud, Heatshield] [RLS sidescoop kit] [Saiku Michi Catch Can] [Walboro 255][BWR De-cat] [BOE 1/4 Stick] [TRD Intake] [Jim Clayton's Tow Hook] [CF Splitter, Sideskirts, Sidescoops, Wing Blade, Gas Cap]
-1995 Whitest White RHD Subaru Impreza STi type RA ver. II
-1976 Toyota Celica GT
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 05:26 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykwondingo View Post

Thanks,

Ty
As this is actually regarding Insurance, this should go under the Insurance section, not the Lotus Cars For Sale. I'm moving this.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire

Last edited by oldmansan; 08-25-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:36 AM
BOGUS

A couple of years ago, I was T-boned in my 1928 Ford Model A. Hagerty was on top of it asap. On the first call, they gave me the option to take it to my shop of choice or they would send out an adjuster. I had difficulty finding a shop and asked for an adjuster. The end product was a repaired Model A with no BS. Money was quick and supplements were not a problem. I was happy and so the repair shop. Hagerty is my company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related) > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in