Changes to the Elise Revealed In Geneva? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Changes to the Elise Revealed In Geneva?

A Lotus representative at the L.A. Auto show told me to expect to see some changes to the Elise to be revealed in the Geneva Auto Show-

did anyone else hear this?
does anyone know what it will be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Good work Gojira! They're not going to release anything official before Geneva ... but we can speculate. First off, if there are changes being made to the Elise then it would be reasonable to conclude that they are in the process of developing it ... NOW (not in a couple of years). Maybe the level of interest in the Elise at the Paris and L.A. shows has prompted Lotus to move up the launch date. From my perspective that would be great news. Lotus is going to run out of engines for the current Elises in 2011 (apparently) -- so what happens to Elise from 2012 to 2015 if they don't move up the date? I realize some the folks on this forum think it looks like a bloated codfish but I happen to think its a winner and would probably bite on it if the timing works out.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 08:20 PM
JWA

Are you sure he was referring to the 2015 fatty Elise? I would take that to me the current Elise, the newly face-lifted '11, and I'd assume that the change is to update the engine to something currently in production.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:43 AM

An inside Lotus source told me they plan on making it heavier. People love heavy cars and Lotus has listened.

They also tried to make the S3 uglier but just can't. They are now trying to hire Bangle so they can actually achieve their ultimate goal of making it the ugliest Lotus ever produced. Adding a few pounds in the process would be an added bonus according to this Lotus source. They secretly aim to make it over 2500lbs by the time cars roll off assembly line.

Good job Lotus!

2003 911 Turbo X50
2006 Lotus Elise VF2 and Reverie wings, 300hp and 300lbs of DF! Sold!
BMWCCA Instructor
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth G-F View Post
An inside Lotus source told me they plan on making it heavier. People love heavy cars and Lotus has listened.

They also tried to make the S3 uglier but just can't. They are now trying to hire Bangle so they can actually achieve their ultimate goal of making it the ugliest Lotus ever produced. Adding a few pounds in the process would be an added bonus according to this Lotus source. They secretly aim to make it over 2500lbs by the time cars roll off assembly line.

Good job Lotus!
The ugliest Lotus ever produced is the Elite II. The trophy was retired when that car hit the road.

http://www.shorey.net/auto/british/L...e%20=LF=07.jpg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusforsale View Post
The ugliest Lotus ever produced is the Elite II. The trophy was retired when that car hit the road.

Looks better than a subaru outback.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Take the AMC Gremlin (shown below) and drop a piano on it. Then you have the Lotus Elite II shown in your link.
Attached Images

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:

i like them very much and hope to build a daily driver wagon out of one someday.

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 07:55 AM

Back to the OP's topic....could this be the often dreamed of and ever elusive V-6 variant?? Dropping the six would help spread the limited number of four-bangers for a longer period of time....maybe long enough to tide them over until the new Elise goes into production. March is a long time to wait until the Geneva shin-dig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Future Lotus Models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in