LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Future Lotus Models (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f324/)
-   -   LUV - Lotus Utility Vehicle (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f324/luv-lotus-utility-vehicle-461722/)

GatorMS_Sales 08-31-2018 07:43 AM

LUV - Lotus Utility Vehicle

5 Attachment(s)
I spy with my little eye.....

Congrats to Russell Carr, Harvey Rabinjamina and to everyone at Lotus Cars! We can't wait for the new Lotus with a lift to arrive stateside!

We "LUV" the design and are now taking deposits for the soon to arrive Lotus Utility Vehicle!

4th photo is 'possible' rendering of the new LUV.
5th photo is from a 2018 Volvo XC40.

Ryan_G 08-31-2018 08:25 AM

I'm hoping this will keep lotus afloat and allow for some further development of some great sports cars.

cyow5 08-31-2018 08:46 AM

All I ask from people professionally associated with Lotus is that you do not perpetuate drawings like the motor1.com one that are purely guesses. People will easily misconstrue that as an endorsed depiction.

GatorMS_Sales 08-31-2018 08:49 AM

@cyow5 - as stated it's a rendering. The interior photos are patents hot off the press. We are so excited for the new Lotus with a lift!

XHILR8N! 08-31-2018 09:10 AM

Quite interesting. Iíll start the inevitable criticism with a shot at the same dumb plastic grill material as the 400. Maybe since the 430 overcomes that all future Lotus will.

This is sure going to be hard for many of us to accept. But Iím game, letís see what they do. Something like the Elise was for me, a chance for many to actually own a Lotus of some kind.

Rallycross?

Turbopun 08-31-2018 09:45 AM

Whoa :O

Beemerb0y 08-31-2018 12:41 PM

I dont love the luv

cph 08-31-2018 12:46 PM

Excuse my ignorance .. but what do you mean ... a lift ?

"We can't wait for the new Lotus with a lift to arrive stateside"

4380r 08-31-2018 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cph (Post 5886086)
Excuse my ignorance .. but what do you mean ... a lift ?

You know, lift.

shinoo 08-31-2018 02:57 PM

Nice find guys! Thanks for posting. I see one in my family's future...

glb 08-31-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4380r (Post 5886090)
You know, lift.

Great post.

NUBERNB 08-31-2018 06:56 PM

Thank for posting. To me -- err -- it looks like a Toyota SUV.

PLAY-DOH 09-01-2018 02:39 AM

Not much to criticize about except for the black wheels. Maybe someone will photoshop them silver.
The screen on the dash seems like a tablet stuck on there. Maybe it deploys back into the dash?
Is that the corner of the airbag rolling up in
fig.1? Just kidding! Iíd have one in my garage

dspecgsx 09-01-2018 04:07 AM

Will it be AWD?

brgelise 09-06-2018 05:49 AM

They better make the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio its performance bogey! I waited so long I now own a regular Stelvio Ti Sport and it is a FABULOUS Sport vehicle with a utilitarian ability. BTW mechanically perfect thus far.

Dylan 09-06-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLAY-DOH (Post 5886238)
Not much to criticize about except for the black wheels. Maybe someone will photoshop them silver.
The screen on the dash seems like a tablet stuck on there. Maybe it deploys back into the dash?
Is that the corner of the airbag rolling up in
fig.1? Just kidding! Iíd have one in my garage

This. Ugh.

Also, sad but not surprised, another sloping roof SUV that has S but not really any U. I had a 2004 Cayenne Turbo (new), and a 2007 ML63 (new). Plenty of S in both, and plenty of U. I guess nobody wants that anymore.

Dylan 09-06-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUBERNB (Post 5886194)
Thank for posting. To me -- err -- it looks like a Toyota SUV.

Evoque

steelypip 09-06-2018 07:53 AM

This approach has worked well for Porsche - I see way too many Cayennes and not enough any other Porsches in town, but it does keep the lights on in Weissach and besides, it's fun to embarrass the Cayenne drivers with my fine, vintage Elise (did so last night in fact).

That said, there is definitely a use for these: I've seen at least two Cayennes doing a fine job towing Porsche track cars on trailers.

All of that said, I'd wonder what the LUV will offer that its cheaper cousins won't. My favorite Touareg/Audi Xn/Cayenne sibling is the Tourareg Diesel, precisely because it comes with fewer automated gewgaws to break and is a better tow vehicle.

Vulcan Grey 09-06-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelypip (Post 5887794)
This approach has worked well for Porsche - I see way too many Cayennes and not enough any other Porsches in town, but it does keep the lights on in Weissach and besides, it's fun to embarrass the Cayenne drivers with my fine, vintage Elise (did so last night in fact).

That said, there is definitely a use for these: I've seen at least two Cayennes doing a fine job towing Porsche track cars on trailers.

All of that said, I'd wonder what the LUV will offer that its cheaper cousins won't. My favorite Touareg/Audi Xn/Cayenne sibling is the Tourareg Diesel, precisely because it comes with fewer automated gewgaws to break and is a better tow vehicle.

Cayenne's always start in 2nd gear... it's a tiptronic thing. Unless you manually shift to 1st or turn off the traction control.

I'm looking forward to the Lotus SUV... it can't possibly be LESS reliable than the Cayenne. My Lotus definitely has been more reliable than my Cayenne Turbo.

glb 09-06-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan Grey (Post 5887806)
Cayenne's always start in 2nd gear... it's a tiptronic thing. Unless you manually shift to 1st or turn off the traction control.

I'm looking forward to the Lotus SUV... it can't possibly be LESS reliable than the Cayenne. My Lotus definitely has been more reliable than my Cayenne Turbo.

I didn't know either of these.

I looked up CR and their readers say the 2016 was terrible in terms of reliability.

No rating for 2015 or '17.

What year is yours?